MAC False Lashes

MAC False Lashes

3.5

on 5/5/2016 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I got a sample of this mascara and fell in love with the wand! The bristles are dense and give my lashes a soft, fluttery look (not false lashes look tho). The formula didn't wow me at all -- it wasn't very dark. I'm not sure if it is because I had a sample or if this is the true formula. I'm willing to give the full size a shot, if I ever feel like it, just to see if the full size formula differs than the sample. But the brush -- I love. Works wonders for bottom lashes, too.

This is an okay mascara, I got pressure to buy this when I already love haute and naughty idk what I was thinking. What intrigued me was the brush which I love it's has short bristles that closely packed and tapers down. I love using this for my bottom lashes unfortunately that's all I like from it. Like others, it takes alot of coats to be noticeable. No volume, and doesn't add outrageous length and I have long eyelashes to begin with. No impressed with the actual mascara in the tube but will buy my haute and naughty for my top row and use this for the bottom row. First Mac product that disappointed me. Maybelline flasies works better for cheaper than this....ugh. Should be could Normal Lashes instead of Flash Lashes.

To Read all 141 Reviews, Login or Join

on 3/5/2016 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

The one that I got was white. I applied it under the Extreme 3 D and did not notice any difference. I am not certain how this helps in any shape or form. The MAC Extreme 3 D is thickening as is. I do not recommend this as I do not see any use for it.

Got a sample of this mascara, and I liked it from the get go, mostly because it's the only non-waterproof mascara I've tried so far that holds the curl in my normally-sparse-fine-stick-straight-and-points-downward-unless-I-use-a-curler lashes. This mascara defines, separates, and lengthens my lashes so they look fluttery. However, I wish my lashes looked more voluminous/substantial (especially because I have a fatty monolid that hides half my lashes), but a heavier formula might actually weigh my lashes down. The brush is a straight, bristley brush that's tapered at one end, and isn't too unwieldy. I'm on the fence as to whether I'd purchase a full-size version of this. First of all it's $22, and I like to change my mascaras every 3 months. Second, it's just not volumizing enough. I'm thinking there's a mascara out there (hopefully drugstore) that's not-waterproof, will hold a curl, and thickens/volumizes. The search continues........

on 1/9/2016 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I agree completely with the previous review from Laski(?) - I was quite disappointed in this mascara. I have fairly long lashes but they're light - it took several coats to even make it look like I was wearing mascara, it added no volume or curl at all. The other problem I found was that it rubbed off easily during the day. I'm going to return mine and go back to the drug store one that is half the price and does a much better job. I LOVE Mac lipsticks and some of their other products but unfortunately, this mascara was not one of them.

on 1/8/2016 9:05:00 AM

I was severely disappointed in this mascara, because for me, this has a very very natural effect, at most, a very subtle bit of length and colour, but no volume whatsoever, and it takes a long time and many applications to reach a satisfying effect - still natural but visible. It does transfer to my lower lids a bit during the day.

This is the best mascara I have ever tried, I'm not one for usually spending much on a mascara but I'm glad I did with this one!
I tried the sample first and i struggled with how small the sample was and applying to my eye lashes but it really made my lashes look thick and extra black.
The best £19 I have ever spent.

(For reference I have naturally long and curled eyelashes, I tend to go for volumising mascaras and this does the trick)

on 11/12/2015 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

As always with Mac , the formula is extremely confortable. Holds well the curl. The wand is easy to apply, no need to do 5 coats to get an effect. Love it! will repurchase.

on 10/18/2015 9:10:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love this mascara, it was my first expensive mascara and now an old favourite. I have tried many different mascaras and this is definitely one of my absolute favourites. I love the buildable length this mascara gives, and how it doesn't smudge at all during the day. This mascara doesn't clump and looks very voluminous. It's perfect for school with a lighter application or a night out with a heavier application.

on 9/11/2015 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is one of several ordinary mascaras I've tried from MAC over the years. MAC was my favorite brand when I first got into makeup. I've bought and loved many products from this company, but frankly, I can find better mascaras from the drugstore brands for under ten dollars, so there's no reason to spend $22 on this.

PROS:

1. Doesn't smear.
2. Not clumpy.
3. Builds decent length, though not enough to look like false eyelashes.
4. Back-to-MAC recycling program.

CONS:

1. Flakes like crazy, as some of the other reviewers have observed. I get black flakes under my eyes and on my cheekbones when I wear this.
2. Overpriced at $22.
3. Doesn't build volume worthy of the name "False Lashes."
4. Parent company Estee Lauder tests on animals.

Won't buy this mascara again.