Chanel Black Pearl

Chanel Black Pearl
Black Pearl

3.8

Great packaging. Beautiful color. The only thing is that it doesn't last Thad long. Chips easily, especially on comparison to Essie or OPI or Zoya. For the price you pay, it isn't the best to expect. Still a beautiful nail polish, great color. Such a Shane it chips so easily...

on 8/31/2013 6:35:00 PM

Very beautiful colour but the formula... argh. I have many other Chanel nail polishes, they self level, apply evenly but this one is pain to apply. It's also very sheer. I don't know what went wrong with this one. 3 coats needed for a nice finish.

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

When I first saw this a few years back in vogue, I fell in love. The color was captivating and unique. Reminded me of black sand and the beaches in Bali at night. Like a pearl given to you by a secret paramour. I have only worn this twice and purchased it when it was first released. The first time I tried it I was underwhelmed. Fast forward a few years later and I was brought back to the Balinese beach. I cannot stop looking at my nails.

There are many facets of beauty in this polish and dare I say the most gorgeous of all Chanel polishes. I own quite a few and this one is definitely a standout.

I am going to disagree with a previous review that stated that this color wouldn't work on olive skin tones. I am pure olive and this looks perfect on me.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This might be my favorite nail polish. It has a blackish grey color with greenish blue, shimmers in it. It is crazy long lasting, i wore it for a week, i showered 5 times, did he dishes without gloves, washed my hands like 169820237 times, but it stayed put, didn't move anywhere. It's also surprisingly pretty opaque, at first it seems very transparet but you are good to go with 2 coats.
At first i wasn't sure about giving 20 euros for a nail polish, but i have tried it before from my cousin, and I knew i was going to buy it eventually. So I bought it and i don't regret it. It's the prettiest color and the best formula.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

Black Pearl was the first Chanel polish I'd ever purchased. I purchased it right when it was first released back a few years ago. Black Pearl really impressed me. Since then, my Chanel stash has grown from one to six carefully-selected, stunning polishes. Every once in a while Chanel releases a true beauty and Black Pearl is one of them. It's a mesmerizing deep green shade with multi dimensional pearlized shimmer. It probably most appeals to those who like almost-black shades similar to Rouge Noir and Blue Satin. Chanel released it during a spring season but I pretty much wear it Fall - Spring. The application is smooth, the finish is nice and the wear is long. If you're into unique shades and don't mind the high price, I recommend.

It's my first time to buy Chanel nail polish and I think I'm hooked! Black Pearl is a beautiful deep gray color that comes out very shiny without topcoat, dries quickly, and applies very smoothly. I will never buy cheap nail polish again! I love the urban feeling of the general color, but the bluish, greenish tint (like a black pearl) depending on the light, makes it a bit feminine too. If you are not really a pure black nail polish (ex: Chanel's Black Satin) kind of girl, this is a good option! It's beautiful and a bit tough at the same time!

on 4/4/2012 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

It's very nice and unique dark color! It's the color of black pearl (as the name says so) and it's very easy to apply it. I did not have any bubbles (air bubbles or other bubbles), it was perfect with 2 coats only and dries pretty fast too. I think its amazing color, if you are tanned and having a party.
Otherwise, for me, for daily use, it's little too dark and little too pricy. I can not afford one nail polish for $26.

on 1/30/2012 1:40:00 AM

Stunning colour; this always gets complimented on how unique the shade is. Formula works really well, the way Chanel polishes do when they've got it right. However, the price is typically prohibitive, so it's not something I'd buy again.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I love Black Pearl more than it loves me I suspect.

The colour is gorgeous - I've seen other blue/silver/green colours but none quite like this. It's perhaps not quite blue enough to be exactly like a black pear (and if a bit more of that silver shimmer came through, that'd be nice) but as it is, it's a gorgeous grey-blue/green and very pretty to look at.

The application, however is very fiddly (for Chanel). the first coat is very streaky and there's plenty of gaps which a second coat flattens out. Unfortunately it took me 3 coats to get it completely opaque - maybe it's asking too much for it to be a 2-coater. It may a shimmer polish thing because I found my Quartz was simmilar (though I didn't have any problems with Peridot).

Also, despite the Chanel topcoat (I use the Extreme Shine one and have never had any problems with it), I found that it chipped after a day and that after 2 there were yet bigger chunks missing. Very disappointing.

Still, I adore the colour enough to say I'd buy it again, but perhaps only if they fix the formula.

Update:
This formula is REALLY bad! Irrespective of how carefully I apply it, I always get bubbles. It takes absolutely forever to dry - even 24 hours after I applied it, a bit of pressure and I'd get crinkling at the tips. And chipping within a day! I expected much better of Chanel, particularly given how expensive this is.

on 10/10/2011 12:05:00 PM