Tom Ford Black Orchid EDP

Tom Ford Black Orchid EDP
Black Orchid EDPBlack Orchid EDPBlack Orchid EDP

3.9

The top notes are French jasmine, black truffle, ylang-ylang, black currant and effervescent citrus. In the floral-spicy heart, dwells the Tom Ford's black orchid, imaginary more than real, and the base combines woodsy notes (patchouli and sandalwood), dark chocolate, incense, amber, vetiver, vanilla and balsam.

on 10/13/2017 10:12:00 AM

Awful. Just awful. Very strong and overpowering. Gave me a horrible headache within minutes of putting this on. There was no change in the scent from the initial spray to the drydown. It smelled the same. There was no other notes here but strong stinky florals. This smells like a cheap drugstore fragrance. This is way over priced for the cheap scent it has. If you are sensitive to strong scents, stay far away from this one. If this didn't have Tom Ford's name on it, and it was a cheap drugstore perfume from Walgreen's with the same exact scent, everyone would be bashing it. This smells very cheap, like a $1.00 scent at The Dollar Tree. This has got to be one of the strongest, worst smelling perfumes I've ever had the dishonor of smelling.

You'll typically find me wearing Prada's Infusion de Iris on a day to day bases. It's a soft almost powdery floral that smells clean and fresh, without the typical overwhelming flower smell most floral perfumes reek of. I think of it as the Jackie Kennedy of perfume, however, Black Orchid is more along the lines of the Marilyn Monroe of perfumes. Heady, rich, exotic, and a smell that oozes sex appeal. It's a natural earthy smell with remnants of patchouli, vetiver, and sandalwood once it dries down. The initial burst is strong (no more than one to two sprites required and it'll last all day) and is spicy with a punch of vanilla and musk. One of the most decadent smells along with my beloved TF Oud Wood or Tobacco Vanille. Black Orchid smells luxurious, sexy, and confidant. You'll be sure to get plenty of male attention. This feels to me like a going out perfume reserved for special occasions, or for when you just want to ooze a vibe of sexiness doing the most mundane of things.

on 4/5/2017 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have been excited for weeks to try this. Though I don't dislike it, it's not my favorite either.

I love the spicy, dark scent of YSL's Black Opium, and have read that many people compare this. I have to disagree. This perfume is like a punch in the face and you should apply only a drop or two at most. It is incredibly strong upon first application, to the point of nearly giving me a headache. It smells pungent, though not bad.

I find it hard to put my finger on it. I guess it's a dark musk that has an initial burst of sharp powder, which dries down slightly sweet. It's definitely a mature and confident scent - I would not wear this on the regular or in a crowded room. There is a certain mystery is the smell. It's not quite masculine or feminine.

I tried the toilette version in store and I think I liked it better, which is unusual for me as I typically hate any trace of alcohol in my scents. I'd rate the EDT version of this 4/5 because it is less harsh and a bit sweeter/more feminine and wearable.

Though not a scent I LOVE on myself, it will be a nice option to have around for when I want something more interesting. This is worth trying if you never have, just get a small bottle//sample.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I absolutely love this perfume! It smells sexy and earthy, and I just feel good when I have it on. It has quickly become my go-to!

on 10/25/2016 3:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Bottle looks classy and sophisticated, sadly the fragrance itself is not. This is a very loud, very strong scent, just like the other reviewer noticed its very 80s. Reminds me of scents my aunts used to wear, their big bouffant hair and shoulder pads. Not for me.

This is pure sex in a bottle. It's a gorgeous, unique, warm scent. Definitely not for the faint of heart or for those sensitive to smell. This is my signature "going out" perfume. Every time I wear it I get compliments. Plus the scent lingers for ages! On bare skin it lasts anywhere between 24-48 hours and on clothes, scarves, etc I've had it last up to 3 days. I was lucky enough to have this gifted to me, but when I do run out I will repurchase!

on 3/5/2016 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my go-to perfume for evenings and special occasions. It is soooo beautiful, makes me feel very womanly (and dare I say it, sexy!) Yes, it is expensive but I really do think it's so worth it. Every time I wear it I receive lots of compliments. I layer it with the body lotion. Go on, treat yourself!

on 3/10/2016 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I must have been built upside down: I cannot, CANNOT stand this during winter.
In the heat though, this über heavy hitter takes on quite the novel approach... At least to my nose.
First, do not strain your nose looking for the orchid note: orchids give off almost no scent.
Methinks the misogynistic jerk and uncontested marketing genius who launched this frag chose its name purely because at the time, orchid was "the next big thing", right alongside with the "noir" angle.

So what does it smell like?
It's sweaty and heavy breathing from start to finish.
The amalgam of patchouli, truffle and animalic notes, threaded throughout with white flowers which are only there to provide a splash of contrast in all that noir theme is, to me, in league with Asian art: it's a very graphic scent.

And it is one of the ultra rare perfumes that I can wear in dry summer heat without having it evaporate and disappear.
I love to spray it LIGHTLY on a rayon scarf (no more than one quick spray a foot away) and use a couple of dabs on my neck (I always decant into a vial, I hate spraying perfume on skin, it's always overkill).

The result is a dark spiral of deep, mysterious scent with a super charged sexual aura because after all, it is a Tom Ford.

Whatever you do, DO NOT over apply this one:
If you do, you will get choked by a dozen pairs of greasy, hairy, shweddy balls at rush hour in a crowded elevator headed straight for hell.

But applied sparingly, Black Orchid is a trip through every dirty thought your mother prayed you'd never have, complete with the guilty side eye and roguish grin, set on an exotic stage of risqué and eyebrow raising fantasies.

Probably not the best choice for a meeting with a CEO who hasn't gotten any in decades, but definitely the one to pick when you want to make a lasting impression... Whatever that impression may be. 😜

on 3/29/2016 5:01:00 PM

The perfect perfume, I literally don't want to use anything else, the smell is amazing and it lasts all day. You only need a small amount. Something I will definitely be repurchasing. I work as a receptionist and I get so many complements.

I love this perfume. I defientley think this is my go to scent and always will be. Nothing compares. Everytime I use it I smell Amazing. My fiancé also loves it. He complements me everytime I use it.

A blend of black truffle and ylang mingled with fresh bergamot and blackcurrant makes this perfume warm spicy and sweet.

It is long lasting and very strong so a small amount goes a long way.
It is slightly pricey but worth every penny.

Defientley worth investing in.

Popular Fragrances