L.A. COLORS Lash Building Mascara

No Image

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

I was expecting so much from this, I saw the brush and was like 'this is a winner' but the formula is so wet that it takes forever to build the volume!! I love the navy colour and the price is fab but I wouldn't purchase this again, it doesn't offer much but colour.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Ok so this mascara isnt the greatest mascara ever but i think its great for certain purposes so i think ill def keep one around while they make it!
~~PRICE/AVAILABILITY~~
The LA Colors Lash Building Mascara can be found in most Dollar Tree, Family Dollar, Dollar General stores as well as online on the la colors site & cherryculture. It will vary depending on your area. The price is great- $1!! yes. My opinion would be different if i paid more than $3 for this since i think its well worth a $1 but not much more.
~~SHADE/FORMULA/PERFORMANCE~~
The LA Colors Lash Building Mascara according to their website "Lash Building mascara is specially formulated to volumize lashes. Special applicator brush separates each lash without clumping." I think this mascara is great for a nice natural look. I dont find that it holds curl or lifts but it does add slight definition & a tiny bit of volume. Thats why i like this if im looking for a more natural look. I def think those with naturally long & thick lashes would like this better. If you are looking for major volume & length, this wont work. This is a great mascara for topping those other mascaras i have that are too thin/wet since it helps set & unclump my lashes. My lashes are super long & sometimes i just want slight definiton. This does just that. The color is black. Its black but not super black like some. I think this formula is in the middle. Not too wet or dry. It does compare to the Elf $1 mascara but the brush is alot better in this one. The brush is a nice thick bristled brush. It coats the lashes nicely. You can def coat the lashes easily & never have had problems. I like the brush. I wish i could find all of the shades in my local stores. Bc i really do think this is a good basic everyday mascara. It does help the performance on others i have. The mascara does not clump or have any flakies throughout the day & is easily taken off with remover or wipes. (On their site, they have 5 available shades but i have only seen black & brown)
~~PACKAGING~~
The mascara comes in the standard hard plastic tubing. This one is a glossy black with white logo/labeling information. The wand twists on/off easily. The brush is great. The packaging is simple but does a good job. Havent had any problems. 0.25 fl oz of mascara which is the standard and i dont feel so bad throwing out a $1 mascara as much as i do with those that cost more. Since its suggested we throw out our mascaras every 3 months due to contamination/bacteria- this one is great to have around & get a new one.
Overall, this is either going to be a good or bad mascara for you. It all depends on your lashes & what you like in the mascara. I like this since i dont need a whole lot. I def will repurchase, Hope to find some more colors! CRUELTY FREE MAKEUP at an affordable price, love la colors!

on 1/13/2011 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I've only used this a couple times, so I may be updating this again if things change. So far, though, I have to say I'm pretty impressed. I bought this on a whim at Dollar Tree since I'm hunting for a good, simple day to day mascara. It goes on nicely, and gives a nice "my lashes but better" look. It isn't incredibly volumizing or lengthening, but it does enough to notice a bit of a difference. It hasn't gotten flaky while I've worn it. I wish the tube were the size of a normal mascara instead of a mini, but if that's the worst I can say about it, that's pretty darn good in my book.

on 6/11/2015 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

This is my HG mascara. I got it at K-mart with low expectations, and it has blown me away! It adds volume and length in a very natural-looking way. No clumping and it doesn't look like I'm wearing mascara! My only complaint is that the formula seems a bit dry and you have to dip the brush in multiple times for each eye to get enough product.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

WHAT A BARGAIN!!!!

This mascara is no more than $2 and it makes my lashes so glamorous!!

I guess I have an advantage though: my lashes are naturally long, to the point where I'm constantly asked if I'm wearing falsies.

Unfortunately they grow very funky........the lashes towards the end are halfway curled and the middle are straight down while the shortest lashes have a weak curl. And they're thin.

This mascara holds my curl and makes my lashes thick!!!!

The packaging is very basic and not flashy or anything so I like~

The brush might hold a problem to people because its very thick and a little hard to manuver but for my funky lashes, it was pretty easy!

LOVE IT~!