Neutrogena Combination Skin Moisture Oil Free

3.5

Purified Water, Cyclomethicone, Cetyl Octanoate, Glycerin, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Stearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Acrylates Copolymer, Lysine Carboxymethyl Cystinate, Lysine Thiazolidine Carboxylate, Tocopherol, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Benzalkonium Chloride.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I'm pretty happy with this moisturizer. The high points are that it comes in a hygienic pump bottle, the price point is quite affordable, and it's free of harsh alcohols, petrolatum, and fragrance. It does, however, contain parabens. And although Neutrogena claims it's oil-free, it contains silicones (cyclomethicone & dimethicone) which are oils in my opinion. I have to be careful to avoid using the moisturizer on the oilier parts of my face as the 'cones may clog my pores. So it's not my HG moisturizer but is a decent buy while I try other options.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

I will say off the bat I think this clogs my pores. I keep waking up with congestion when I use it, and end up having to go back to my trustworthy night cream standby: Vanicream Light lotion. Its annoying because local stores stopped carrying Vanicream. I will have to buy online. I refuse to be without that stuff as a standby to go back to everytime a new product I try fails. Ideally, I want a good portion of my makeup and skincare to be drugstore, because they are affordable and accessible. I don't want to buy overpriced products I feel stingy and precious about using. I have to apply sunscreen and moisturizer liberally.

This is a light lotion texture. Its very effective at keeping my compromised oily skin moisturized overnight and throughout the day. Wears great under makeup. Its fragrance-free. It comes with a pump! I'ts not shiny, oily or drying. I apply it on damp skin by itself, or over 98%aloe vera, or a hydrating serum.

I won't repurchase ONLY because im extremely acne prone. I would recommend this to anyone with normal to oily skin to TRY, because its simple, not offensive, and does its job at a great price. Its totally worth trying. Gave it 3 stars because it only has some vit e and glycerin, and no other antioxidants or skin replenishing ingredients.

I have combination skin and whiteheads, blackheads, and sometimes small-ish papules/pustules. I've had my moderate acne for 3 years (genetic and hormonal, but maybe other factors played a part?). I live a pretty dry place. I wear glasses, so I had small whiteheads/blackheads where nose pads are on my nose, and the bottom of the frame touches my cheeks. I don't wear makeup, and my skincare regimen WAS Biore Charcoal Cleanser, Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturizer, then when I felt like it I used dabs of tea tree oil, aloe vera gel, and Clean & Clear Invisible Blemish Treatment -- some of the products may have been expired by a year or two.

I switched to this moisturizer because I ran out of my Clean & Clear Dual Action one which did nothing to my skin, around my nose/mouth got dry/slightly flaky, and my sister recommended this moisturizer (it worked for her, she's in her early twenties, so it may work for you, idk).

I was also changing my lifestyle (8 cups water, limit dairy intake, be healthy, etc), though my skin breaks out easily from unhealthy foods which I did sometimes binge on. Maybe that played a part but I'm still not happy with this moisturizer.

For the first few days of usage, it was the the holy grail. I had no papules/pustules, barely any whiteheads or blackheads, and my skin was the clearest it had been in the 3 years I've had my moderate acne. But then everything went downhill. Around my nose/mouth became more dry/flaky, and my skin seemed dehydrated/dry but was still oily. I got more papules/pustules than usual, and my skin quality was bad. And it still isn't, even though I switched moisturizers and cleansers, and now am doing the caveman regimen:(

If you have OILY SKIN PLEASE USE THIS. This moisturizer works wonder on my t-zone. It kinda absorbs the oiliness on my skin and makes my skin looks matte. It not sticky and i can wear it alone with no makeup on because it feels so comfortable on the skin. It has a prime type of textures and feels if you know what I mean.

But the downside is, it doesn't moisture my dry skin. I feel like there is not enough moisture to cover up my dry skin and makes my skins flaky and even drier. So I'm not going to use this for my dry area.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This oil free moisturizer meant for combination skin comes in a 118mL pump. Purchased at Wal-Mart in Canada for on sale for 5.99. Claims to " normalize combination skin by moisturizing dry areas while removing shine in oily areas for softer, smoother skin".

I found this moisturizer was light yet had a bit of a waxy feel on the skin. It has no scent and spreads well on the face. It stung my face when applying right after washing with a cream cleanser and doesn't do much for my sometimes dry skin. However, I did find it reduced the oilyness around my t zone and cheeks and does smooth the skin. Due to the waxy feel I just don't reach for it that often. If you have oily skin that is not sensitive this may work for you .

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

The only thing that i always come back to . i have been using this off and on for 5 years.

before i even bought this product i did a lot of researches about this moisturisers and most of the reviews were really good but i recognised not everyone has the same skin type. a lot of people were gassing me up about this product because "neutrogena has really good products" but then i noticed it wasent the best for my type of skin what i would like to say is that this product made my t zone produce so much more oil and dried out my cheeks i was really excited at first but now am just like why did i even bother to purchase well i wouldnt say i shouldnt recommend this because not everyone has the same skin type but obviously its up to the person if they would want to purchase this.

This stuff is so strange - it's quite goopy and actually dries out my skin. I don't think it breaks me out but the dry feeling is not great and I definitely won't be purchasing this again.

I break out from almost everything. This is the only mosturizer which doesn't break me out.
Along with that not only it keeps my skin from getting dry in winters but also helps to keep my eczema in control. I agree with people who say it's not moisturizing enough. I've noticed this especially after my pregnancy when I've been breaking out with acne and eczema,at the same time. I felt this only shields my skin,doesn't mosturize. To combat that I've been using cucumber water underneath and this on top. Works like a charm :)

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I was looking a good moisturize for my oily skin (well cheek normal, oily T zone) I've been using this product for two weeks and everytime I use it I notice that my cheek are great, but the t zone get more oily, I don't think this products absorbes the oily of my face, too bad, don't make me break out or something, just my pizza face don't cooperate.

I'm going to finish this producto hoping something change but I don't think so, later, a new search for a good moisturize.