Boots No 7 Protect and Perfect Intense

Boots  No 7 Protect and Perfect Intense
No 7 Protect and Perfect Intense

3.2

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua (Water) (Water), Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Cyclohexasiloxane, Glycerin, Arabinogalactan, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Magnesium Sulfate, Dimethicone Copolyol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium PCA, Cetyl/PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Retinyl Palmitate, Medicago Sativa Extract (Alfalfa), Methylparaben, Propylene Glycol, Lupinus Albus Seed Extract, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Carbomer, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Polysorbate 20, Ginseng (Panax Ginseng) Root Extract, Morus Alba Leaf Extract, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide

This is great for my skin. I use it under makeup and always use at least once a day plus 3 point regenerist cream over the top. It suits my 65 year old skin!
I have sensitive skin and find that these products work together to produce a smooth skin. I mix and match my serum with any good moisturizer on offer - Amazon sell 3 point regenerist cream at a good price.
I get my Olay serum from eBay. I think the seller is planetapetrov or similar. They have amazing bargains.

I tried using this product in conjunction with the paired lotion as the price was right and have heard positive things from a few friends (I switched from using Avene, the serum and optimale riche moisturizer). Now I do not think this product is bad by any means, but I did find that after a few months of using it, my skin actually stopped absorbing it and it would sit on the surface, which led to my moisturizer also sitting of the surface. As a result, my face always looked oily and the product clearly stopped working. I also started to feel my skin tighten up, as if it was becoming dehydrated.

I initially really liked this product (which also using the paired moisturizer) and would have recommended it at the time. It was simply unfortunate that it seemed to "stop working" a few months in. I would recommend that other people try it because it if hadn't stopped working I would likely still be using it. That being said, if you can tolerate the price point of Avene, I find their products to be significantly better quality!

on 10/19/2016 8:31:00 AM

MIRACLE!!!!!!!!!!!! This is a review for the Protect & Perfect Intense Advanced. There seems to be two serums on Target's site but i got this one after seeing Dr Phil. I also got the Beautiful Skin Age Defense Cleanser. i am 52 and have been breaking out for over a year...have tried many products trying to get my skin cleared up, thought they helped but then they never really went away...irritated blemishes that just got worse and worse...people at work I could tell were staring at my face...so embarrasing....well in one week,,,,ALL OF MY blemishes cleared up..ALL OF THEM!!! Not sure if it's this serum or the cleanser but I'm never going to use anything else again...these two products have changed my face....no gross pumps (and they were huge and red) to try to put makeup on in the morning.....my skin is smooth!!!!!!!!! blemish free in one week! I have some scarring now to deal with due to my problems lately but at least my makeup goes on like a dream...I only use one pump at night and in the morning. Don't listen to Paula on this one....she is WRONG WRONG WRONG! This honestly, made me feel like a new person with a new face in a week. I bought it for anti aging and didnt expect it to clear up my skin....that wasnt my goal or expectations, but it did! I noticed the effect on day one....it was that dramatic. My forehead was totally broke out and bangs covered it but they are all gone too! Like I said, I dont know if it's the cleanser or the serum since I basically started using them at the same time. I will use this combination of products for ever! I'm guessing hormones have been my problem with all these breakouts the past year, but this combo has saved my skin and my sanity! My face is totally smooth! I don't know that this is all that moisturizing and I do use neutrogena healthy skin night cream day and night, I can tell you I don't feel I need moisturizing as much any more with these two products. I probably had twenty red irritated pimples on my face before using this....they are all gone. My mood at work is better as I feel i can go in public and not be embarrased any more. Yes, it was that dramatic...and my pores are smaller in one week so that's a plus!!!!!!!!!! Don't listen to paula....she looks at the ingredients only and not the results.

on 9/26/2016 6:09:00 AM

Purchased the Boots No. 7 Protect & Perfect Intense - Advanced Serum and Eye Cream after reading an online article claiming that a study proved these products 'actually work' in terms of improving skin condition (https://www.theguardian.com/science/2009/apr/28/boots-protect-perfect-anti-wrinkle-cream). Seeing as it was Boots, and the price tag was not outrageous, thought would give it a try.

