Maybelline Fit Me! Dewy/Hydrate and Smooth (formerly Fit Me)

Maybelline Fit Me! Dewy/Hydrate and Smooth (formerly Fit Me)

3.1

1919 reviews

(Active Ingredient : Octinoxate 7%), Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Propylparaben, Fragrance, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminium Hydroxide, PEG-9, Ethylparaben, Dipropylene Glycol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone /- (CI 77891/ Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)
This foundation has been renamed from Fit Me to Fit Me Dewy and Smooth

From Maybelline website March 11, 2015:

Fit Me foundation has a new look for its same great hydrating formula!
Hydrates, smoothes skin texture and matches natural tone for a luminous, seamless finish.
For Normal to Dry Skin. SPF 18*
*Excluding shades 330 and 360

Maybelline reviews, photos and discussion

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I'm so picky about foundations but I loove this one. It has medium coverage and is slightly buildable but not to full coverage. It lasts a long time too. I wore this all day while I was out and about and even took a nap. When I woke up it was still looking amazing.

on 9/3/2017 3:50:00 AM

Perfect coverage for me. I apply with a large foundation brush over primer. Wish it came w a pump.

This foundation sadly does not seem to be working well for me. I've used on at least 4 different days and each time, I end up with little breakouts on my face. My skin generally is not overly sensitive so I'm not sure what it is about this product my skin doesn't like.

I love the way it looks when first applied, dewy and glowy and fresh. Natural looking coverage. But after a couple hours my skin looks oily/greasy so I've found that a powder is necessary with this foundation. It does seem to oxidize a little bit near the end of the day too.

The coverage is nice, price is right (around $6 on Amazon, is where I got it), but unfortunately I can't deal with these breakouts so I'll have to move on to something else.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I bought this foundation because it is so hyped up among the beauty bloggers on YouTube. Since I have dry skin, I bought the Dewy + Smooth Foundation in the shade 330 Toffee. It' is smooth but not that dewy. I see a lot of reviews that say this foundation is very dewy but in my case it is not. It's a subtle glow on my skin probably because I am very dry. I tried it with different primers and it works well with all. I used Wet n Wild Coverall Primer, Elf Hydrating Primer and Smashbox Pore Minimizing Primer. The formula is thin and it doesn't look cakey. I wanted to test the coverage, so I did it on my mom, who has dull skin, freckles, and some blemishes. It covered up most of it, it is a medium coverage and I can build it up to a medium to full at the most, and it doesn't get cakey. It applies well with both of brush and a makeup sponge. The lasting power is okay but not amazing. It last about 4-5 hours on me. On hour 4, it starts to break up and fade around my nose, which happen with a lot of foundations. I would wish for it to be slightly dewier but not oily. A con is the packaging, I wish it had a pump, I wish all foundations did!! I spilled a bit of my foundation once which was really disappointing. I know it's my fault, but having a pump would avoid that. I would've gladly pay an extra buck or two for a pump. Speaking of bucks, I think I paid a good value. I bought it at Dollar General for $4 after coupons, but full price is $6, which is still good. However I think I saw it for $10 at my local Target. So my overall rating is 4, I really do like it and would repurchase, just minus some points for the amount of dewiness, lasting and lack of pump. It is a good product and is recommended by me.

on 8/27/2017 10:57:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Though a really low price at Walmart, it was like throwing money away.
Medium coverage, but oddly, it came off my nose after a few hours and also it oxidized, leaving me with a tan look although I got it in Classic Ivory.
Also, it's ironically called dewy yet dried out my cheeks especially under the eye area with cross hatching lines that I don't even have.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I was looking for a dewy product with light to medium coverage, and I heard that this was a good drugstore option. However, my skin is dry and textured, and this product did not do any favors on that account. For some reason, even though this is supposed to be a dewy product, it emphasized my dryness and texture. Perhaps that's because it's relatively liquidy? I prefer a creamy consistency rather than a more liquidy texture to my foundations because I find that's better for disguising texture and making my skin look smooth and fresh. If you like more watery foundations, then this may work for you.

The price is very good. Even drugstore foundations seem to be creeping up in price lately, so I'd say 8 dollars is fine for a bottle.

I have to point out though that the packaging is absolutely terrible. Foundation should either have a pump or be in a squeeze tube. I don't know why they chose to put this in a glass bottle rather than a tube and then not include a pump. I found it a pain to use.

on 8/24/2017 9:17:00 PM

Very dewy!!

on 8/24/2017 7:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I only gave it four stars because it occasionally makes me break out.

It has a nice staying power and the coverage is enough for me, to cover my redness.
I have dry skin with very dry patches and it looks nice with moisturizer underneath.

As for the packaging, the pump is a huge plus for me.

on 8/10/2017 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Honestly, I think this foundation is way overated. It isn't as great as some say it is. The foundation doesn't cover up much. It's so light coverage that it doesn't even cover up light blemish scars I have and my skin is pretty descent but it's buildable though but still doesn't make it an amazing foundation. Also I have normal/combo skin with a somehow oily t-zone and this doesn't wear too well on the skin. I feel as if my t-zone is more oilier with this foundation on than when my face is foundation-free which is weird since I set it with powder... And let me tell you how bad in separates on my nose. I constantly have to pat my face throughout the day but I don't really mind the only thing I really can't stand though is how it separates/melt around my nose. But I must say the shade range for this foundation is good.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Very Nice foundation...I have the Fit Me Dewy Smooth Ivory....Looks good as my Complexion is Very Fair & Pink...Light coverage which is good for Summer...