Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Pur Couture #10 Beige Tribute

Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Pur Couture #10 Beige Tribute

4.8

on 10/18/2017 10:25:00 PM

Best lipstick formula ever! The creamy hydrating and lasting finish that I never get with any other lipsticks. The colour is gorgeous rosy nude, not too pink and not too beige, very pigmented, the smell is nothing irritating, package is absolutely gorgeous. Goes beautifully together with Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat in ‘Pillow Talk’. My all time favourite lipstick.

on 5/25/2016 6:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This only looks good when I'm tan (NC25-30). At my normal skin tone it blends in with my shin too much and looks like concealer lips (NC20). BUT the formula is fantastic. It's comfortable but very long lasting for a regular bullet lipstick. Less slippery than the Rouge Volupte formula and also less drying than the RV formula.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

****Update: I've noticed it start to look too dark for my skintone. Rose Bermagesque, however, still looks good on me.

Favorite color, aside from Rose Bermagesque, that I love from this line of lipsticks. This color is a no-brainer for days when I just want to wear a lip color that will look good on me with whatever makeup look/outfit I choose.

Also, unlike YSL's Rouge Volupte lipsticks, I love the formula of the Rouge Pur Couture lippies much more, as they're not as slippery, don't bleed as much, and don't have a scent.

Only qualm is that you need to have smooth, un-chapped lips for this because otherwise it will settle into those dry areas -- oh, yeah, and it's quite expensive.

Would I recommend? Yes.

on 12/23/2010 7:58:00 AM

I absolutely love, love, love this colour. The name 'Beige Tribute' led me to believe that this was going to be a bland, brown colour, however, after trying it at the counter I fell head over heels.

The colour is a lovely nude with a pink undertone that makes this a great daytime nude - one that you can wear without people asking you if you're ill!!

One gripe is the packaging - the gold tube appeals to my inner magpie, but I can't handle the finger prints and the fact that this scratches so easily! I suppose I ought to be more careful with these things, but I think product designers should take into account that lipstick gets swiped on and chucked into a handbag to mingle with coins and keys.