Sephora Collection Instant Moisturizer

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium

3.4

Aqua (Water), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, C12-20 Acid PEG-8 Ester, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Dimethicone, Carbomer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Parfum (Fragrance), Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cassia Angustifolia Seed Polysaccharide, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Mica, PEG-8, Maltodextrin, Tocopherol, Silica, D-Limonene, Linalool, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Benzyl Salicylate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Ascorbic Acid, Citric Acid.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have dry and sensitive skin. This is the first moisturizer I've tried that actually feels like it's doing something! It sinks it quickly, is not at all greasy and doesn't make me breakout.

bought the smaller size, mainly lured by the price. i don't have sensitivity issues, just wanted something affordable and not too perfumed like drug store brands tend to be.

even during this weirdly warm, humid us east coast winter, and even with my skin not being dry, i found myself needing a lot of it to feel adequately moisturized. like, what is it made of that so much goes so little distance? it does work if you use enough, but i have blazed through the squeeze tube in ~a month. so much for affordable.

I received a 5 ml sample of this product during Black Friday. I'm not sure how long it lasts, since I didn't use it frequently and still have product left on the packaging.

It's a white thick cream that spreads easily and moisturizes ok (I don't think it would be enough for dry skins, though). I like that it doesn't contain parabens, which is a plus we don't see very often. I'm acne prone and it doesn't seem to be causing me any.

BUT! there are things about this that bother me tremendously:
1) It contains glitter. And it's visible.
2) Sephora claims this moisturizer is 100% gentle, but it contains parfum (11º ingredient out of 28), d-limonene (22º ingrediente) and linalool (23º ingredient), amongst other skin irritants. If that's being 100% gentle, I think we need to review our standards...
3) There are very few ingredients with actual antioxidant, anti ageing (I believe there's none) or calming properties. Most of its composition consist of emolients and skin conditioning agents. That could be exactly what you're looking for, BUT the price is just ridiculous! In USA, it costs 22 dollars. In my country, Brazil, this costs $100. This is just disgusting! How can such a mediocre product be SO expensive?! If you want just a basic moisturizer, that's fine. Go to your local drugstore and get some Neutrogena stuff from their cheaper line, which will do the same thing for far less money. I guarantee.
4) Comes in jar packaging. Needless to say more.

In conclusion, nothing justifies the price of this thing. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone who truly values their money and their skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Is it me or there's little sparkles in this moisturizer?

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This moisturizer is an absolute dream! I've never known of a makeup store brand product to work as well as this does. I first received this as a Sephora points sample and I can't wait to buy the actual tub of it. I used the sample fairly quickly! This has a very faint smell to it which is actually quite pleasant. Nothing too overpowering at all. It goes on very smooth and you'll instantly be able to note the difference in the texture of your skin. It also feels very soothing as you apply it. I use this as an overnight moisturizer and it has made worlds of difference in both the appearance and feel of my skin. Love it and definitely recommend it!

THE BEST OF THE BEST! It goes on smoothly and makes my skin feel great. It has a nice scent and moisturizes excellently. I will always repurchase this!

I can't use many moisturizers as they seem to clog my pores and cause break-outs. This moisturizer does the trick. Moisturizes without causing any issues. Doesn't leave my skin feeling greasy at all. I can even use it during the summer without worrying that it will cause an oil slick. Love, love, love it!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I just bought my second jar with the 20% off VIB sale. I really like it as a day time moisturizer. It feels quite light but I still get my skin very moisturized. It doesn't feel oily, smells pretty good, is not irritating and I didn't break out either, so I'll keep using it. I would not recommend it to people with very dry skin tho.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This product isn't enough for someone with dry skin. It is good to use as a face moisturizer before your foundation, however. It's a very lightweight cream and not very long-lasting. I do like the smell, texture and overall feel of it. I keep a jar handy around just in case I need a quick moisturize! It is 20 bucks at your local Sephora.

I got this product as a Sephora sample and only used it for 1-2 days. I have to say off the bat the smell is quite potent, like a jar of roses exploded in one package. I'm not used to smells and scents and have gotten pretty used to unscented moisturizer so it may just be me but if you're not one who likes strong floral scents in your moisturizer, I would not recommend this product. Otherwise, it works pretty well, I have dry-combination skin and this works fine on me. Hope this helps!