Frutique-Papaya Enzyme exfoliating gel

Frutique-Papaya Enzyme exfoliating gel

4.4

Water (Aqua, Eau), PEG-8 Glycerin, Ricinoleamidopropyl, Ethyldimonium, Ethosulfate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate, Crosspolymer, Acer Saccharinum (Sugar Maple) Extract Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum(Lemon) Fruit Extract, Vaccinum Myrtillus Extract, Papain, Glycolic Acid ,Salicylic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Ethylene Brassylat, Fragrance (Parfum), Benzyl Salicylate, Citral Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal Limonene, Linalool, Benzyl Alcohol Benzoic Acid, Benzethonium Chloride, Dehydroacetic Acid Phenoxyethanol

This product really works. It's funny, because when I read the reviews that the balls of skin coming off are gel it makes me wonder what science could possibly have told them this.

My experience with this exfoliator has always been amazing. It removes my brown sun spots after only a few weeks, many after only a few times of using it. It smoothed my face beyond any product (microderm abrasion included) or peel I have ever had on my face, and it prepares my skin for my other products like moisturizers and makeup unbelievably. My skin is always more supple.... More plumped...

Can't deny or mistake the BROWN SPOTS BEING GONE. No argument, no guessing, no microscope looking (wanna be scientists here). They are simply gone.

Can't beat the price, just wish it were locally sold again at our local Sally's locations. The only downfall to this step is the amount of time it takes and thorough removal of the product and your skin. I get lazy and quit for weeks... Then off with the sun spots again...

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is a very neat product. I could have sworn I reviewed this ages ago. I had to buy it off Amazon after my local Sally Beauty quit carrying it. I haven't used it in a while because I have a million other products to review. But I'm going to start using it again now that I actually have flaky skin from retinoids (occasionally) for it to remove. A poster on skincare board reminded me about this and noted that they use the Cure gel to remove their flakes. That is another popular option.

Something I noted about this product is that my skin seemed less inflamed after using it. That seems to conflict with science though as glycolic acid (which is in this) increases redness with bloodflow at the surface. So I do not know why I noticed this with every use. I guess I should just be happy. I tried other products with enzymes to see if they also soothed my redness but I did not experience any additional relief.

A lot of people say the little balls are strictly dead skin. I'm sorry but I honestly believe most of that is the gel itself. Yes, it gets off little bits of skin. But after inspecting it with a magnifying glass, it didnt appear to be a lump of just dead skin cells. I could see the gel formula in it. Also it would not make sense them to be just the dead skin, as this physically removes them when you go to rub the skin. Note: The chemical exfoliator in this should "eat up" some of that dead skin but it won't all be gone within minutes, this product definitely involves manual exfoliation. It is a LOT gentler than any scrub I've tried. The only irritation I've noticed is when the gel gets caught on facial hair. Ouch.

To Read all 42 Reviews, Login or Join

This claims to be an enzyme exfoliator with glycolic acid, but I am not sure if glycolic acid works in just 30 seconds. Some people say the balling up is due to the product formula, not to the dead skin coming off. The truth is that if you work this gel on the skin for more than 60 seconds your skin will get irritated. It is true that if you have peach fuzz it will cling to it and you will have to remove it rubbing your skin with a washcloth and warm water. Your skin might look patchy after the exfoliation and you will have to moisturize a lot. In conclusion, The application is such a mess and you can have the same results by washing your skin with a washcloth.

on 4/26/2015 12:32:00 PM

Loved this product for quite some time! Sometimes when I buy it, it's old, too long on the shelf. Only complaint is if you don't use it quickly it gets too thick! Still works fine just harder to use.No longer carried at Sally Beauty Supply . :-(

on 4/6/2015 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I e had this for a couple months and after reading some negative reviews, and few unimpressive uses stopped using it until I got patches of dry skin I couldn't get rid of. I thought wth might as well try this again...and THEN I was impressed, not only did my foundation go on so smoothly but it was KAT VON D which is really thick
Full coverage that if not prepped perfectly ure face will be caked out! I feel the 14$ bucks is a GREAT deal especially since u get such a large amt. I have super quick cell turn over rate on my face...it's not possible to wear foundation everyday unless I exfoliate, so if this works this well for me...it's gotta be great for others.

