Boots Natural Collection - WaterGuard Mascara

4.6

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is awesome for how crazy cheap it is. I had my friend pick me up some while she was travelling and it turns out it is a perfect daytime mascara. It's not super dramatic or intense but gives a perfect natural finish that I really like for everyday use.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I've been using this mascara on and off for about 8 years... I try other more expensive mascaras but I always come back to this one. Perfect for subtle, no flake and no clump daytime lashes. I really like the brush- simple and does the job. Good value and good quality.

I also used the Lash Length mascara they make as well, but this looks way better on- maybe it's the different brush?

To Read all 18 Reviews, Login or Join

I think this is a really good natural mascara it makes your lashes look great but it doesn't look like your wearing mascara if think its a really good lengthening mascara also I think it's great for the price

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Out of all the mascaras I've tried, regardless of price, this is my favourite by far.

Firstly one of the biggest selling points to me is that Iíve never had it smudge, Iíve even accidentally gone to bed with it on several times and still been free of panda eyes in the morning, with almost none even on my pillow. The best ever immediate finish Iíve had from a mascara was a MAC one (canít remember the specific product) but it ended up getting thrown away because I kept ending up with smudges under my eyes within an hour or two. I even wear a touch of this mascara fencing occasionally and it still doesnít smudge or get on anything despite me sweating and repeatedly pulling a mask on and off my head.

Secondly, as long as you replace it every few months it (along with the Natural Collection LashDefinition mascara Ė which I see as the non-waterproof equivalent) is the least clumpy mascara Iíve ever tried. I really hate the clumpy lashed look and personally feel that going mascara-free looks better than having spidery flakey lashes.

Perhaps the only trade-off with this is that the results are fairly subtle. For me this is a good thing, I want to enhance my lashes without LOOKING like Iím wearing mascara, even up close. Since I already have quite thick and long lashes, it just makes it look like I have naturally amazing lashes, especially if I apply a couple of coats and then gently remove any excess with my fingers. However, itís probably not the product for you if youíre looking for massive enhancement or a Ďfalse lash effectí, itís in no way going to make your lashes look 5x thicker or whatever the latest gimmick is.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this mascara because of the great reviews here on MakeupAlley. The mascara is amazing for the price, only 1.99 gbp. It doesn't smudge at all during the day. What I also really love about it is that when I take it off in the evening it leaves all my lashes where they should be, where with all my other mascara's I've ever had it wasn't possible to remove them without also removing some lashes. I'm taking one lippy of because I have to put on several layers of this mascara to get a reasonal effect, which is partly due to my few lashes and to the brush as well I think. But this takes some time, so therefore 4 lippy's.

Edit 1 week after:
I have to conclude I won't buy this mascara again. It stays a bit sticky during the day, even after several hours after applying. And for me the most important thing: it takes approximately 3 times more time to apply this one than my good old Clinique and even then, it does not give the result I get from my old Clinique. Therefore, as a busy woman, always in a rush, I will not buy this mascara again and stay with my Clinique, because however it may be almost 9 times as expensive.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I really couldn't be happier with the price of this product.

The most impressive part of this product is that it doesn't smudge the slightest bit!!

Even when I wore and it rained and my eyes got a little wet, it didn't run. Def recommend

I'm really impressed with this mascara. I thought it would be crap as its only £1.99. Oh how wrong I was! I use it everyday either on its on for when I'm working or together with maybellines great lash for going out. It does smudge ever such a teensy bit under my eye when I'm working, but I work 12 hour days in a hot humid environment. It's nothing a quick wipe with your finger won't sort out. Very impressed and its pretty good at standing up to a good old cry. Will be rebuying this.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This mascara is very good. Whilst it doesn't do a particularly good job at being waterproof, the brush is amazing, making my lashes look lovely with just one application and this will not flake at all! And only for £1.99?!? Amazing. Better than most of my other drugstore mascaras, I am very very impressed, Natural Collection has won a fan!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've tried the whole gamut of mascaras, from Dior, to BeneFit's Bad Gal, to Maybelline's famed (and now suddenly and alarmingly quite inferior) Great Lash to the decent Boots No7 numbers. On a whim, I decided to follow the advice of the multitudes and give this one a whirl. What can I say? It is an extraordinarily effective and flattering daytime product. Does it have whispery, lash-enhancing fibres? No. Does it give the effect of fake, fanned-out dolly lashes? No. Does it have a big, fat brush? No. Is it glossy? No. Is the packaging glamourous? No. But it's just what I'd always searched for in a daytime mascara: a slightly runny, neutral brown-black product that coated lashes and gave good definition, that would last the whole day, and neither flake nor irritate. Does the job and for an amazing price. I am indeed amazed.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I wanted to find a mascara that wouldn't smudge so much and looked quite natural. I also wanted to find one in black/brown as black is too dark for my liking with my fair skin.

I looked through the reviews here first before finding the good ratings for this one and as it's only £1.99 I thought I really have nothing to lose in buying it!

So I am happy to report that it is really good! (not being a mascara conoisseur though). It separates and defines lashes well (I hate the clumpy look) and is easy to apply. Once on it doesn't smudge and lasts well. I like the fact that it looks natural.

If you are looking for any kind of volumising etc this is not for you. If you want natural-looking lashes without panda eyes though - this is it! At this price you have nothing to lose either!