Essence Kajal Pencil

3.2

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have this kajal pencil in 04 White. It is alright, but I am looking for something better. I don't like the old-fashioned packaging that you have to be very careful with. It breaks easily and it's made of wood so it is annoying when you have to sharpen it.

I always fear that I might scratch my eyeballs with it not only because of the poor material that it's made of, but also because it is not really creamy. The color is not very intense, so you have to rub it in a bit to actually get a good result. I apply it a few times, then before leaving I apply it again as it smudges easily and it fades away. It's good only if you don't have anything else.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I've had this pencil in emerald green for a while, I was a bit worried about how I was going to apply it, so after watching a YouTube video yesterday I decided to try it out today.. The results are amazing! It glides on easily, didn't tug, I was actually able to draw a line and make it wing out! (First time ever for me, lol). The color is stunning and bold which I love, I like making my eyes stand out. I have sensitive eyes, but I don't have problems with this eyeliner at all. And the price tag is major plus side! It beats buying the expensive ones! I tried using a drugstore brand but it made my eyes burn and water so badly I had to stop using it. Overall I recommend this, I don't know why other people don't like this so much, because I love them.

To Read all 29 Reviews, Login or Join

I had such high hopes for this. I bought it in Teddy as in the store, it looked to be a lovely shade of metallic brown. I forgot about the purchase for a couple of weeks, and when I was finally ready to try it out, the whole tip just fell off! I sharpened it but the product was just a soft mess and I ended up losing quite a bit of product. When I applied it on my lids, to be fair it did glide on smoothly and the color was lovely, but within minutes I started seeing it smudge. Argh. So disappointed with this. The only silver lining is that I didn't pay much for it.

The only reason I bought this was because of the economic price. If this was priced the same as all those other $10+ eyeliners, I wouldnt of bought this. SMUDGES. I use this on my waterline and the opacity is great until a couple hours later. its all on my undereye. Wish this product wasnt so NON SMUDGEPROOF

on 3/3/2015 9:13:00 AM

So I am sharpening my weapons in my make up drawer tonight because I`ve been sitting home with the nastiest cold ever and it`s a crappy cold rainy day, and looking at everything I own I just had to write a review for these eyeliners. The color selection is simply beautiful, the application is easy, even after months of sitting in my drawer, and these are actually pretty long wearing. I`m not a fan of those high end waterproof pencils, so I am glad there are drugstore brands that offer such quality for such a low price. I especially love Taupe me!(22) and Behind the Scenes (15).

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

The essence Kajal pencil is pretty good, considering the price. It kind of left a streaky mark on my eye, but if I pressed firmly, it was OK. It also left a little bit of a mark on the area below my eyebrow, which was annoying. But it had good pigmentation (if you pressed firmly) so I would buy it again. All of that other stuff was probably beginner's luck (if you can call it that) as I only have used it a few times. I'm also fairly new to makeup so I think that played a factor in it as well. Overall, I liked it. It was OK.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I kind of had high hopes for this eyeliner because I was such a great fan of Essence's I Heart Rock eyeliner pencil but wow I was way wrong. I guess I can't really blame the product as it was 5 ringgit or less (don't really remember) but I have the kajal pencil in purple and oh my god, never again. The moment I dragged it across my eyelid, the entire thing just broke! The um, sharpened part that is. And it wasn't even over sharpened or anything! Luckily I had an eyeliner brush so I was able to smudge the gob of purple into a decent eyeliner shape. The colour isn't really very bright and it doesn't give you the effect you would want if you were getting a purple liner so overall, I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. Perfect for as a gift for a certain friend that you aren't fond of, though.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This product makes me FEAR eyeliner. I just had the worst of all experiences with this! Now, my eyes aren't sensitive (maybe a little but, it's never been a problem) but, when I wear this eyeliner, my eyes become the QUEEN of sensitivity! My eyes starts tearing (or to be more accurate: Creating waterfalls) and it becomes EXTREMELY itchy, so I'm rubbing my eyes constantly, trying harder than I've ever had in my whole life to not touch the actual eyeliner but, just fail MISERABLY!! So, probably about 30 minutes later after application, it's either all gone or I look like a panda. And if that is not enough for you, well, I cannot stress how NON-SWEATPROOF this is! I'm not going to go into any details (because it's just WAY too embarrassing for me) but, let's just settle with: by the end of gym class, my face was black.

on 1/19/2014 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This review is for the Essence Kajal pencil in #08 Teddy a metallic brown color that seems to be a MAC Teddy dupe and looks great with blue eyes. This pencil is pigmented and very soft which makes it glide on easily, but I also had to sharpen it after every use and I don't always have time for that. I have dry skin and eyelids and this smudges and migrated badly on me, with oily skin I can imagine it would be worse! Conclusion, cheap pencil to throw in your bag or to try out some fun colors you usually don't wear but not a daily staple make-up item, at least not for me!!

on 12/27/2013 3:00:00 PM

the eyeliners are really nice and creamy,dark
and i like them

only issue i have is that with t he black one, it does tend to transfer into my lower eye area and give me panda eyes after a while :(
asian eyes problems...