on 10/17/2014 6:45:00 AM

This is a exfoliating gel without scrub particles its a gel that sticks to the deads skin. When applied to dry face and rubbed around the dead skin will just ball up. It is comparable to a popular japanese exfoliating gel. The only con is if your face has a lot of peach fuzz/hair it will stick to the hairs and hard to remove without using a face towel and fingers to pull the clumps off. Pulling the clumps off will yank some of the hairs off. If your hands have dead skin it will stick to your hands. Other than sticking to the hairs and annoying to remove it does work. After the skin has that squeaky feel and peeling flakey skin is gone. The face is slightly red from scrubbing with a towel and but it does go away. This is less harsh in terms that it doesn't contain large exfolating particles that can irritate and cause microfine cuts in the skin and leave your skin with red peeling flakey patches.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been reading a lot of reviews here so just to the people who aren't stuck on this product that's fine but keep in mind just because its not working for you doesn't mean it won't for other people. Myself like a lot of people stuffer with bad skin. I used the exfoliating gel and a few other products and after only one use my face is already improving!! My lumps are half their size and my scars are toned a little. I'm really impressed. For those who stated it dried their skin out I was told that would happen so I got the mask and the daily cream from fruitique as well! Good luck to anyone else I hope it works for you too!! :)

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I don't care what anybody says, I love this product. Believe me, I am very cynical when it comes to products and am not easily fooled. At first, I was a little skeptical when I bought this but even I have to admit that it works. Not all peeling gels are created equal and some are just bottles of junk. However, this one actually works.

This really exfoliates the skin. I've been using it for 6-8 months once or twice a week and have gotten very good results. It's a clear gel that smells of papaya enzymes, which has kind of a bitter scent. I wash my face, wait until it dries, then rub this on my face for about 30 seconds. In that short amount of time it thoroughly exfoliates my skin, believe it or not. Afterwards, my skin is glowing and very smooth. It has never irritated my skin or broken me out.

It's not the product balling up; it's dead skin. How do I know this? Well, I did a little experiment. I tested it on the back of my hand. The skin on my hands was very dry and really needed to be exfoliated. I used one pump on the back of my hands, massaged it in and of course TONS of dead skin came off. Okay, I rinsed, dried and repeated the process. Guess what? No dead skin the second time around! The product didn't "ball" up; it just turned to liquid. If it was the product itself balling up, then why didn't it happen the second time? You see, it only exfoliates DEAD skin cells. You can't over exfoliate with this product and that's why I love it so much. I highly recommend it to anyone, especially those with sensitive skin.

on 10/23/2013 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Don't get fooled like I did. This is not exfoliating your dead skin .Got sucked into buying this because of reading reviews on Japanese cleaners. I thought " Wow, day after day, more dead skin off. "Then I looked at Chemists Corner for information about these formulations and how they work. They said its actually the formula ingredients balling up on your skin ( the reaction takes place on skin only, not counters or books or anywhere else you try and rub it) but consumers like to believe its dead skin. Big fail.

on 10/23/2013 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

FANTASTIC PRODUCT! Tried it last night. It's a very light watery gel. You put it on dry clean skin and rub in for 30 seconds and it instantly balls up your dead skin cells and takes them away. I rinsed it off very easily (don't know why the comments about it doesnt come off easilyl) and i felt my face. SMOOTHER THAN IT'S EVER BEEN. I have some chin acne and even smoothed that out. I also tried the Apricot Mask afterward. Two very very amazing products. It says to only use twice a week but i'm going to do it every other day and see what happens. My skin is very not sensitive. WOW! RUN OUT AND BUY THIS IMMEDIATELY! !!!!! If i could give this product 100 stars i would! It cost $10 with a coupon at Sally's. Amazing!

Popular Face Skincare Products