Boots No 7 Protect and Perfect Intense

Boots  No 7 Protect and Perfect Intense

3.0

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua (Water) (Water), Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Cyclohexasiloxane, Glycerin, Arabinogalactan, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Magnesium Sulfate, Dimethicone Copolyol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium PCA, Cetyl/PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Retinyl Palmitate, Medicago Sativa Extract (Alfalfa), Methylparaben, Propylene Glycol, Lupinus Albus Seed Extract, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Carbomer, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Polysorbate 20, Ginseng (Panax Ginseng) Root Extract, Morus Alba Leaf Extract, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide

Although noticeably silocone, i like the way this product applies and absorbs. no overpowering smell and no breakouts so far!

on 11/9/2015 4:46:00 PM

I had spent every summer of childhood in blazing sun, as a teen rubbing baby oil on to get a deeper tan more quickly, i was very naive about the dangers and long term damage. Fortunately as ive oily olive skin, i still looked pretty young at 35 even after many years sun damage. But after been told by a skin specialist that the damage was visible on the UV Skin Scanner results, she showed them to me, they were pretty bad, i started using perfect and protect daily. I went back for another UV Scanner at a diff clinic 6 months later and she detected little to no sun damage. She actually asked me what i used on my skin as for my age, she was surprised to see such good scan results. I told her id been using Boots Protect and perfect, and she said " well keep doing it!, its clearly doing a great job". This was a lady managing a Clarins spa saying this to me! So i was very chuffed. But i became very relaxed with my beauty regime after this. Got side tracked teying other brands for the fun of it, mostly none that great, ive tried many high end, from Creme de la Mer $$$$(ok), Sisly $$$$ (ok), StriVectin-EV™ Get Even Brightening Serum $$$ (Excellent results), Dior $$$(good), Shiseido White Lucent Brightening (good), to Paulas Choice $ (ok), down to Olay $ (not compatible with my skin) , and Rose Hip oil $(great), but Boots Advance Serum i have fallen back on to as I've noticed a few fine lines appear round my eyes (I'm 40 now) rest of skin is still completely smooth & clear, still I'm told i look in 20a, but I'm trying boots again to see if i can combat new fine eye lines, and I will update this review again, but I'm hopeful, since this serum removed all sun damage previously incurred...will report back soon . What you need to remember is that even if you are young, and look young, good skin, or you are older with good skin, everyone gets some sun damage and damage from oxidative stress, you might not notice it straight away, but it will be there, and as you age more this will show more. For women who don't have naturally oily skin like me, if you have dryer skin, your skin may age quicker so putting this serum on when you already have deep wrinkles, don't expect this to magically rid them. This serum works over time to improve skin quality, repair sun damaged skin, improve skin texture and overall complexion tone. Its not going to suddenly take deep wrinkles away that are the result of years and years of sun damage, smoking, heavy drinking, they may improve slowly, but this serum is going to repair a lot in terms of skin quality and removing sun damage and tone. Def worth using this to slow aging too.

To Read all 29 Reviews, Login or Join

on 9/27/2015 11:21:00 PM

This is my first review on MakeupAlley, though I love the site. I purchased this product 10 days ago, serum pump. I used two pumps in the morning and one at night. There is no more product left in the pump. I'm out of product. I would not waste my money on this product, unless I had $70 a month to spend on it. Were that the case, I'd get botox. This is very disappointing.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Silicone valley! No moisturisation for my skin. Left it feeling dull and dry and I don't have dry skin. Left a fake feeling film on my skin like it didn't sink in whatsoever. Can't believe the hype over this over rated serum. It's probably the most disappointing one I've used. Did nothing bad to my skin but nothing good either. Waste of money for me anyway. Will use on my hands.

on 3/3/2015 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Still looking for my HG serum. My skin is too mature and dry for this silicone-loaded product. It didn't harm me but it didn't do much either. Felt like I was applying a silicone-based primer, like Smashbox's.

on 11/26/2014 2:39:00 AM

This product made my face break out horribly with huge welts. I use the regular advance and not the intense and had no problems.there is something in the intense formula that has a very bad reaction.

on 11/1/2014 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love this serum! I was starting to get fine lines and bags under my eyes and in just the first couple weeks they've all but disappeared. I use this only at night but am considering adding it to my morning routine. I'm so in love with the stuff I've already bought a second tube of it just in case I run out of the first. It absorbs very quickly as well, which is great, so you can put on your normal moisturizer on top of it.

Skin: Other, Olive, Neutral

So I don't know anything about the Good Housekeeping hype and don't understand why pep's in their 20's-30's are reviewing it based on aging issues unless they are living up a pretty wreckless lifestyle that has put 20 yrs on their skin?! Anyhow with that said I think it is a good product but nothing to get excited about.

I bought this in last week of June and it is end of first week of August 2014.
Pros- Pump packaging, reasonably priced, apply's smooth and absorbs quickly, is a light moisturizer, great for dry-normal skin. I do feel silicone/dimethocone ingredient but it is not so heavy that you can't tell the other ingredients are penetrating the skin. I'ts a average to good product. It may take several uses to know it it does what it claims and then that is only under certain conditions of how well/worse off your skin is in and seeing the before and afters.
Con's- I got the pump and you can't tell how much is in the packaging or figure out how to open the pump package to get the rest because it seems well sealed and perhaps that helps preserve the product that much better. However this lasted me 1 1/4 months and that would be approximaty 9.6 bottles a year (x) $24 a bottle=Total (w/o tax) $230.40. For a okay product that can get expensive. Regardless I buy this when it comes on sale at my Ulta, and I bought the sets with my discounts.

on 1/20/2014 4:44:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

The finish was nice, but made me breakout real bad. Stopped using it for awhile, then tried it again. Same result: pimples.

on 6/18/2013 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have tried this and it was amazing. Showed immediate results. This is a very expensive product to buy (£28 for 200ml from Boots UK) I tried a small 5ml tube which lasted weeks and is only a few pounds I think. The effect of it on my skin was very similar to Liz Earle's Skin Repair Light cream. This cream is cheaper than Liz Earle's cream but didn't clear up redness like the Liz Earle cream did.

I have researched this Protect & Perfect Intense cream and discovered only 1 in 5 women see an improvement. I found a similar effect to that of using really thick Cocoa Butter on my face, only the Cocoa Butter is much cheaper. A 250ml tub of Vaseline Cocoa Butter is usually around £5 from Boots. I think if you use a thick moisturiser it'll have the same long term effect as any anti-aging cream. To be honest, I've recently realised a lot of this anti-ageing stuff is all a marketing scam.
Expensive creams are especially good for people who break out in spots easily. Luckily I am not one of those people, so although I like both this product and the Liz Earle cream, because of the price, I probably won't buy them again and will just stick to the Cocoa Butter because it's the thickest, most natural and nourishing cream I can apply without getting spots.