Tom Ford Black Orchid EDP

Tom Ford Black Orchid EDP
Black Orchid EDPBlack Orchid EDPBlack Orchid EDP

3.8

The top notes are French jasmine, black truffle, ylang-ylang, black currant and effervescent citrus. In the floral-spicy heart, dwells the Tom Ford's black orchid, imaginary more than real, and the base combines woodsy notes (patchouli and sandalwood), dark chocolate, incense, amber, vetiver, vanilla and balsam.

on 12/20/2017 5:59:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Oh my goodness. I tried to like it, I did, but this fragrance is simply trying too hard. I can see a very bold, very vampish woman using this and pulling it off, but let's be real most of us aren't her. It's only wearable if you're dressed to look congruent with what this fragrance throws.

Far too masculine for my taste. I powered through the opening notes (very spicy, heady floral). I sniffed for chocolate, and I'm one of those who can't pick it up. I read another reviewer say she sniffed desperately for chocolate and smelled nothing but dog crap. Alas, me too, and soon I felt ill as it was the only thing I could smell. Total scrubber for me.

Please don't blind buy, this is a very powerful fragrance that can only be pulled off by special people. This was the signature of Michael Jackson, so let that speak for itself as to what type of personality, presence, and IDGAF you need.

on 12/5/2017 11:01:00 AM

The smell was nice, but a little to musky and heavy for me.

on 10/13/2017 10:12:00 AM

Awful. Just awful. Very strong and overpowering. Gave me a horrible headache within minutes of putting this on. There was no change in the scent from the initial spray to the drydown. It smelled the same. There was no other notes here but strong stinky florals. This smells like a cheap drugstore fragrance. This is way over priced for the cheap scent it has. If you are sensitive to strong scents, stay far away from this one. If this didn't have Tom Ford's name on it, and it was a cheap drugstore perfume from Walgreen's with the same exact scent, everyone would be bashing it. This smells very cheap, like a $1.00 scent at The Dollar Tree. This has got to be one of the strongest, worst smelling perfumes I've ever had the dishonor of smelling.

You'll typically find me wearing Prada's Infusion de Iris on a day to day bases. It's a soft almost powdery floral that smells clean and fresh, without the typical overwhelming flower smell most floral perfumes reek of. I think of it as the Jackie Kennedy of perfume, however, Black Orchid is more along the lines of the Marilyn Monroe of perfumes. Heady, rich, exotic, and a smell that oozes sex appeal. It's a natural earthy smell with remnants of patchouli, vetiver, and sandalwood once it dries down. The initial burst is strong (no more than one to two sprites required and it'll last all day) and is spicy with a punch of vanilla and musk. One of the most decadent smells along with my beloved TF Oud Wood or Tobacco Vanille. Black Orchid smells luxurious, sexy, and confidant. You'll be sure to get plenty of male attention. This feels to me like a going out perfume reserved for special occasions, or for when you just want to ooze a vibe of sexiness doing the most mundane of things.

This is pure sex in a bottle. It's a gorgeous, unique, warm scent. Definitely not for the faint of heart or for those sensitive to smell. This is my signature "going out" perfume. Every time I wear it I get compliments. Plus the scent lingers for ages! On bare skin it lasts anywhere between 24-48 hours and on clothes, scarves, etc I've had it last up to 3 days. I was lucky enough to have this gifted to me, but when I do run out I will repurchase!

on 4/5/2017 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have been excited for weeks to try this. Though I don't dislike it, it's not my favorite either.

I love the spicy, dark scent of YSL's Black Opium, and have read that many people compare this. I have to disagree. This perfume is like a punch in the face and you should apply only a drop or two at most. It is incredibly strong upon first application, to the point of nearly giving me a headache. It smells pungent, though not bad.

I find it hard to put my finger on it. I guess it's a dark musk that has an initial burst of sharp powder, which dries down slightly sweet. It's definitely a mature and confident scent - I would not wear this on the regular or in a crowded room. There is a certain mystery is the smell. It's not quite masculine or feminine.

I tried the toilette version in store and I think I liked it better, which is unusual for me as I typically hate any trace of alcohol in my scents. I'd rate the EDT version of this 4/5 because it is less harsh and a bit sweeter/more feminine and wearable.

Though not a scent I LOVE on myself, it will be a nice option to have around for when I want something more interesting. This is worth trying if you never have, just get a small bottle//sample.

on 10/25/2016 3:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Bottle looks classy and sophisticated, sadly the fragrance itself is not. This is a very loud, very strong scent, just like the other reviewer noticed its very 80s. Reminds me of scents my aunts used to wear, their big bouffant hair and shoulder pads. Not for me.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I absolutely love this perfume! It smells sexy and earthy, and I just feel good when I have it on. It has quickly become my go-to!

I love this perfume. I defientley think this is my go to scent and always will be. Nothing compares. Everytime I use it I smell Amazing. My fiancé also loves it. He complements me everytime I use it.

A blend of black truffle and ylang mingled with fresh bergamot and blackcurrant makes this perfume warm spicy and sweet.

It is long lasting and very strong so a small amount goes a long way.
It is slightly pricey but worth every penny.

Defientley worth investing in.

on 3/29/2016 5:01:00 PM

The perfect perfume, I literally don't want to use anything else, the smell is amazing and it lasts all day. You only need a small amount. Something I will definitely be repurchasing. I work as a receptionist and I get so many complements.

Popular Fragrances