Gabriel Moisturizing Liquid Foundation SPF 18

Gabriel Moisturizing Liquid Foundation SPF 18

3.8

Aqua (Infusion of Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice), Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Sorbitol, OenotheraBiennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Fruit Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Crithmum Maritimum (Sea Fennel) Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Limonene, Lecithin, Silica, Xanthan Gum, Kaolin, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Potassium Sorbate

on 7/8/2016 5:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Finally, a SILICONE-FREE foundation that provides great coverage AND uses natural ingredients. The warm beige color matches my yellow undertones and is buildable, though the coverage is good with first application. Silicone can cause problems for skin and hair. It is used to create a "slippery and smooth" surface (think primers and hair balms), but in doing so it tends to waterproof the surface of the skin or hair shaft, trapping bacteria and sweat on the skin and building up residue on hair. There are a number of different silicones, including the most common dimethicone, and they can be difficult to remove. Thankfully, Gabriel is ahead of the game in providing consumers with silicone-free options for cosmetics. Thanks Gabriel!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I am very pleased with this foundation. I had a bad reaction to another foundation and decided I would try this when I swatched it at the store. It was not drying but it dried, set, and would not budge. I don't know how to explain it. It dries and sets quickly so you wouldn't think it was very moisturizing, but it is not drying. My skin is dry and flaky but I can use this with no issues. Lasts all day (with my pacifica primer) and has build able coverage. Like I said it dries quickly.....I so you must work quickly; I suggest working with small amounts in small areas building the coverage to your desire. I use my beauty blender and my skin looks wonderfully dewy. I believe this may be one of those foundations I hear you can wear with out powder. I brush a little powder over my concealer, but not too much anywhere else. My skin looks even and natural, but it does't feel like I have any foundation on, super light. Since I switched to this from the foundation I loved but broke me out, (see my Too Faced foundation review) my skin has cleared up tremendously. I only have a couple pimples that are still healing. Will definitely be buying more.

To Read all 22 Reviews, Login or Join

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This is a good match for a PPP. However it does not have good lasting power, at all. I put it on a clean face in the morning. The color match was good, but it was gone by 1 in the afternoon.

I love Gabriel cosmetics for making certified gluten-free cosmetics--but this is a pass.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I really loved this and used it daily until I found a few lighter tinted moisturizers, but I still use this when I want a more full-on makeup look.

I have very pale, almost clear blue/pink skin, making it impossible to find foundations. The lightest shade works for me away from summer. (It looks a tad off when I get ever-so-slightly "tan.")

I put this on over moisturizer (Brallywood) and sunscreen, adding about half again an amount of moisturizer to it in my hand. It wouldn't glide on well straight up.

I like that it's a more "natural" product. (I put that in quotes as it's a continual push-pull to suss out ingredients and claims, but this looks so much better than anything from the big lines.) I try to avoid major toxic chemicals, but am not a complete purist either. (I get tired of being uptight, then read something scary and toss the Kmart makeup.) Maybe the best part is that buying it at the natural food store, I can sneak it into the grocery bill.

(The link has it for $22.50--I paid closer to
$40 hard-earned bucks,)

But seriously, it is pricey for me, but it's lasting forever. I've only bought 2 bottles in maybe 5 years of once-daily, now less use.

on 2/25/2015 10:20:00 AM

I REALLY wanted to like this and was ready to make the complete switch over to have this be my every day. I have been a longtime Estee Lauder Double Wear fan but since becoming a mom I have switched almost all my products to natural based. I got the Light Pale one, upon application with a dense stippling brush the coverage seemed great, surprisingly matte, the match for the colour seemed great. After about an hour though I was very oily in my T zone and then my usual dry patches looked extra flaky.

