Sephora Collection Instant Moisturizer

Filtered by hair type : Wavy

3.2

Aqua (Water), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, C12-20 Acid PEG-8 Ester, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Dimethicone, Carbomer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Parfum (Fragrance), Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cassia Angustifolia Seed Polysaccharide, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Mica, PEG-8, Maltodextrin, Tocopherol, Silica, D-Limonene, Linalool, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Benzyl Salicylate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Ascorbic Acid, Citric Acid.

bought the smaller size, mainly lured by the price. i don't have sensitivity issues, just wanted something affordable and not too perfumed like drug store brands tend to be.

even during this weirdly warm, humid us east coast winter, and even with my skin not being dry, i found myself needing a lot of it to feel adequately moisturized. like, what is it made of that so much goes so little distance? it does work if you use enough, but i have blazed through the squeeze tube in ~a month. so much for affordable.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love it it makes my skin so smooth

THE BEST OF THE BEST! It goes on smoothly and makes my skin feel great. It has a nice scent and moisturizes excellently. I will always repurchase this!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Best moisturizer, light and has a nice fresh scent. Good for mornings before makeup or night before bed!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I was looking for a new nighttime moisturizer and the product advertised that it was suitable for sensitive skin. However, I had a really bad reaction to this product. The fragrance was much stronger than I would have liked and it made my skin red and itchy. I got this moisturizer in a tube which I think is more hygienic than the jar, but more expensive in the long run.

Probably a better product for someone who has normal skin with no sensitivities. It did moisturize the area okay though, my skin was soft to the touch, but itchy as hell. Thankfully I was able to return this at Sephora.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I just bought my second jar with the 20% off VIB sale. I really like it as a day time moisturizer. It feels quite light but I still get my skin very moisturized. It doesn't feel oily, smells pretty good, is not irritating and I didn't break out either, so I'll keep using it. I would not recommend it to people with very dry skin tho.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Edit: I think this is breaking me out. Sigh. I thought it was The new Peter Thomas Roth sunscreen I was trying, but im also breaking out under my eyes, and I dont put the sunscreen there. Will stop using it see if I clear up.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I also got this as a sample and have just started using it. I've actually been looking for a day time moisturizer without SPF because even though I am a sun protection fanatic, very often I am using a primer and/or foundation/BB cream with SPF already in it and so I don't need it in my moisturizer also. I've only used the sample for 2 or 3 days (I'd forgot all about it and only found it while digging in my desk drawer looking for something else!) so it's a bit early to say but so far, I am really liking this face cream. I didn't think it would have enough moisture for my skin at this time of year but, so far, so good. The price is reasonable compared to many of the other products I use so that's a bit of a bonus and my understanding is that this comes in a jar so you can get at every last bit of product. I know some people are terrified of bacterial contamination in open jars but most skin care items contain more than enough preservatives and so a bit of care (clean hands, a clean applicator spatula) and there should be no problem.

If this continues to perform for me, it may well become my new "non-SPF day moisturizer.

UPDATE: I went back a few days after writing this review to get the full size of this moisturizer. The "love affair" is continuing - it's a good, basic, pleasant face cream for under makeup or on its own, with a sunscreen on top. Great and reasonably priced.

It's average. Better than your normal drugstore brand moisturizers but not the best. I have very dry skin in the winter and this didn't seem to do much. I found myself reapplying it halfway throughout the day because my skin felt dry. However, in the summer it felt great on my skin when I used it as a night cream (I usually have slightly oily skin in the summer). It's not bad but as I stated before..it's pretty average.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I received a generous sample of this moisturizer in my VIB clutch from Sephora. It claims to be an oil free, intensive moisturizer. I should say that almost ALL moisturizers clog me or break me out. I was quite hesitant to try this but I looked at the ingredients and it seemed OK. I tried this moisturizer for 3 nights in the evening. I have to say, I like the texture a lot. It's a creamy consistency and it simply glides on your skin. Personally, I love the scent. It smells very floral yet clean. But those who are sensitive towards fragrance should steer clear. It can be over powering for some noses. I felt that while this moisturizer did moisturize, it also dried out my skin. It moisturizers when you first put it on but after a while, I think it dried out my skin, specially on my cheeks and forehead. Weird. This is the reason I gave it a 3 star rating. But I do like the scent, and it didn't cause breakouts. I think this would be great for oily/very oily skinned guys and gals. But for combo and dry, I would opt for something creamier. All in all, I would say give this a try. It comes in buy a tube for $12 or a jar for $20. Good price. I would ask for a sample.