The product is ok, I used up both containers. But used them with a certain amount of dedication, rather than with a sense of ... joy? Is that too much to ask from an eye cream? Perhaps. Some people debate the efficacy of eye cream at all, and say face cream or even apricot/almond/coconut oil do the job cheaper. But hey, it's fun to believe ... :)

As others have said, it's a silicone-based product, which applies very smoothly and soaks in well. The eye cream I found to be slightly more palatable than the serum, still using that up while looking for another eye cream. The serum ... again, it's fine. Not bad, but not amazing (informed partially by knowledge of the contents, as a wannabe organic snob ;))

Maybe the lasting results cited in the 2009 article require sustained use over time. When the serum was used, a certain silkiness on the skin did result. Essentially though, I have no complaints about the product, but am also unlikely to repurchase it.

Although noticeably silocone, i like the way this product applies and absorbs. no overpowering smell and no breakouts so far!

on 11/9/2015 4:46:00 PM

I had spent every summer of childhood in blazing sun, as a teen rubbing baby oil on to get a deeper tan more quickly, i was very naive about the dangers and long term damage. Fortunately as ive oily olive skin, i still looked pretty young at 35 even after many years sun damage. But after been told by a skin specialist that the damage was visible on the UV Skin Scanner results, she showed them to me, they were pretty bad, i started using perfect and protect daily. I went back for another UV Scanner at a diff clinic 6 months later and she detected little to no sun damage. She actually asked me what i used on my skin as for my age, she was surprised to see such good scan results. I told her id been using Boots Protect and perfect, and she said " well keep doing it!, its clearly doing a great job". This was a lady managing a Clarins spa saying this to me! So i was very chuffed. But i became very relaxed with my beauty regime after this. Got side tracked teying other brands for the fun of it, mostly none that great, ive tried many high end, from Creme de la Mer $$$$(ok), Sisly $$$$ (ok), StriVectin-EV™ Get Even Brightening Serum $$$ (Excellent results), Dior $$$(good), Shiseido White Lucent Brightening (good), to Paulas Choice $ (ok), down to Olay $ (not compatible with my skin) , and Rose Hip oil $(great), but Boots Advance Serum i have fallen back on to as I've noticed a few fine lines appear round my eyes (I'm 40 now) rest of skin is still completely smooth & clear, still I'm told i look in 20a, but I'm trying boots again to see if i can combat new fine eye lines, and I will update this review again, but I'm hopeful, since this serum removed all sun damage previously incurred...will report back soon . What you need to remember is that even if you are young, and look young, good skin, or you are older with good skin, everyone gets some sun damage and damage from oxidative stress, you might not notice it straight away, but it will be there, and as you age more this will show more. For women who don't have naturally oily skin like me, if you have dryer skin, your skin may age quicker so putting this serum on when you already have deep wrinkles, don't expect this to magically rid them. This serum works over time to improve skin quality, repair sun damaged skin, improve skin texture and overall complexion tone. Its not going to suddenly take deep wrinkles away that are the result of years and years of sun damage, smoking, heavy drinking, they may improve slowly, but this serum is going to repair a lot in terms of skin quality and removing sun damage and tone. Def worth using this to slow aging too.

on 9/27/2015 11:21:00 PM

This is my first review on MakeupAlley, though I love the site. I purchased this product 10 days ago, serum pump. I used two pumps in the morning and one at night. There is no more product left in the pump. I'm out of product. I would not waste my money on this product, unless I had $70 a month to spend on it. Were that the case, I'd get botox. This is very disappointing.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Silicone valley! No moisturisation for my skin. Left it feeling dull and dry and I don't have dry skin. Left a fake feeling film on my skin like it didn't sink in whatsoever. Can't believe the hype over this over rated serum. It's probably the most disappointing one I've used. Did nothing bad to my skin but nothing good either. Waste of money for me anyway. Will use on my hands.

on 3/3/2015 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Still looking for my HG serum. My skin is too mature and dry for this silicone-loaded product. It didn't harm me but it didn't do much either. Felt like I was applying a silicone-based primer, like Smashbox's.

on 11/26/2014 2:39:00 AM

This product made my face break out horribly with huge welts. I use the regular advance and not the intense and had no problems.there is something in the intense formula that has a very bad reaction.