Disappointed as I really was gunning for a win here.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

After years of using name brand foundation, I found myself with breakouts suddenly and realized that the company recently changed its formula and my skin just could not handle the new ingredients. I have fair, sensitive skin with early-onset mild rosacea and needed something that wouldn't aggravate my skin while covering up the redness. I found this foundation at a natural foods store and decided to give it a go since it was certified gluten-free (I have Celiac disease) and was mostly natural ingredients. I bought Pale Ivory. Though the price tag was hideous, I'm glad I bought it. It is moderate coverage and goes on smooth. I like that it has a matte appearance when applied as some foundations give my skin an oily look. I used to have to use powder to get rid of the shine, but I don't have to worry about that with this foundation. It makes my face feel silky and doesn't clog my pores. My old foundation would "sit" on my skin and cause my face to itch. I feel like I can wear this foundation all day with no irritation and it washes off easily with mild soap and water. Though the price is overkill, I will continue to buy this as long as it doesn't irritate my skin. I wish, however, that it had a pump-top instead of being open since it would keep the product more sterile and away from bacteria.

on 12/13/2014 2:58:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

After a long and tedious battle with my skin, I came to the realization that my skin can't handle anything that isn't mostly natural. Which at first seemed like a huge bummer, but is actually a blessing in disguise knowing that the cosmetic industry has very little to no regulations on the plethora of toxic chemicals they can put in their products. But I digress. I purchased this foundation in pale ivory from a whole foods store. Although a bit pricey ($25) the color matched me perfectly so I decided to try it out. I'd say this foundation gives you a light-medium coverage and is definitely buildable. It has been a bit tricky trying to find out an application method that works for me though as it is a bit difficult to blend. It sets pretty fast, and goes on a bit streaky. What I've found works for me is I use a stippling brush to apply my first layer. After it dries, I use my beauty blender for additional coverage and that pretty much solves that issue. It seems like it does dry my skin out a tad, meaning it will cling to my dry patches and look a bit cakey towards the end of the day even though I don't necessarily have dry skin. This isn't a huge issue for me as I usually don't wear my makeup for any longer than 8 hours at a time and if I do happen to wear it longer I will just reapply in areas that need touching up. All in all I would say this is a good foundation for me. It doesn't bother my skin, is fairly "clean" ingredient wise, and is a perfect color match for me.

on 12/27/2013 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Oh how do I hate you Gabriel foundation!! let me count the ways.

I was really excited to try this foundation because my friend had recommended it to me and because my skin is so terribly sensitive that I welcome organic/natural cosmetics with open arms. Sadly, this missed the mark on a number of levels. The ONE good thing I will say is that my shade, Pale Ivory (the lightest), was a relatively decent match for my N15 skin. If you're any lighter and/or cooler than me, though.... You're out of luck. Also the coverage is decently medium.

OK, onto the bad. Firstly this makeup is packaged without a pump or anything, it's fragile, and it wastes a ton of product. Secondly, the texture of this stuff is just not good, even on my dry skin it just sits there like a weird, disgusting mask, and it leaves your skin with a lovely (ha) cake-y, grainy, "stale" finish. Yum! Love it! Even after I set it with powder the weird texture would not dissipate. It's largely a formulation of oils and clay so I can't imagine it's great for the pores either. It's difficult to blend. And overall, at the price ($28 at my Whole Foods but I've seen it as high as $45), it's just a total dud!!!

I'm so glad I got a sample instead of buying it on the spot.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I absolutely love this foundation. I got the color in Pale Ivory, as I'm very light and neutral, and it matched me perfectly. It's very smooth and a small amount goes such a long way. I naturally have a lot of pink in my cheeks and forehead, and it did such a good job at hiding this. It lasted all day, and my skin actually appears healthier now, after I've been wearing it for several weeks. I do tend to have drier skin, though, so I don't think it'd be so good on people with oilier skin. I would definitely recommend this, especially because they have such good colors for lighter skin, which is so difficult to find.

on 5/2/2013 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love this foundation! I have very light, sensitive skin that reacts to silicones, talc and many other things. This makeup has helped clear up my skin. It is hard to find a match, but so worth it if you can. I even bought two colors to mix because the benefits of healthy skin outweigh the difficulties with it. I wish the packaging was better, but again not a deal breaker. When I first bought this, I hated it because of the coverage it just wouldn't look right. However, I purchased the Sigma F80 after reading so many great reviews and tried it with this foundation and it the results are amazing. Many times I don't need concealer after applying it and a little bit goes a long way. Another thing I found that helps is to put a little on the back of my hand, stipple it on my brush then on my face rather than dabbing it on my skin and then stippling it out. It dries too fast that way. I also use the powder to set it. I've heard it compared to Mac, but a healthy alternative that is good for your skin. Definitely my HG.