Maybelline Fit Me Concealer

3.8

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Glycerin, Sorbitan Isostearate, Propylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide, Ozokerite, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Sulfate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Methylparaben, Acrylates copolymer, Alumina, Butylparaben, Aluminium Hydroxide, Tocopherol, Silica, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract /- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77019/Mica)

I have used and enjoyed the Fit Me Matte & Poreless foundation for many years, but the concealer just stinks for me. I tried it when it first launched and I hated it, but then I heard that it is kind of a dupe for UD Naked Skin concealer, which IMHO is pretty far off the mark. This concealer is very creamy and pigmented like Naked Skin, but it is a lot oiler and more slippery. I could never really get this to lay nicely, and it broke me out to boot. I also HATE the packaging, it gets so gunky and gross after just a couple of uses. The pros are that it is cheap, it has a decent shade range, and it is easy to find. The cons are that the packaging sucks and that it is oily. If you have combo or acne-prone skin, I say to avoid this one if possible.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I tried several concealers before I found this one. I absolutely love it. It's very creamy and blends out well with a beauty blender. I do have some texture under my eyes so after I apply I pat under my eyes to make sure it's completely even and then set it with my RCMA no color powder. And of course I set my whole face after makeup is complete with a setting spray. It's super affordable. Oh my 12 year old daughter taught me a trick. She took that little plastic thing out on the rim so the doe foot applicator will reach all the product. Blew. My. Mind. Lol

SUMMED UP
It covers well, doesn't cake or going into fine lines, beautifully pigmented covers dark circles and redness.
It's really similar to the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer. The Nars one covers a little bit better and are a little bit more long lasting but costs 3x the amount. The Fit Me concealer is definitely a GREAT dupe.

HITS AND MISSES
+ High Coverage
+ Price Point
+ Lasts all day
+ Creamy texture
+ Doesn't crease

- Only 6 colours in the colour range (US)

HOW I USE IT
I have combined skin with an oily T-zone and a lot of redness in my skin. I work in retail so for me it's important that makeup holds up all day and I usually touch up once.
I use this concealer over foundation and set it with setting powder and setting spray.

TO CONCLUDE
yeeeeeees son get it, best drugstore concealer.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Cool

Love this concealer. Great product, good packaging and so cheap ! i have repurchased this around 7 times. Good coverage and blends nicely, however depending on your skin be careful with how much you apply as it can get a little cakey, but still a great concealer

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I alternate between the Fit Me concealer and Age Rewind concealer. Both are excellent and even though I have a bunch of higher end concealers these are my favorite.

I see a lot of people comparing the Fit Me concealer to the Nars Radiant Creamy concealer. I have both and I can say that Nars creamy concealer in custard is almost exactly the same shade as the Fit Me in Sand. Nars wins for coverage for sure but I find it dry and thick and difficult to work with.It creases without powder and it creases and cakes with powder. I just don't like it. But the Fit me concealer glides on easily, doesn't look cakey and only creases a very tiny bit after a few hours of wear. The coverage is light to light medium but I find thicker concealers with higher coverage just very difficult when it comes to applying on mature eyes so I'm willing to trade the high coverage for something lighter that wears nicely and doesn't accentuate my fine lines.

Lately I've even seen some make up artists say that older women should just skip under eye concealer altogether, I'm sorry but I can't agree with that. A layer of concealer nicely blended under my eyes brightens up my whole face, lifts my eyes and just generally takes several years off. I will never skip concealer but I have had to stop using thick concealers and instead look for concealers that have a thinner lighter consistency and Fit Me concealer fills the bill on that. I love that my favorite concealers are also inexpensive and that I can just go to town using as much as I want (I use this to highlight as well) without feeling guilty about the cost.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am using two colors of FitMe, fair for under eyes and sand for blemishes and my birthmark (which is pink/red). It is smooth, it blends easily and wears well. I agree with the hype, this is a great for a drugstore concealor.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Such a beautiful, lightweight concealer. I have the shade 20 and I am NC15/20 - it's not a highlighting shade, just good enough for concealing pimples and being an everyday undereye shade.You can't even feel it on the face and it looks extremely natural. I got it on sale and it's a decent price for Australian drugstore makeup. Would repurchase, it's quality is great for the price!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a concealer that is a staple in my collection, being that it is a pretty solid lightweight concealer. It goes on similar to a foundation texture, very thin and easily blendable. The coverage is light/medium-builable but I wouldn't say it ever reaches that full-coverage look that I get with MAC Pro-Longwear.

My only problem with this concealer is that the shades they have in this don't go light enough for me. I have an NW15 skin tone and I own the shade 10 (which I think is the lightest?) yet I find it matched my skin but is a bit more yellow. I use this more when i have a fake tan on or if I don't want highlighted undereyes (which isn't too often). I use this more often with other concealers to take down the brightness or the heavy texture/coverage.

While this is a decent concealer, it really isn't comparable to the Nars creamy radiant. I own both and I can say this one is much less thick and creamy with much less coverage than the Nars. A drugstore concealer that's closer in texture and coverage is probably the Milani one in the squeeze tube.

pros: lightweight thin but good coverage cheap but good quality cons: not full coverage but never claims to be it can wear away easy.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Despite my constant hoping that someday, the perfect concealer will come into my life, for now, I find myself comfortably reaching for this one a lot. It's like I haven't met my soul mate, but I'm compatible enough and content enough with this concealer for the time being.

It has a creamy consistency that's not too drying. While some consider it a dupe of the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer, I find this one lighter and less likely to settle into lines or emphasize texture/dryness. That said, the Fit Me sacrifices a bit of the pigmentation and concealing ability of Nars, but I consider it's moderate coverage a worthy tradeoff for a more workable formula.

If you're looking for something that isn't full-coverage and is easy to work with, this is a fantastic go-to product. It's versatile and easy to incorporate into different looks. Sheer it out over something luminous for a dewy look, or bake it with a bit of powder for a matte, poreless finish.

PROS
- Very workable and versatile formula that is forgiving of mistakes
- Doe-foot applicator makes for easy application
- Works for undereyes and large areas, and decent at concealing smaller areas

CONS
- Not enough coverage for large blemishes or discolorations
- Very small shade range
- Not the most precise concealer to use for spot concealing -- as in, if you try to disguise a single spot or one pimple, the product will spread and sheer out

HOW I USE IT

I typically apply this after foundation and before powder. I directly color underneath my eyes, around my nostrils, around the corners of my mouth, which helps with parts of my complexion which tend to have pigmentation or redness. I also will draw a thin 'T' across my forehead (right above my brows) and down the center of my nose if I want a particularly put-together and brightened look. Dab in/blend with a beautyblender.

If I'm having some eczema issues or one of those cystic pimples that somehow just make the entire side of your face look like a disaster zone, I want higher coverage. In these instances, the concealer has higher coverage if I dab some onto the beauty blender and bounce it onto my face.

And if I have individual blemishes that I want to spot-conceal? I will blend a thicker concealer (such as Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer) with the FitMe for a high-coverage formula. If the pimple is flaky, I'll add the tiniest bit of moisturizer and also make sure the blemish is well-exfoliated. Then, with a precise pencil brush, I'll gently tap the concealer over and over onto the single spot, let it set and thicken a little, dip my beautyblender in a tiny bit of powder (to prevent the concealer from sticking to the sponge) and then tap it in further. That will both set the concealed spot and keep it from sheering out or transferring off.