Suncoat - Natural Sugar-based Mascara

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
 Suncoat - Natural Sugar-based Mascara

Water, kaolin clay, modified corn starch (natural sugar resin), iron oxide, vegetable glycerin, soya lecithin, citric acid, tocopherol, grapefruit seed extract

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

This is a really good mascara! I don't know what's with the hate! There's a special way to apply this. You can't just do a sweeping motion because it doesn't give any results. You have to use a zig zag motion and then roll it up. That way gives beautifully long lashes with a nice curl. The curl stays the entire day, which I've never had with any other mascara! It's fully biodegradable and smells like sugar. :) I used to hate this mascara until I started applying this way. The only thing I wish is that the tube to be in a prettier packaging. Other than that, it's a great buy! Truly innovative product. Who knows what other natural source can make a good tube of mascara?

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

PROS:
- Moderate volume, length and curl
- Does not smudge or flake
- Does not irritate my sensitive eyes
- Washes off easily
- Traditional spoolie brush does not scratch eyes
- Well matched brush to wiper hole, dispenses the right amount onto the brush without having to wipe excess on a tissue
- Natural Preservative based on Grapefruit Extract
- Free of PVP (polyvinyl pyrrolidone polymer), acrylic copolymer, VA (vinyl acetate) polymer, Free of fragrance, paraben, alcohol and glycol
- Vegan

CONS:
- Super thick, sticky, heavy, clumps lashes horribly
- Needs so much time and effort separating lashes after application it feels like work (I use a clean spoolie brush or lash comb)
- Leaves tiny fibers sticking out sideways from the lashes that look a little silly
- Navy Blue shade is a dirty blue-black, not very blue and very muddy, unflattering

This mascara is not one of those you can just swipe and go. Without taking a lot of time to brush out the sticky clumps it looks so gross it is unwearable. I like the look this mascara brings with length, volume and curl but I just can't be bothered with having to separate out sticky lashes every time and the colored one just wasn't colored enough for me. For natural mascaras I prefer the "Living Nature Conditioning Mascara" which can be applied in seconds without work.

I ordered from Suncoat, online and it took about a week to get from Canada to me in New Zealand.