Suncoat - Natural Sugar-based Mascara

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
 Suncoat - Natural Sugar-based Mascara

2.3

Water, kaolin clay, modified corn starch (natural sugar resin), iron oxide, vegetable glycerin, soya lecithin, citric acid, tocopherol, grapefruit seed extract

on 3/13/2011 7:41:00 PM

I tried Suncoat mascara because my eyes reacted quite badly to other mascaras. The product is quite good, does not irritate my eyes, and stays all day. It does not lenghten or volumise eyelashes, and can smudge a little.

The applicator could be better, always leaves a few clumps. However, I would recommend it to people with sensitive eyes and skin.

I bought this because I wanted a mascara with all natural ingredients. However, this is basically unusable because of the texture. It honestly feels like trying to put Elmer's craft glue on your lashes. It is that sticky and goopy.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

PROS:
- Moderate volume, length and curl
- Does not smudge or flake
- Does not irritate my sensitive eyes
- Washes off easily
- Traditional spoolie brush does not scratch eyes
- Well matched brush to wiper hole, dispenses the right amount onto the brush without having to wipe excess on a tissue
- Natural Preservative based on Grapefruit Extract
- Free of PVP (polyvinyl pyrrolidone polymer), acrylic copolymer, VA (vinyl acetate) polymer, Free of fragrance, paraben, alcohol and glycol
- Vegan

CONS:
- Super thick, sticky, heavy, clumps lashes horribly
- Needs so much time and effort separating lashes after application it feels like work (I use a clean spoolie brush or lash comb)
- Leaves tiny fibers sticking out sideways from the lashes that look a little silly
- Navy Blue shade is a dirty blue-black, not very blue and very muddy, unflattering

This mascara is not one of those you can just swipe and go. Without taking a lot of time to brush out the sticky clumps it looks so gross it is unwearable. I like the look this mascara brings with length, volume and curl but I just can't be bothered with having to separate out sticky lashes every time and the colored one just wasn't colored enough for me. For natural mascaras I prefer the "Living Nature Conditioning Mascara" which can be applied in seconds without work.

I ordered from Suncoat, online and it took about a week to get from Canada to me in New Zealand.