Gabriel Moisturizing Liquid Foundation SPF 18

Gabriel Moisturizing Liquid Foundation SPF 18
Moisturizing Liquid Foundation SPF 18

3.9

Aqua (Infusion of Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice), Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Sorbitol, OenotheraBiennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Fruit Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Crithmum Maritimum (Sea Fennel) Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Limonene, Lecithin, Silica, Xanthan Gum, Kaolin, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Potassium Sorbate

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I have been using Gabriel foundation for several years. I change all my other cosmetics except this one! I love that it is highly rated by the Environmental Working Group data base for its lack of toxic ingredients. But mostly I love the way it covers and how natural it looks. I've tried various other natural foundations but they have problems and don't look good so I pay more than I'd like to and continue to re-buy Gabriel when I run out.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

My new favourite foundation! This ingredients in this are fantastic and is why I decided to purchase this. I use the shade Pale Ivory and it's one of the palest foundations I've ever used and it's a PERFECT match for my skin. I would say this is a medium coverage foundation. I wouldn't say buildable since it can get cakey real quick. I tried using this with my beauty blender but it didn't blend to my liking. I find that using this with a dense flat top blending brush is best or with your fingers. And you gotta work quickly because it dries down and sets quickly. This doesn't break me out and I believe this makes my skin look better when I wash off my makeup. I picked this up at my local Mother's Market.
Will be repurchasing and have recently bought the concealer and powder foundation from the same brand and will test those out ASAP :)

on 7/8/2016 5:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Finally, a SILICONE-FREE foundation that provides great coverage AND uses natural ingredients. The warm beige color matches my yellow undertones and is buildable, though the coverage is good with first application. Silicone can cause problems for skin and hair. It is used to create a "slippery and smooth" surface (think primers and hair balms), but in doing so it tends to waterproof the surface of the skin or hair shaft, trapping bacteria and sweat on the skin and building up residue on hair. There are a number of different silicones, including the most common dimethicone, and they can be difficult to remove. Thankfully, Gabriel is ahead of the game in providing consumers with silicone-free options for cosmetics. Thanks Gabriel!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I am very pleased with this foundation. I had a bad reaction to another foundation and decided I would try this when I swatched it at the store. It was not drying but it dried, set, and would not budge. I don't know how to explain it. It dries and sets quickly so you wouldn't think it was very moisturizing, but it is not drying. My skin is dry and flaky but I can use this with no issues. Lasts all day (with my pacifica primer) and has build able coverage. Like I said it dries quickly.....I so you must work quickly; I suggest working with small amounts in small areas building the coverage to your desire. I use my beauty blender and my skin looks wonderfully dewy. I believe this may be one of those foundations I hear you can wear with out powder. I brush a little powder over my concealer, but not too much anywhere else. My skin looks even and natural, but it does't feel like I have any foundation on, super light. Since I switched to this from the foundation I loved but broke me out, (see my Too Faced foundation review) my skin has cleared up tremendously. I only have a couple pimples that are still healing. Will definitely be buying more.

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This is a good match for a PPP. However it does not have good lasting power, at all. I put it on a clean face in the morning. The color match was good, but it was gone by 1 in the afternoon.

I love Gabriel cosmetics for making certified gluten-free cosmetics--but this is a pass.

on 2/25/2015 10:20:00 AM

I REALLY wanted to like this and was ready to make the complete switch over to have this be my every day. I have been a longtime Estee Lauder Double Wear fan but since becoming a mom I have switched almost all my products to natural based. I got the Light Pale one, upon application with a dense stippling brush the coverage seemed great, surprisingly matte, the match for the colour seemed great. After about an hour though I was very oily in my T zone and then my usual dry patches looked extra flaky.

Disappointed as I really was gunning for a win here.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

After years of using name brand foundation, I found myself with breakouts suddenly and realized that the company recently changed its formula and my skin just could not handle the new ingredients. I have fair, sensitive skin with early-onset mild rosacea and needed something that wouldn't aggravate my skin while covering up the redness. I found this foundation at a natural foods store and decided to give it a go since it was certified gluten-free (I have Celiac disease) and was mostly natural ingredients. I bought Pale Ivory. Though the price tag was hideous, I'm glad I bought it. It is moderate coverage and goes on smooth. I like that it has a matte appearance when applied as some foundations give my skin an oily look. I used to have to use powder to get rid of the shine, but I don't have to worry about that with this foundation. It makes my face feel silky and doesn't clog my pores. My old foundation would "sit" on my skin and cause my face to itch. I feel like I can wear this foundation all day with no irritation and it washes off easily with mild soap and water. Though the price is overkill, I will continue to buy this as long as it doesn't irritate my skin. I wish, however, that it had a pump-top instead of being open since it would keep the product more sterile and away from bacteria.

on 12/13/2014 2:58:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

After a long and tedious battle with my skin, I came to the realization that my skin can't handle anything that isn't mostly natural. Which at first seemed like a huge bummer, but is actually a blessing in disguise knowing that the cosmetic industry has very little to no regulations on the plethora of toxic chemicals they can put in their products. But I digress. I purchased this foundation in pale ivory from a whole foods store. Although a bit pricey ($25) the color matched me perfectly so I decided to try it out. I'd say this foundation gives you a light-medium coverage and is definitely buildable. It has been a bit tricky trying to find out an application method that works for me though as it is a bit difficult to blend. It sets pretty fast, and goes on a bit streaky. What I've found works for me is I use a stippling brush to apply my first layer. After it dries, I use my beauty blender for additional coverage and that pretty much solves that issue. It seems like it does dry my skin out a tad, meaning it will cling to my dry patches and look a bit cakey towards the end of the day even though I don't necessarily have dry skin. This isn't a huge issue for me as I usually don't wear my makeup for any longer than 8 hours at a time and if I do happen to wear it longer I will just reapply in areas that need touching up. All in all I would say this is a good foundation for me. It doesn't bother my skin, is fairly "clean" ingredient wise, and is a perfect color match for me.

on 12/27/2013 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Oh how do I hate you Gabriel foundation!! let me count the ways.

I was really excited to try this foundation because my friend had recommended it to me and because my skin is so terribly sensitive that I welcome organic/natural cosmetics with open arms. Sadly, this missed the mark on a number of levels. The ONE good thing I will say is that my shade, Pale Ivory (the lightest), was a relatively decent match for my N15 skin. If you're any lighter and/or cooler than me, though.... You're out of luck. Also the coverage is decently medium.

OK, onto the bad. Firstly this makeup is packaged without a pump or anything, it's fragile, and it wastes a ton of product. Secondly, the texture of this stuff is just not good, even on my dry skin it just sits there like a weird, disgusting mask, and it leaves your skin with a lovely (ha) cake-y, grainy, "stale" finish. Yum! Love it! Even after I set it with powder the weird texture would not dissipate. It's largely a formulation of oils and clay so I can't imagine it's great for the pores either. It's difficult to blend. And overall, at the price ($28 at my Whole Foods but I've seen it as high as $45), it's just a total dud!!!

I'm so glad I got a sample instead of buying it on the spot.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I absolutely love this foundation. I got the color in Pale Ivory, as I'm very light and neutral, and it matched me perfectly. It's very smooth and a small amount goes such a long way. I naturally have a lot of pink in my cheeks and forehead, and it did such a good job at hiding this. It lasted all day, and my skin actually appears healthier now, after I've been wearing it for several weeks. I do tend to have drier skin, though, so I don't think it'd be so good on people with oilier skin. I would definitely recommend this, especially because they have such good colors for lighter skin, which is so difficult to find.