Jane Iredale eye gloss

2.9

Not tested on animals

on 6/8/2014 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I have this in mauve and I love it. It's very easy to apply and the colour is perfect with green eyes. It's quite a subtle and deep mauve and it stays put.

on 1/27/2014 12:43:00 PM

Received the eye gloss shadows when I purchased a lot of Jane Iredale products. I love the pressed and loose powder, and like the powder eyeshadow and blushes; however, this item is a dud!

So sheer it looks non-exisitent and I've tried most of the shades made. I'm a lighter NC15 so usually I have the opposite problem of shadows being too intense.

I've tried this multiple ways, with/without an eye primer, fingers, brush and all I see is a very slight sparkle, not even enough to qualify as a base color. Wanted to like this product for a quick convenient look but I'll stick with my JI powder eyeshadows!

Not sure how this item received Allure's 2012 award??

This eye gloss is is my favourite 'go to' eye make up and I've had no problems with it. I was interested in it because I was looking for an eye makeup which has lasting power. I initially purchased the mauve and love the subtle shading it provides. It's also stays on long after a powder has worn off. I apply a few small dabs on my eye lid and smooth it over my lid and crease. If I want it a little darker I just reapply but it is still a subtle. It must be smoothed on with either a blending brush or finger tip. I find the eye gloss extremely easy to use. So much so, I just purchased the champagne and lilac from a local retailer. Can't wait to try to out.

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I know this is a strange eyeshadow but I must say it is the only eyeshadow I have found that never irritates my ultra sensitive eyes.
If you can't use any other shadow because of sensitivity, this might work for you.

on 2/24/2013 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Bought the Peach Silk color - very gloppy, and quite difficult to apply an even coat of it on the eyelid area. A disappointment! Don't waste your time or money on this product.

I recently bought the wine silk eye gloss, and I'm still playing around with it, but from what i can tell, it is a beautiful colour that glides onto your eye. You do have to layer it a couple of time if you really want a rich base, but I find I actually like it more when the colour is more subtle. Right now, I'm using it as a premier for my 24 karat rose shimmer and it looks really pretty! This look can either be a nighttime or daytime look. But back to the eye gloss, you can also use it as an eye lines which is kind of cool. I find wine silk brings out my light brown eyes. To conclude, I think this product is very versatile, but I probably wouldn't buy it again because it is too much work.

on 12/26/2010 5:59:00 PM

This is one of the worst products I have ever used. I bought it to try to replace Prescriptives Moonbeam reflective eye color which has been discontinued and I have run out of. It was a cream to powder. Beautiful product. This however is another story. I bought Jane Iredale's eyegloss in Green Silk which is a beautiful kind of seafoam green. It was dry from the second I took it out of the tube and the company sent me another one. This one was just as dry.I put it on anyway to see just how it would look on me anyway. A few hours later red itching irritated eyes. These are supposed to be all natural and hypoallergenic products.The same thing happened to me withe their browgel. It smells funny to boot. This is the last Jane Iredale product I will ever buy.Do not recommend it at all.