Maybelline Fit Me Set Smooth Pressed Powder

Maybelline Fit Me Set   Smooth Pressed Powder

3.3

Talc, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Magnesium Stearate, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Nylon-12, Caprylyl glycol /- (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

This powder did not work for me and is probably one of the worst I have used as far as mattifying goes.
It does not set the makeup so I only kept it in my purse for touchups and it that was just a fail.
The good was that it gave a refreshed look but only after blotting first and using a small fluffy brush like a kabuki. That was where it ended because not even an hour later it started to break down and the skin would also become shiny again. For someone with oily skin if I was relying on this powder I would have to use it continuously all day. The mattifying effect does not last long at all and it makes me more oily every time I use it. So needless to say it will become cakey and greasy ending in a mess.
I also had a hard time finding a decent shade in this powder.
In the end, I gave up and just settled on the closest one I could find because they either washed me out or were too warm and looked orange on my skin especially after a touch up it would become very obvious.
I wanted to try the matte and poreless powder but have decided I will pass because I have since tried the matte and poreless foundation and that was a total fail for my oily skin as well.
If you have combo or normal skin I think this powder would work much better for you.

on 10/4/2017 4:53:00 PM

This is my favorite powder I have ever used. It is one of the few powders that is light enough for my skin and it covers my blemishes really well. I usually reapply it half way through my day but that doesn't bother me since I am a server and I'm usually sweating and covered in misc food products. The thing that is strange to me about this powder is that I am quite acne prone and felt my skin would prefer Maybelline's Fit me Matte and poreless powder but when I used that it just made me break out worse though had pretty similar coverage. I went back to this one and my skin has thanked me. I've used it for a couple years and will continue to use it.

on 8/10/2017 4:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a nice pressed powder. Especially for the price. It sets makeup nicely, is not drying and has a very subtle shimmer to give it a soft matte finish. Its not very longlasting and certainly doesnt keep oiliness at bay but i didnt expect it to be. The packaging is rather bulky but it looks ok. I got it in 120 classic ivory and its so translucent and completely undetectable on my mac nc15-20 skin. I would repurchase it because its cheap and nice and easy to get.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I was super excited about this product because I do love the Fit Me Matte & Poreless Foundation. I have super oily skin and was hoping to have a low cost powder for on the go touch-ups. I bought translucent because I didn't want to add more color on top of color in case it looked too cakey. However, this product made me cakey and did not help with shine for long. I have to re-apply this a few times a day. It was not what I was hoping for. Will keep this in my makeup bag for emergency situations. But will not re-purchase.

on 6/27/2017 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I've used this powder for a couple of years. I can't say it is amazing nor bad. I would say it is just your standard powder. I like it to set my undereye concealer and it works OK. Would I repurchase it? No not really I believe there are better powders in the market.

on 6/24/2017 2:53:00 PM

As an acne-prone skin type and with a face filled with hyper-pigmentation, I think that this powder is really not bad!! (4/5 lipsticks) I apply a thin layer of liquid foundation from etude house before slapping on fitme powder to mattify the liquid foundation and to offer more cover-up. (i've been trying to find ways to cut down the layers of product placed on my face hence i didnt use concealer)

this powder offers an average concealing job - it covers fainter hyper pigmentation scars not really for fresh new red hyper-pigmentation scars but you can build the powder up for a better coverage.

what I really love about this is that it stays matte for LONG, like LONGER THAN expected which is really good for my super-oily skin type. Usually after 5-6 hours, my make-up would appear cracky (from all the oil) but this helps me stay matte for a longer period of time.

what I don't like about this is how dull it appears when u first put it on freshly washed and dried skin. it looks dull! but throughout the day when more oil is secreted, it will look better!

would buy it again (until i find some other better reasonably priced & better coverage powder for my oily skin.

on 4/24/2017 8:55:00 PM

I purchased this after the Dream Matte powder got discontinued, and I didn't really want to purchase Mac Mineralized Skin Finish Natural, as the price keeps going up, and the packaging got stranger.

This is one of the most affordable powders from drugstore when on sale, finding this at $3.99-4.99 at Shoppers Drug Mart from time to time. I'd say if you had dry/dehydrated skin, and was not looking for an oil-sucking powder for blotting, this would be good. If you want to mattify the skin a tad more, I'd say look for other alternatives, because as a dehydrated skin lass, I can use both the matte and the regular Fit Me powders.

on 3/1/2017 11:30:00 PM

I use this powder to set my foundation. It is not pigmented at all (I didn't care for it), I just wished it would reduce some shines and give my skin a matte finish. It is so hard to pack the powder on my brush and I have to press a bit to get some product out. And even after applying on my skin, it barely reduces any shines on my face.

on 2/18/2017 11:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Great inexpensive powder to mattify your face. It blurs imperfections and I also use it to brighten up the undereye area. Has no scent - bonus = ) For coverage, it's probably a 4 out of 10, meaning it's a lightweight mattifying powder and NOT a powder foundation. Which is precisely why I like it because it looks natural on me and gives me a fresh clean look. For $8 CAD, you can't go wrong.

I've always liked Maybelline powders, and this one doesn't disappoint.

on 5/12/2017 9:16:00 PM

On my 4th one. It works better for me than Mac studio sculpt powder and cheaper. I wear 240 in this maybelline powder and I am mac nc40 skin tone. It's a perfect match and it helps seal the concealer under my eyes that's pretty much all I use powder for. I have used this all over my face it's good controls oil too but I just mainly set my concealer with this. I swear it takes off about 5 years under my eyes. I have a slight hollowing in my undereye area. I'll post a pic if i can so y'all can see..its a pic with the maybelline powder.