RIMMEL Match Perfection

RIMMEL Match Perfection
Rimmel Match Perfection True IvoryRimmel Match Perfection FoundationMatch PerfectionMatch PerfectionMatch Perfection

3.5

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Talc, Glycerin, Cetyl/PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Isononyl Isononanoate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Propylene Glycol, Triethylhexanoin, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Magnesium Sulfate, Sodium Glutamate, Tribehenin, Bis PEG/PPG 14/14 Dimethicone, Laureth 7, Fragrance, Mica, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Propylene Carbonate, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Disodium EDTA, Aluminum Hydroxide, Silica, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Sodium Hyaluronate, Thymus Serpillum Extract, Ceramide 2, PEG 10 Rapeseed Oil, Biosaccharide Gum 1, BHT, Lupinus Albus Extract, Sapphire Powder, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Tocopherol, Isobutylparaben, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77489, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 8/22/2018 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

ETA: as of 3/2018 i believe this has been discontinued in the USA. My local Walmart still sells it, but Rimmel's website no longer lists it.
--------------

I'm rewriting my review 8.2018 for this because it used to be a nice foundation on my skin (2017) but I applied it today - and YUCK. I mixed my old bottle I had, shade 103 True Ivory, with a new bottle of 101 Classic Ivory - both still looked dark (for an ivory shade) when I mixed them. When I applied (with damp sponge) the color was lighter on my skin than I thought it would be.

However, maybe it's because I've been testing lots of foundations over the past year or so and have been able to try different formulas and see what suits my skin -- but this stuff was just YUCK. It's very creamy and feels heavy on the skin (like a lotion). The colors are also a bit dark and pink toned (if you are more yellow) -- and once applied, it didn't cover any redness whatsoever on a pimple I had. You could see it clear as day (compared to some other cheap foundations I have). By 9AM - I peeked in the mirror - my foundation was fading on my cheeks and on my nose (or completely wore away?) and you could see the redness peeking through. Since I have been testing other foundations, I know that this is not normal (or compared to yesterday when I wore a better one!). I also noticed that before I left the house (so right after application) - no matter how much bronzer or contour I applied, it's like it completely absorbed into my foundation or disappeared. Same goes for how it wore off my skin by 9AM. I did wear primer underneath like always.

I'm not sure if the newer bottle I bought this year is a different formula? (looks the same as my old bottle so I don't think so...) but this is getting donated and I can't wait to wash it off when I go home for lunch! Yuck. Save your drugstore money - get CoverGirl Outlast or Catrice instead.

on 8/15/2018 7:11:00 PM

This was my first foundation, and I hated it because it emphasised dry patches a LOT, however I didn't use primer or exfoliate my face as much as I should have. I bought it again recently to see if my changes in skincare routine would make this foundation look better, but it still looks dry and has a strange powdery finish. I found it patchy in some places, and it sits on top of the skin instead of sinking in. I find that whenever I touch my face even after powdering, a lot of product comes off and moves around. It's definitely not a 'weightless' foundation, and you can feel it on your skin, which I don't really like.

It's light-medium coverage, and it's relatively inexpensive at around £8.99-9.99 in the UK, but I won't be repurchasing this again. There are cheaper foundations that are just much better - I'd take the £5 makeup revolution fast base foundation over this any day. The bottle is made of glass, which is a nice touch and makes it feel less than a cheap drugstore foundation, but that's the only good thing about this foundation I can think of. I definitely wouldn't recommend this foundation to anyone with dry skin.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Decent coverage, thick liquid formula. However comes off easily and does not have a good range of shades. The light ones are too light but darker shades are a bit too dark too.

I've gone through a bottle and a half of this stuff, but I decided recently to switch to a different foundation.
It's fairly thick, but I still have to use two pumps to cover my face. It tends to separate throughout the day and it can be REALLY cakey! I wear glasses and it all comes off around where my glasses sit only a few minutes after I've applied it - even after priming, powdering and using a setting spray. It wipes off pretty much whenever I touch my face, which can make blowing my nose very annoying.
The packaging is pretty annoying as it falls over all the time - it's so much thinner at the bottom that you also tend to run out without realising.
I wouldn't recommend this as there are much better foundations available with a greater shade range at a similar price point.

on 6/8/2018 3:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

The coverage is baddddddddd, in my opinion. I’m used to DW and fenty level coverage so this was a shocker to me. The shade range in the UK is decent, not amazing but decent. This foundation lasted a while on my skin. It’s a decent foundation, not good nor bad

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

On 2nd bottle of this foundation as it's only $3.40 at my local discount store atm. It's a nice wrk day foundation as it's a Light to MED coverage. The shade range in Toronto unfortunately is restrictive. I wear Sand when I ought to be wearing a next shade up however I get it to wrk w/ a lot of blush / bronzer powders. It's a good basic one. Not too good but not that bad either.

The main reason I am giving this product quite a low review is that I've got quite pale skin but I do tan but only the tiniest bit so I looked at the colours and chose a light-medium shade.Then when I applied it it was so so pale on me much more pale than the colour in the bottle.The coverage is light-medium but I would not reccoemd if you have a lot of freckles it makes them the tiniest little bit grey but covers 3/4 of them up.Im in love with the texture it's a liquid thin foundation and I'm also in love with the scent it smells so so nice like moisturiser.The bottle is glass and very high quality.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

It goes on smooth and moisturizes but the fragrance is gross. I can't stand scented foundation. Never will I buy again.I thought it would be good for dry skin!

on 3/18/2018 12:09:00 AM

I haven't seen a ton of reviews on this product but I actually love it! I tried it when another product turned disastrous so I was skeptical. It's a little thinner to apply and might have a slight smell but those are easy to get past. It applies pretty smoothly using a beauty blender and is buildable. It seems to stay on for 6ish hours which isn't bad! I get a little shiny on my nose and forehead but that's always been an issue for me. Overall, great product!

on 2/2/2018 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I'm using a light nude to mix with my better foundations so I mix it in for a lighter color in the winter.Mixing this has not affected my other founfdations.This does lighten my others just fine.Not bad.