L.A. COLORS Lash Building Mascara

Price: $

Price: $

on 7/17/2013 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm a teenager so I'm on a budget. I love looking at the dollar store because you never know what you're going to find. I LOVE this mascara because it really lengthens and it adds a tiny bit of thickness. This is perfect for school because it makes your lashed look so good but it doesn't look like it's a ton of mascara. I have used this for a year and I will definitely keep using it!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Ok so this mascara isnt the greatest mascara ever but i think its great for certain purposes so i think ill def keep one around while they make it!
~~PRICE/AVAILABILITY~~
The LA Colors Lash Building Mascara can be found in most Dollar Tree, Family Dollar, Dollar General stores as well as online on the la colors site & cherryculture. It will vary depending on your area. The price is great- $1!! yes. My opinion would be different if i paid more than $3 for this since i think its well worth a $1 but not much more.
~~SHADE/FORMULA/PERFORMANCE~~
The LA Colors Lash Building Mascara according to their website "Lash Building mascara is specially formulated to volumize lashes. Special applicator brush separates each lash without clumping." I think this mascara is great for a nice natural look. I dont find that it holds curl or lifts but it does add slight definition & a tiny bit of volume. Thats why i like this if im looking for a more natural look. I def think those with naturally long & thick lashes would like this better. If you are looking for major volume & length, this wont work. This is a great mascara for topping those other mascaras i have that are too thin/wet since it helps set & unclump my lashes. My lashes are super long & sometimes i just want slight definiton. This does just that. The color is black. Its black but not super black like some. I think this formula is in the middle. Not too wet or dry. It does compare to the Elf $1 mascara but the brush is alot better in this one. The brush is a nice thick bristled brush. It coats the lashes nicely. You can def coat the lashes easily & never have had problems. I like the brush. I wish i could find all of the shades in my local stores. Bc i really do think this is a good basic everyday mascara. It does help the performance on others i have. The mascara does not clump or have any flakies throughout the day & is easily taken off with remover or wipes. (On their site, they have 5 available shades but i have only seen black & brown)
~~PACKAGING~~
The mascara comes in the standard hard plastic tubing. This one is a glossy black with white logo/labeling information. The wand twists on/off easily. The brush is great. The packaging is simple but does a good job. Havent had any problems. 0.25 fl oz of mascara which is the standard and i dont feel so bad throwing out a $1 mascara as much as i do with those that cost more. Since its suggested we throw out our mascaras every 3 months due to contamination/bacteria- this one is great to have around & get a new one.
Overall, this is either going to be a good or bad mascara for you. It all depends on your lashes & what you like in the mascara. I like this since i dont need a whole lot. I def will repurchase, Hope to find some more colors! CRUELTY FREE MAKEUP at an affordable price, love la colors!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

this is just meh, thats all i can say about this.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This mascara is alright :) I like my eyelashes to be big and dramatic, but this mascara just made them a bit longer and thicker. I use it time to time, but overall it's a normal mascara. I probably wouldn't buy this again unless I was in desperate need of mascara :)

on 1/13/2011 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I've only used this a couple times, so I may be updating this again if things change. So far, though, I have to say I'm pretty impressed. I bought this on a whim at Dollar Tree since I'm hunting for a good, simple day to day mascara. It goes on nicely, and gives a nice "my lashes but better" look. It isn't incredibly volumizing or lengthening, but it does enough to notice a bit of a difference. It hasn't gotten flaky while I've worn it. I wish the tube were the size of a normal mascara instead of a mini, but if that's the worst I can say about it, that's pretty darn good in my book.

I wasn't expecting much from this, considering I bought it for $2, but I actually like it a lot. It doesn't clump at all, unlike a lot of drugstore mascaras that cost five times as much. The downside is that it's a little watery (which is probably why there's no clumping) and doesn't thicken that well. It looked much better after I applied a second coat and blotted, though. And it lengthens really well. Overall I was really pleased - definitely worth the $2, and I'll be repurchasing in the future.