Essence Kajal Pencil

Essence Kajal Pencil
Kajal PencilKajal PencilKajal Pencil

3.2

Very easy to apply, but it smudges too much through out the day.

on 1/28/2017 9:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This eyeliner is great, long wearing and gives a dark black colour. I find easier application by heating the tip slightly before applying but for the price it is a good product.

on 12/3/2016 2:15:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I have this in Teddy, a dark coppery brown with a little metallic to it. It's very pretty for day or evening and it didn't smudge or irritate my eyes. Plus it showed up nicely on my skin tone, which can be challenging with brown shades.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this in Teddy 08 because I had read that this is a supposed dupe for Mac's Teddy liner. I cannot speak to that, as I never owned Mac's Teddy (and I pretty much have given up on Mac), but back to my review. This does, as another reviewer stated, this glides on easily and pretty effortlessly. No tugging at all. The shade once on the eyes (my eyes, anyway) is not near as pigmented as expected and has more glittery-ness to it than expected.

This (for me) also smudges within half an hour. Perhaps someone with different skin might have a different experience, but this was mine. I suppose this might be nice for a night out, but it also fades to almost nothing within less than 2 hours. So..unless I plan on going out for only half an hour or an hour..this pretty much is a dud product for me.

Also, this sharpens weird and very unevenly and crumbly. Finally, this made my eyes itch after having it on for about 3 hours, which, yes, there was barely any remnants left by then. But I can definitely say this was the cause, because I tested this on my eyes on a day off, with no other eye makeup on and not even any foundation or anything. I literally wanted to see how this performed. I dislike giving one star/one lippie reviews, but this really was a dud product for me. :(

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I've had this pencil in emerald green for a while, I was a bit worried about how I was going to apply it, so after watching a YouTube video yesterday I decided to try it out today.. The results are amazing! It glides on easily, didn't tug, I was actually able to draw a line and make it wing out! (First time ever for me, lol). The color is stunning and bold which I love, I like making my eyes stand out. I have sensitive eyes, but I don't have problems with this eyeliner at all. And the price tag is major plus side! It beats buying the expensive ones! I tried using a drugstore brand but it made my eyes burn and water so badly I had to stop using it. Overall I recommend this, I don't know why other people don't like this so much, because I love them.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have this kajal pencil in 04 White. It is alright, but I am looking for something better. I don't like the old-fashioned packaging that you have to be very careful with. It breaks easily and it's made of wood so it is annoying when you have to sharpen it.

I always fear that I might scratch my eyeballs with it not only because of the poor material that it's made of, but also because it is not really creamy. The color is not very intense, so you have to rub it in a bit to actually get a good result. I apply it a few times, then before leaving I apply it again as it smudges easily and it fades away. It's good only if you don't have anything else.

I had such high hopes for this. I bought it in Teddy as in the store, it looked to be a lovely shade of metallic brown. I forgot about the purchase for a couple of weeks, and when I was finally ready to try it out, the whole tip just fell off! I sharpened it but the product was just a soft mess and I ended up losing quite a bit of product. When I applied it on my lids, to be fair it did glide on smoothly and the color was lovely, but within minutes I started seeing it smudge. Argh. So disappointed with this. The only silver lining is that I didn't pay much for it.

on 3/3/2015 9:13:00 AM

So I am sharpening my weapons in my make up drawer tonight because I`ve been sitting home with the nastiest cold ever and it`s a crappy cold rainy day, and looking at everything I own I just had to write a review for these eyeliners. The color selection is simply beautiful, the application is easy, even after months of sitting in my drawer, and these are actually pretty long wearing. I`m not a fan of those high end waterproof pencils, so I am glad there are drugstore brands that offer such quality for such a low price. I especially love Taupe me!(22) and Behind the Scenes (15).

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

The essence Kajal pencil is pretty good, considering the price. It kind of left a streaky mark on my eye, but if I pressed firmly, it was OK. It also left a little bit of a mark on the area below my eyebrow, which was annoying. But it had good pigmentation (if you pressed firmly) so I would buy it again. All of that other stuff was probably beginner's luck (if you can call it that) as I only have used it a few times. I'm also fairly new to makeup so I think that played a factor in it as well. Overall, I liked it. It was OK.

The only reason I bought this was because of the economic price. If this was priced the same as all those other $10+ eyeliners, I wouldnt of bought this. SMUDGES. I use this on my waterline and the opacity is great until a couple hours later. its all on my undereye. Wish this product wasnt so NON SMUDGEPROOF