4.6

package quality

price range

Reviews

9 months ago

(IN RESPONSE to last reviewer, re: 'As I have become older, everything is drying out.' Just wondering if you have tried collagen peptides? This was true for me as well - dry skin - but I started taking collagen peptides and my skin is much more hydrated on its own, before skin care products, after only a couple of weeks. Also hair more moist & strong... Just a thought.) I like all the Whole Foods lip balms. They are very moisturizing and go on light. If my lips are dry I just apply more frequently and they get softer. By contrast, I tried the more expensive cicaplast levres by La Roche Posay because it gets good reviews, and my lips started drying out. Love this stuff! *smooch*

About reviewer (22 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

EyesBlue

a year ago

As I have become older, everything is drying out, including my lips. I grew up when the only thing available was Chap Stick and that didn't do a damn thing. I have used various balms over the years(Dr. Bronner was the last and it became soft and smeary) I purchased a Vanilla Honey a couple of years ago and remembered how much I liked it, so I tried again. I now have one on my desk, in my car and on my bedside. Keeps my lips hydrated without an overwhelming fragrance, doesn't get gooey, etc. I have spent $$$(looking at you Weleda) and by far Whole Foods is my favorite. And at $1.99, if i lose one, no tears.

About reviewer (61 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairSilver, Wavy, Other

a year ago

It's so great! It does have a strong smell, but it goes away. It moisturizes my severely cracked lips and is so great! It contains all natural ingredients. Best one and small enough to fit in my purse!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

1.0

4 years ago

I wanted to like this after the great reviews and for $1.99 I figured I'd give it a try. Unfortunately the scent aggravated my sinuses and smelled a little too powdery for my liking. On a positive note, it applied very nicely and felt very moisturizing on my lips. Sadly, not a keeper for me.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair

EyesBlue

5 years ago

My review is for the Peppermint flavor. BEST LIP BALM EVER. I have SUPER SENSITIVE lips and I have tried many lip balms from drug store to high end. If I put on a lip balm for fun, 10 minutes later I will find my lips peeling. My lips were crazy dry one day so I decided to stop at whole foods for one of these babies since I have heard so many great things about it. I was not disappointed. My lips were restored within a days use. I love this so much! After years of searching for a lip product that will cooperate with my lips I have finally found this gem. And it was only $1.99!! I will be back for the other flavors. Highly recommend for anyone with sensitive lips. The ingredient list is short and sweet. I compared it to the peppermint Burt's Bees and was surprised at how many chemicals the yellow counterpart contained.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

6 years ago

I am loving this WholeFoods Vanilla Lip Balm. It's hydrating, protective, soothing, and inexpensive. I paid $1.99 and now that I know how low the price point is, I'll buy a few more so that I can try the other flavors.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinOily, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Curly, Fine

EyesHazel

6 years ago

While I don't care much for the scent, it leaves my lips feeling smooth and hydrated. It even plumps them up a bit. It works as a good base for some of my sticky glosses and matte lipsticks and I find that I don't have to keep reapplying as my lips don't go back to being chapped when I use it. It is quite soothing and can be layered on easily. I keep this in my purse and never had problems with it melting. What a great find!

About reviewer (2203 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

6 years ago

I really, REALLY love this stuff. It's just very smooth and comforting and has a great texture and very light honeyish smell. It's also lasting and moisturizing. For me, the fact that it doesn't have peppermint, rosemary, or any other mint-family in it is a big plus-- I find those oils irritate my lips. For some people, they don't seem to bother them but they do me. If I want pepperminty breath I can brush my teeth or pop a mint. There are so many options out there with mint added, it's great to have one that doesn't. Plus, it's organic! And inexpensive!

About reviewer (179 reviews)

Age

SkinCombination, Olive, Not Sure

HairBrown, Wavy, Coarse

7 years ago

Whole Foods lip balms are the best!! Definitely my HG!! Love love love!! I like that they're all natural and that they don't contain any funky chemicals. They taste great and the twist-up tube is easy to carry around. The price was $1.99 at Whole Foods in Canada. I couldn't believe that something so natural and so great could be available at such an amazing price point. I've tried many many many lip balms (probably hundreds) over the years and these ones are definitely the best. I will continue to buy Whole Foods lip balms for years to come!!

About reviewer (14 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrunette

8 years ago

I LOVE this stuff! It smells amazing, like stong honey with a hint of vanilla and it really works its magic on dry lips. The all natural ingredients, inclluding coconut oil, moisturize without leaving a waxy feeling. It doesn't taste very good, but who cares! Definetly worth the buy in you're in a whole foods

About reviewer (12 reviews)

Age19-24