Sephora Instant Moisturizer

3.5

Aqua (Water), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, C12-20 Acid PEG-8 Ester, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Dimethicone, Carbomer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Parfum (Fragrance), Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cassia Angustifolia Seed Polysaccharide, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Mica, PEG-8, Maltodextrin, Tocopherol, Silica, D-Limonene, Linalool, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Benzyl Salicylate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Ascorbic Acid, Citric Acid.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have dry and sensitive skin. This is the first moisturizer I've tried that actually feels like it's doing something! It sinks it quickly, is not at all greasy and doesn't make me breakout.

bought the smaller size, mainly lured by the price. i don't have sensitivity issues, just wanted something affordable and not too perfumed like drug store brands tend to be.

even during this weirdly warm, humid us east coast winter, and even with my skin not being dry, i found myself needing a lot of it to feel adequately moisturized. like, what is it made of that so much goes so little distance? it does work if you use enough, but i have blazed through the squeeze tube in ~a month. so much for affordable.

To Read all 72 Reviews, Login or Join

I received a 5 ml sample of this product during Black Friday. I'm not sure how long it lasts, since I didn't use it frequently and still have product left on the packaging.

It's a white thick cream that spreads easily and moisturizes ok (I don't think it would be enough for dry skins, though). I like that it doesn't contain parabens, which is a plus we don't see very often. I'm acne prone and it doesn't seem to be causing me any.

BUT! there are things about this that bother me tremendously:
1) It contains glitter. And it's visible.
2) Sephora claims this moisturizer is 100% gentle, but it contains parfum (11º ingredient out of 28), d-limonene (22º ingrediente) and linalool (23º ingredient), amongst other skin irritants. If that's being 100% gentle, I think we need to review our standards...
3) There are very few ingredients with actual antioxidant, anti ageing (I believe there's none) or calming properties. Most of its composition consist of emolients and skin conditioning agents. That could be exactly what you're looking for, BUT the price is just ridiculous! In USA, it costs 22 dollars. In my country, Brazil, this costs $100. This is just disgusting! How can such a mediocre product be SO expensive?! If you want just a basic moisturizer, that's fine. Go to your local drugstore and get some Neutrogena stuff from their cheaper line, which will do the same thing for far less money. I guarantee.
4) Comes in jar packaging. Needless to say more.

In conclusion, nothing justifies the price of this thing. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone who truly values their money and their skin.

I have been a La Mer soft Creme user for the last 6 years. I received this as a sample and used it while on vacation. It has been amazing. Results are similar to my La Mer without the price. Been using it for a month now and will continue.

I'm really loving this! It moisturizes well without making your face greasy. I really do feel as though it blurs imperfections a little upon application. The price is a little steep, but for something that's going to work, I'm fine with it. I wish it came in a tube rather than the jar, but I do wash my hands before sticking my fingers into it so I guess it's not that big of a deal. It smells really good and glides over my skin. It doesn't take long to sink in which is another plus for me since I have limited time to get ready in the morning. At this point, I would purchase it again.

I received a large sample of this cream and I was suprised that I actually quite liked it. It was quite moisturising, more so than I would have expected. The texture is nice - a light, easily absorbed cream. It does have a bit of a scent to it, but this does not bother me. It applies well over serums and oils, and wears well under liquid foundations. This is a good basic hydrator. I likely would notpurchase it, just because I would be looking for a bit more robust of a moisturiser.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Is it me or there's little sparkles in this moisturizer?

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love it it makes my skin so smooth

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This moisturizer is an absolute dream! I've never known of a makeup store brand product to work as well as this does. I first received this as a Sephora points sample and I can't wait to buy the actual tub of it. I used the sample fairly quickly! This has a very faint smell to it which is actually quite pleasant. Nothing too overpowering at all. It goes on very smooth and you'll instantly be able to note the difference in the texture of your skin. It also feels very soothing as you apply it. I use this as an overnight moisturizer and it has made worlds of difference in both the appearance and feel of my skin. Love it and definitely recommend it!

This is one of my favourite moisturizers. It leaves a wonderful refreshing tingle after I apply it and makes me feel like my skin is radiant and soft. I have never gotten a rash from this. While $24 CAD is a bit expensive for a girl on a budget, it's definitely worth the investment!