Fahrenheit Heat Wave Ceramic Flat Iron

No Image

1.0

1 review

on 12/27/2010 10:28:00 AM

I picked this up at Marshalls to replace my sadly dying GVP version of the Chi which while generic, still cost $50. I liked the fuchsia color and the feel of it and the nice box so I bought it yesterday and tried it after my shower this morning. This is my least favorite flat iron ever. I hate it, it works like crap on my hair. Aka make my hair a little straighter, but doesnt make my hair more smooth or shiny. I have dry, often colored hair that is naturally really wavy and frizzy. This is not a one pass iron for my hair, not even with the temp at its highest 450 degrees. After a few passes, my hair would be straight, but SUPER frizzy.  I guess it could be worse, I could have bought it here from folica and paid $55 and have more of a hassle returning it. I picked it up from Marshalls for $30 and am going to try to take it back today. I have tried many different flat irons, including some really cheap ones from Walmart and Dollar General and this is the only one Ive ever bothered returning. I mean not only does it not make my hair shiny or soft, or silky, it also pulled at my hair. After a few passes, there were a few strands caught by the plates. Im just really disappointed after reading the reviews here and finding out it such an ineffective flat iron. If you want a sub-$30 iron,I still love my Jilbere de Paris Ceramix Extreme from Sallys. It gets my hair smooth and shiny and straight. The only reason I keep it as a back up is that it sometimes pulls my hair and the heat isnt the most even. Sometimes I get heat spots. The GVP was really good, but died after less than 7 months of 1-2 times a week usage. So Im still on the lookout for that awesome and inexpensive flat iron. The search continues.

ETA: So my hair looks so bad that when I went home for lunch, I ironed it with the Jilbere (I live less than 5 minutes from work so was at home anyway, but I usually don't do more than redo lipstick after lunch and maybe power if the shine is coming through). The more I think of this iron, the more I dislike it. I'm rapidly going from mild dislike to real hatred. Seriously don't buy it. You have been warned.

Popular Hair Styling Tools