OPI Avojuice

No Image

3.8

on 7/24/2017 4:55:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I grabbed a peony and poppy scent because apparently it's being discontinued and it was on sale for half price.

I really enjoy the product. It delivers a ton of moisture and makes your hands feel great, dries down quickly and isn't greasy at all. The scent is strong (which I like, but others won't), and it smells floral, but not like "grandmother's bathroom" floral.

The regular price is a tad high for a hand lotion, but you also get a decent amount of product and the no greasy feeling and great scent make me more likely to reach for it over most of my other lotions. I'll definitely be looking at other scents, especially if I can find more on sale.

on 1/23/2014 7:38:00 PM

I used to be obsessed with these when I was around 18. I have owned probably all non holiday scents at one point or another but I haven't used these in about 7-8 years. I think back then I didnt really care if they moisturized... I was probably more concerned about the scent. I recently received the Crisp Apple scent as a gift and now that I am looking for moisture vs smell these days, I cant say that I love these. I feel the consistency is a little on the watery side, and while they smell amazing they don't do the greatest job on dry skin. I probably wont repurchase since I can get other lotions that smell amazing but that actually moisturize the skin.

on 12/11/2010 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I got a gift of two of these lotions from a friend and instantly fell in love with them!

These are so much better than Bath and Body Works lotions for scent and performance. They are easy to apply and absorb completely making them excellent to use during the day while working.

The scents are strong enough to smell but are not overpowering at all. They make my hands soft and smooth.

I wouldn't rely on these to moisturize my hands overnight, I need thicker, richer creams for that, but they are great for use during the day. I have them in Winter Huckleberry which is a light, fresh scent and in Caramel Cream which smells exactly like that without being obnoxious.

I will soon be buying more scents in full size bottles.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got a cute pump bottle of this in Hibiscus Blossum as a gift. The formula is just so/so for me. It is winter right now so my skin tends to be dry like most people I think. I slather this on my hands and arms and even though I feel a silky film on my skin it doesn't do anything for the look of the dryness. For instance my hands look dry and crackly as if I didn't apply anything. The formula takes a bit longer than my usual Suave to sink in. It does leave a very nice flowery fruit smell that is strong at first but fades after a little while. I think there are better formulas of lotion out there than this for the season. This would be better during the summer time I think but then the fact that it takes longer to sink in than my Suave HG would deter me. I wouldnt go buy this myself. I definatley need a lotion more moisturizing than this and that sinks in faster than this.

on 3/2/2013 8:54:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is the best consistency for a hand lotion and absorbs super quickly but the real dealbreaker is that every single one I've had (coconut melon, caramel cream and I also tried a few other testers which seemed like they might have this characteristic too) have had this seriously rank note behind the delicious scent. It is really off-putting (once you notice it you'll never stop noticing it) and I won't be getting any more after I finish my pump bottle of caramel cream juicie. Perhaps it was because they were the older bottles with the older graphics but that's still no excuse (do they degrade after a year or so then?).