Maybelline Fit Me Concealer

3.8

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Glycerin, Sorbitan Isostearate, Propylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide, Ozokerite, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Sulfate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Methylparaben, Acrylates copolymer, Alumina, Butylparaben, Aluminium Hydroxide, Tocopherol, Silica, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract /- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77019/Mica)

Love that this is silicone and oil free. Works really good for drug store. People say it’s a dupe for nars. I haven’t tried nars but the nars one has silicone which this one does not. I am not able to use silicones as if suffocated and breaks my skin out.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

There's incredible hype for this product and I get it. However it is not a bulletproof concealer by any means.

Pros - very creamy, good price, good packaging
Cons - extremely limiting color range.

It's a medium to full coverage concealer that has a smooth blendable texture. In terms of coverage, I feel like a single layer is sufficient for minor discolorations if you have good skin, but you will need to build for true opaqueness. The formulation is creamy and I think this would work best on normal to dry skin types, not oily skin. The application can be sheered out to give you a very realistic "skin" finish if you spend some time in application. The longevity is only average, and at the end of a 12 hour day, if you layer enough on, there's slight separation from surface skin reaction with oils around my nose (hence why I think this may not be the best product for younger oily skin). This product did not oxidize.

For the price, quantity of product and packaging I think it's stellar. However, my biggest issue is the color range. There are just not enough colors in Canada for someone of color. Even the deeper colors seem to have cool pinky undertones making the match very meh. I couldn't find a good other color to mix a custom shade for myself either. I am mixing it with Nars, but I wanted to add that I think this concealer is actually better than Nars for older & drier skin. I find Nars too drying and probably best for youthful oily skin.

Note: I am closest to NC42 and MAC's prolongwear has been my HG concealer. I tested shades 25 and 35. I'm currently mixing 35 with Nars Caramel to get a more true to skin color.

I wasn't impressed at all by this concealor, granted I didn't use a setting powder on top. It had faded away by the day's end and provided much more sheer coverage than what I was looking for. I don't use a setting powder on my MAC Pro Longwear and it lasts just fine the whole day without fading and provides a much better coverage. I bought this looking for a cheaper alternative to MAC but after using this have decided to spend the extra money to at least get what I am trying to achieve.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I dabbed this onto a couple of red marks on my cheek and literally didn't cover it at all - I found this quite runny and felt like it didn't dry under my eyes. I always know if I like something the first time I use it and unfortunately this is pretty rubbish! will give to my mum and see if she likes it!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

The Maybelline Fit Me is a dupe for the Nars creamy concealer. Performance wise I like it better than Nars.

Pros:
- good shade range, though I personally can't find the exact match to my skin;
- really good coverage;
- available everywhere;
- long-lasting (all day, no touch-ups);
- I love the packaging and the ease of application.

Cons:
- Nothing for the fair mostly neutral skin tone. For a start, shade 10 is darker than shade 15. Shade 15 is very white, great for the super pale complexion. Shade 10 is a bit too pink for me. Shade 20 is too yellow.
- it doesn't blend seamlessly into my skin. I can see the product being applied over, and I don't like seeing that, I want skin look like skin but better (I'm that picky);
- it doesn't last as long and isn't as bulletproof as for example a MAC Longwear;
- same as MAC it refuses to work on dry patches, clinging to them and accentuating the texture;
- it settles into my fine lines.

It is a very good concealer, it's better than Nars, but it is not a 'second skin' product for my relatively dry skin.

I have 2. They gave a great coverage and goes on smoothly. Medium texture. Wears beautifully under eyes. Nice skin like look

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Grey, Straight, Fine

Color #25 is perfect for my skin in summer & fall, warm and medium light. The applicator wand makes it easy to place a tiny dot or large swath exactly where I need it, and it blends out nicely with my fingertip. It's too dry to use as eyeshadow base because it creases on my lids, but performs well for me undereye and on a discoloration at my jawline. It blends well over my sunblock lotion. It lasts most of a 15-hour day for me.

The biggest problem is that stores around here are usually sold out of color #25, so I have to remember to hunt it down before I run out!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I actually really, really like the formula of this concealer. It has good coverage and blends out like a dream.

My only issue is the shade range - I'm an NC15 and shade 10 is too dark and too peachy on me.

Very good alternative to Nars concealer. It has a nice formula, good coverage, very creamy.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I got this in the second to lightest shade and it's the first concealer I haven't had to cover with foundation. That is everything to me. It completely covers and blends under eye and discoloration. I'm surprised about the bad reviews.