Sephora Collection Instant Moisturizer

Filtered by skin tone : Fair

3.7

Aqua (Water), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, C12-20 Acid PEG-8 Ester, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Dimethicone, Carbomer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Parfum (Fragrance), Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cassia Angustifolia Seed Polysaccharide, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Mica, PEG-8, Maltodextrin, Tocopherol, Silica, D-Limonene, Linalool, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Benzyl Salicylate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Ascorbic Acid, Citric Acid.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I was looking for a new nighttime moisturizer and the product advertised that it was suitable for sensitive skin. However, I had a really bad reaction to this product. The fragrance was much stronger than I would have liked and it made my skin red and itchy. I got this moisturizer in a tube which I think is more hygienic than the jar, but more expensive in the long run.

Probably a better product for someone who has normal skin with no sensitivities. It did moisturize the area okay though, my skin was soft to the touch, but itchy as hell. Thankfully I was able to return this at Sephora.

Since I ran out of my regular night cream I decided to give this sample moisturizer a shot. It goes on smooth and feels very moisturizing but when you wake up, skin was incredibly try and it felt like I didn't moisturize at all.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I was in Sephora and talking to the sales assistant. I mentioned my oily/acne prone skin had been dry lately from using some prescription acne meds. She pointed me to this. I have to say, I really liked the modern look of the heavyweight jar that it came in (it also comes in a squeeze out tube). I quickly glanced at the ingredients and noticed that it contained fragrance. I really hate fragrance in my skin care products.. but I didn't notice much of a smell in the jar, so I thought it would be a safe bet.

I picked up the jar and went home. That night when I applied it I was a bit overwhelmed with the fragrance. It has a very bright, clean floral plastic smell if that makes any sense. It did start to dissapate after a while, but I just wasn't crazy about it.

It also has these little sparkly things in it - I believe from the mica. It leaves these little tiny sparkles in your skin. It is not very noticable. Not a fan of gimmicky stuff like this, personally.

As far as what I liked: It looked like it would be heavy cream but it is not. I found the texture very nice.. a very lightweight cream/gel. When I applied it my dehydrated skin sucked it right up. It also felt a tiny bit cooling. There was no "tacky" feeling left behind, my skin just felt a little smoother. I don't think this would work for someone with dry skin.

If this didn't have fragrance or those micro sparkly things I would have given this a higher rating. I didn't use it long enough to know whether it would cause breakouts.

i got this as a sample. it works fine. nothing to rave about. my problem with this product is the smell! it reminds me of an old lady and its soo strong. mind you, i am not one to typically complain about a product's scent, but this lingered and i could smell it on my face hours later even with foundation and powder on top of it.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Gave me allergies

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I bought the Instant Moisturizer along with the Flawless Lotion SPF 15 and used them together. I am not acne prone or have any skin sensitivities but they gave me some clogged pores and a few zits (and this is non-comedogenic?). Transitioning into fall, I have some dry patches that my former lotions couldn't help with but the Sephora ones did alleviate it some. However, it wasn't enough and combined with the breakouts, this went back. I do think this might work better on someone with more normal than dry skin. Also, it does has a heavy fragrance and a bit of shimmer but not an outrageous amount.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Definitely not well suited to those who are sensitive to fragrance. The scent doesn't seem to irritate my skin, but is aggravating to my head/sinuses, and for me it lingers quite a while. Feels like it quenches my skin fairly well but leaves my skin sort of tacky. No noteworthy results.

Mediocre as a moisturizer and too fragranced for use on the face. Would give this 2.5 if I could.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I received a large sample of this cream and I was suprised that I actually quite liked it. It was quite moisturising, more so than I would have expected. The texture is nice - a light, easily absorbed cream. It does have a bit of a scent to it, but this does not bother me. It applies well over serums and oils, and wears well under liquid foundations. This is a good basic hydrator. I likely would notpurchase it, just because I would be looking for a bit more robust of a moisturiser.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have dry, sensitive skin. I've been using this for a week now, and I think it's a pretty good moisturizer. It's light weight, oil free, and it does have a scent, but it hasn't bothered my sensitive skin. It absorbs quickly and adds moisture. The best thing about it is it hasn't made me break out. I don't think it's the best moisturizer I've ever tried..but it's not the worst either.

It's average. Better than your normal drugstore brand moisturizers but not the best. I have very dry skin in the winter and this didn't seem to do much. I found myself reapplying it halfway throughout the day because my skin felt dry. However, in the summer it felt great on my skin when I used it as a night cream (I usually have slightly oily skin in the summer). It's not bad but as I stated before..it's pretty average.