Sephora Collection Instant Moisturizer

3.5

Aqua (Water), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, C12-20 Acid PEG-8 Ester, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Dimethicone, Carbomer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Parfum (Fragrance), Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cassia Angustifolia Seed Polysaccharide, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Mica, PEG-8, Maltodextrin, Tocopherol, Silica, D-Limonene, Linalool, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Benzyl Salicylate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Ascorbic Acid, Citric Acid.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

This is the BEST moisturizer I've used ever.I have oily, acne- prone, but now sensitive (thanks to retin A cream to control acne) skin and I can literally hear my pores say "awwww yeah boiiiii" when they see me get this out every AM lol. It is like a cool, hydrating drink of water for my face. It is light, almost a whipped texture, not heavy in the least but with enough oommph to leave your skin moist, hydrated, and healthy. It absorbs quickly so you can go right behind it and apply makeup with no problems. I used to use Cliniques dramatically different gel, but I had to use umpteen different mattifiers just to soak up the grease before my foundation went on. I even think this has made my complexion brighter, more even toned, and just so healthy looking. Best: no acne, because this isn't oily at all. Worst: the packaging is not the greatest. The jar is big which makes travelling a pain and a pump or tube would be more sanitary. Other than that, it is great!!!!!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I also got this as a sample and have just started using it. I've actually been looking for a day time moisturizer without SPF because even though I am a sun protection fanatic, very often I am using a primer and/or foundation/BB cream with SPF already in it and so I don't need it in my moisturizer also. I've only used the sample for 2 or 3 days (I'd forgot all about it and only found it while digging in my desk drawer looking for something else!) so it's a bit early to say but so far, I am really liking this face cream. I didn't think it would have enough moisture for my skin at this time of year but, so far, so good. The price is reasonable compared to many of the other products I use so that's a bit of a bonus and my understanding is that this comes in a jar so you can get at every last bit of product. I know some people are terrified of bacterial contamination in open jars but most skin care items contain more than enough preservatives and so a bit of care (clean hands, a clean applicator spatula) and there should be no problem.

If this continues to perform for me, it may well become my new "non-SPF day moisturizer.

UPDATE: I went back a few days after writing this review to get the full size of this moisturizer. The "love affair" is continuing - it's a good, basic, pleasant face cream for under makeup or on its own, with a sunscreen on top. Great and reasonably priced.

I got a sample of this and tried it out on my dry skin. It's an ok product. It's thick and creamy, but it didn't moisturize my dry patches. It didn't break me out either. I really couldn't' stand the smell of this product. It has a pretty strong floral/soap scent to it. I also noticed that there are tiny glitter/sparkles in the product. I looked in the mirror and it was all over my face. I don't like to go out with glitter all over my face and I don't know if it's bad for my skin in the long run ( I have sensitive skin). Good thing I tried a sample before purchasing it. I would not purchase this product.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I was dubious about this supposedly lightweight cream, but as it turns out it's rather good! The smell is very discreet and neutral, the packaging nothing special (I've bought a tube.) Although the texture is a bit thick it absorbs quickly and feels very comfortable. It's perfectly fine as a night cream at least, and good during the day too, in winter at least. Perhaps a bit expensive though.

Edit: My opinion of this product still holds: it definitely works well. But I went to check the price, as well as that of a tub of Nivea Soft cream, which does more or less the exact same thing, being a very basic, but very decent moisturiser. The Nivea costs around €30 per liter. The Sephora one...€330 per liter. So I won't be buying again.

I received a 5 ml sample of this product during Black Friday. I'm not sure how long it lasts, since I didn't use it frequently and still have product left on the packaging.

It's a white thick cream that spreads easily and moisturizes ok (I don't think it would be enough for dry skins, though). I like that it doesn't contain parabens, which is a plus we don't see very often. I'm acne prone and it doesn't seem to be causing me any.

