Tom Ford Black Orchid EDP

Tom Ford Black Orchid EDP
image 1image 2image 3

3.9

The top notes are French jasmine, black truffle, ylang-ylang, black currant and effervescent citrus. In the floral-spicy heart, dwells the Tom Ford's black orchid, imaginary more than real, and the base combines woodsy notes (patchouli and sandalwood), dark chocolate, incense, amber, vetiver, vanilla and balsam.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I absolutely love this perfume! It smells sexy and earthy, and I just feel good when I have it on. It has quickly become my go-to!

I love this perfume. I defientley think this is my go to scent and always will be. Nothing compares. Everytime I use it I smell Amazing. My fiancé also loves it. He complements me everytime I use it.

A blend of black truffle and ylang mingled with fresh bergamot and blackcurrant makes this perfume warm spicy and sweet.

It is long lasting and very strong so a small amount goes a long way.
It is slightly pricey but worth every penny.

Defientley worth investing in.

To Read all 114 Reviews, Login or Join

on 3/29/2016 5:01:00 PM

The perfect perfume, I literally don't want to use anything else, the smell is amazing and it lasts all day. You only need a small amount. Something I will definitely be repurchasing. I work as a receptionist and I get so many complements.

on 3/10/2016 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I must have been built upside down: I cannot, CANNOT stand this during winter.
In the heat though, this über heavy hitter takes on quite the novel approach... At least to my nose.
First, do not strain your nose looking for the orchid note: orchids give off almost no scent.
Methinks the misogynistic jerk and uncontested marketing genius who launched this frag chose its name purely because at the time, orchid was "the next big thing", right alongside with the "noir" angle.

So what does it smell like?
It's sweaty and heavy breathing from start to finish.
The amalgam of patchouli, truffle and animalic notes, threaded throughout with white flowers which are only there to provide a splash of contrast in all that noir theme is, to me, in league with Asian art: it's a very graphic scent.

And it is one of the ultra rare perfumes that I can wear in dry summer heat without having it evaporate and disappear.
I love to spray it LIGHTLY on a rayon scarf (no more than one quick spray a foot away) and use a couple of dabs on my neck (I always decant into a vial, I hate spraying perfume on skin, it's always overkill).

The result is a dark spiral of deep, mysterious scent with a super charged sexual aura because after all, it is a Tom Ford.

Whatever you do, DO NOT over apply this one:
If you do, you will get choked by a dozen pairs of greasy, hairy, shweddy balls at rush hour in a crowded elevator headed straight for hell.

But applied sparingly, Black Orchid is a trip through every dirty thought your mother prayed you'd never have, complete with the guilty side eye and roguish grin, set on an exotic stage of risqué and eyebrow raising fantasies.

Probably not the best choice for a meeting with a CEO who hasn't gotten any in decades, but definitely the one to pick when you want to make a lasting impression... Whatever that impression may be. 😜

on 3/5/2016 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my go-to perfume for evenings and special occasions. It is soooo beautiful, makes me feel very womanly (and dare I say it, sexy!) Yes, it is expensive but I really do think it's so worth it. Every time I wear it I receive lots of compliments. I layer it with the body lotion. Go on, treat yourself!

on 2/24/2016 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I love this perfume.Smell like nothing you Smell before,powerful,strong and sweet .lovely fragance and very unique.

on 2/15/2016 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I almost never write perfume reviews as I'm awful at identifying notes but this might just be MY perfume. I fell in love with it and couldn't and still can't stop smelling my wrists. One small spray is all that's needed, after 1 hr it feels like a skin perfume, very cozy and amazing. I wear it to bed as I sleep on my side and have my wrists close to my nose. I wear it to the office, heck I just woke up today on my day off and I'm wearing it in my pajamas. Love love love.

on 2/5/2016 12:50:00 PM

I received a sample of this EDP from Sephora. It reminds me of the perfumes which were popular in the 80s - it's loud and in-your-face. I generally love the category of oriental fragrances (the ambers, the oudhs, the spicy, woodsy, leathery and even the floral orientals, even though I'm not a fan of florals per se) but I prefer perfumes which are sophisticated, which draw me in and seduce me, rather than those which clobber me over the head. Black Orchid somehow smells cheap (and yes, I know how expensive it is!).

on 1/29/2016 10:45:00 AM

can't tell if I like it...one thing for sure is that this scent is so strong! 2 sprays and I feel like I drenched myself in this all day. I like the whole "musky/woodsy/sandlewood" scents but I think you have to get used to to this scent because I find it very intense. I would defiantly try this out before buying

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Would be okay if scent wont dry down. Musky,woodsy,sexy the first 15 mins. But the dry down? It's like a dirty shirt in the hamper that smells exactly like a men's sweat! yuck

Popular Fragrances