LUSH coal face soap

LUSH coal face soap
coal face soapcoal face soap

3.8

Liquorice Root Decoction (Glycyrrhiza glabra) , Water (Aqua) , Rapeseed Oil (Brassica napus) , Glycerine , Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera) , Sorbitol , Fragrance , Sodium Stearate , Sodium Hydroxide , Sodium Lauryl Sulfate , Sandalwood Oil (Santalum austro-caledonicum vieill and Fusanus spicatus) , Rosewood Oil (Aniba rosaeordora) , Powdered Charcoal , Sodium Chloride , EDTA , Tetrasodium Etidronate , Farnesol , Geraniol , Linalool , Silver Lustre (Potassium silicate, Titanium dioxide, Iron oxides and Iron hydroxides) .

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Do not recommend! As i am a new to lush I asked the sales lady what facial cleanser would she recomend for oily and acne prone skin and she introduced me this. I heard charcoal n immediately assume it will be all good as charcoal products are widely used in east asia for their ability to absorb junk and kill bacterial. I now wished i had asked for a sample before i bought a full sized bar. One week of using this, my skin is breaking out even more. Before coalface, i was using mask of magnaminty and my chin acne was getting better and redness was less but now my cheeks has gotten painful cluster of pimples, even my forehead which rarely get pimples are gettimg them too. So i decided to read the ingredients and am shock to see coconut oil and sodium laurath sulfate which are 2 no no for oily acne skin! I should have tried dark angels, herbalism or angels on bare skin instead. This taught me a lesson to always read ingredients throughly before buying anything for my face 😢I trusted lush to know more!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I had been looking for a good facial cleanser that kept my age in mind. (I'm not the noxema girl anymore if you know what I mean.) I was already an avid fan of LUSH, and the coal face only reinforced that. since using the product my skin tone is more even, brighter, and I no longer have any breakouts. It is a coal soap so it doesn't lather In the traditional sense, so I recommend a facial cleansing brush if you don't already have one. LUSH is also an amazing company because thee are a more natural and environmentally kind brand. This means no harsh sulfates in the soaps! YAAY!! LUSH has done it again, Coal Face is a great facial cleanser, and may even help those of you who may have troubled skin on the body (i.e back) as the soap is sold by the lb. and can be used for the body as well.

To Read all 406 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/18/2016 12:18:00 PM

I have very sensitive and oily skin,this cleanser made me breakout more and it was too harsh for my skin. I couldn't continue using it.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

At first I was skeptical about trying the soap because I've been a loyal Clarins customer for my skin care since I turned thirty, but because I have fallen in love with most everything else LUSH sells, I decided to give it a try, and like everything else they sale, I'm hooked. My skin has never been so clear or bright with just one skin care step. The bar is odorless, so its good for people who are sensitive to scents. The soap doesn't really lather, so I find it helps when I apply it directly to my face, then cleansing with a facial cleansing brush. I will be buying this soap until they no longer make it. (hope that never happens!! Thinking about taking a stroll down to LUSH now for an impromptu shopping trip...one of the perks of living next to union square!

on 5/3/2016 2:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

As much as I enjoy the LUSH bath bombs and bubble bars, their facial products are a no for me. I bought this because I thought based on their advertising for acne prone and oily skin that I should give this a shot. I used a bar of this (and bought one for backup), and my acne was not clearing up or anything, still active, maybe even worse. Now after lots of research and finding out acne triggers, I cant believe I ever used this in the past. The ingredients in it are not good for acne or oily skin (coconut oil is one of the first ingredients) from what I have read. I still had the remaining bar un-opened, so I returned it to LUSH and the lady asked why I don't want it anymore. I told her its because of all the harmful ingredients and fragrances that are bad for clog prones, her response was that these ingredients work together and make it effective for acne..... I don't think that is true, but I am no expert, but nor are they. They returned it no problem thankfully.

Cleared up some body acne that had been troubling me for ages. I am so happy that I tried this!

on 4/3/2016 10:55:00 PM

Perfect for my combination oily skin. I never used a better product.

I specifically searched for a charcoal based cleanser and found Coal Face. I've been using it for three months and have not had a breakout since the switch from my previous cleanser.

It's affordable. One bar has lasted me the entire three months making it reasonably priced.

The bar is gritty. I always lather it in my hands first, then apply the lather to my face. Doing that leaves a small amount of grit, just enough to be exfoliating without being damaging.

The scent pleasing or displeasing and does not linger.

Its purpose is not to remove make up. It will wash it off but it is easier if a remover is used first.

Lastly, don't skip your moisturizer. Removing too much oil from your skin will also cause acne.

If you have oily or combination skin, give this an honest try. I bet you'll like it.

If you have acne due to over drying by using products not suited to your skin type, skip it.

on 2/3/2016 2:04:00 PM

I bought this because I wear a hairpiece and this removes oils from the skin very well. It helps the adhesive to stick to my skin and when I remove my hairpiece, it doesn't have grease/oil on it.

on 12/31/2015 2:24:00 PM

Do not buy this. It has too much fragrance (and yet still smells disgusting?) to be anything but irritating for your skin. Bar cleansers have the capacity to break you out because of the ingredients that keep them in bar form, and it has coconut oil which is highly comedogenic. All around a very disappointing product from Lush as I find many of their face products to be.
I tried it once because I'll give anything at least one go and it left my skin so dry and irritated I had to pull out my heaviest moisturizer (cetaphil moisturizing cream) to fix the problem and that stuff is usually too heavy for my face. It didn't remove my makeup and I was too scared of it to use it around my eyes. I wanted to like it because it was a gift from my sister but I can't do it, it's just that bad.

on 12/29/2015 11:58:00 AM

Got the soap for Christmas and I'd wanted it for ages. The small and look attracted me. Although the price is high, since having it I have found it worth it. My skin is very oily and I have acne. My skins is sensation and drys amazing fast ( sadly) but this soap seems to pamper me! In small amount ( you don't need alot - bonus!) My acne has cleared Straight away. Just wet the bar and rub between your hands and rub on your face. Although it is not moisturising it does not dry.I already had my makeup took of, a thought if using to get make up repeat cleaning to allow it to get into your skin. It clears my oily skin and leaves it that way for hours ! I would recommend!!