BUT! there are things about this that bother me tremendously:
1) It contains glitter. And it's visible.
2) Sephora claims this moisturizer is 100% gentle, but it contains parfum (11ΒΊ ingredient out of 28), d-limonene (22ΒΊ ingrediente) and linalool (23ΒΊ ingredient), amongst other skin irritants. If that's being 100% gentle, I think we need to review our standards...
3) There are very few ingredients with actual antioxidant, anti ageing (I believe there's none) or calming properties. Most of its composition consist of emolients and skin conditioning agents. That could be exactly what you're looking for, BUT the price is just ridiculous! In USA, it costs 22 dollars. In my country, Brazil, this costs $100. This is just disgusting! How can such a mediocre product be SO expensive?! If you want just a basic moisturizer, that's fine. Go to your local drugstore and get some Neutrogena stuff from their cheaper line, which will do the same thing for far less money. I guarantee.
4) Comes in jar packaging. Needless to say more.

In conclusion, nothing justifies the price of this thing. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone who truly values their money and their skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I was in Sephora and talking to the sales assistant. I mentioned my oily/acne prone skin had been dry lately from using some prescription acne meds. She pointed me to this. I have to say, I really liked the modern look of the heavyweight jar that it came in (it also comes in a squeeze out tube). I quickly glanced at the ingredients and noticed that it contained fragrance. I really hate fragrance in my skin care products.. but I didn't notice much of a smell in the jar, so I thought it would be a safe bet.

I picked up the jar and went home. That night when I applied it I was a bit overwhelmed with the fragrance. It has a very bright, clean floral plastic smell if that makes any sense. It did start to dissapate after a while, but I just wasn't crazy about it.

It also has these little sparkly things in it - I believe from the mica. It leaves these little tiny sparkles in your skin. It is not very noticable. Not a fan of gimmicky stuff like this, personally.

As far as what I liked: It looked like it would be heavy cream but it is not. I found the texture very nice.. a very lightweight cream/gel. When I applied it my dehydrated skin sucked it right up. It also felt a tiny bit cooling. There was no "tacky" feeling left behind, my skin just felt a little smoother. I don't think this would work for someone with dry skin.

If this didn't have fragrance or those micro sparkly things I would have given this a higher rating. I didn't use it long enough to know whether it would cause breakouts.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have semi-acne prone skin that always feels tight and dry. For me, if a product moisturizes enough it tends to be greasy and heavy. My skin always freaks out when I try new products, (even with one or two uses) so I rarely change what I use. I picked up some Bare Minerals over the weekend and I was given a sample of this moisturizer... WOW.. I used the sample 3 times and I LOVED it. My face felt soft, silky, and very hydrated all day long. I just picked up a full size container of it and I am very excited to have it in my daily routine.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Definitely not well suited to those who are sensitive to fragrance. The scent doesn't seem to irritate my skin, but is aggravating to my head/sinuses, and for me it lingers quite a while. Feels like it quenches my skin fairly well but leaves my skin sort of tacky. No noteworthy results.

Mediocre as a moisturizer and too fragranced for use on the face. Would give this 2.5 if I could.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Edit: I think this is breaking me out. Sigh. I thought it was The new Peter Thomas Roth sunscreen I was trying, but im also breaking out under my eyes, and I dont put the sunscreen there. Will stop using it see if I clear up.

This 50 ml (1.69 fl. oz) 'basic' moisturizer is a welcomed addition to my ever-changing routine. Effective and absorbs well-both underneath my daily foundation/tinted moisturizer, or used as a night treatment. According to Sephora, this is non-comedogenic, oil-free, dermatologically tested, suits all skin types, even sensitive skin. Formulated without parabens. Contains "HydroSenn", an ultra-moisturizing, natural ingredient that is even more effective than hyaluronic acid, for immediate and long-lasting moisture. Contains flattering light-reflecting pigments and antioxidants to prevent the first signs of aging. Does not contain Philates, Sulphate, Phtalate, OGM or Tricolsan. Made in Switzerland. Claims to show demonstrated reults in terms of: long-lasting moisture, smoothed and replumped skin and a radiant complexion. 12 month expiry from time of opening. Jar packaging is pretty standard. The lack of a sunscreen in this product isn't really an issue for me, either, since I already wear so much during the day anyway, via additional products (such as tinted moisturizer). Not too wild about the 'fresh' fragrance, however, I can live with it, and it seems to mostly fade once the cream itself has absorbed. A reasonable buy for a reliable performer.