Maybelline Fit Me! Dewy/Hydrate and Smooth (formerly Fit Me)

Maybelline Fit Me! Dewy/Hydrate and Smooth (formerly Fit Me)

3.1

1929 reviews

(Active Ingredient : Octinoxate 7%), Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Propylparaben, Fragrance, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminium Hydroxide, PEG-9, Ethylparaben, Dipropylene Glycol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone /- (CI 77891/ Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)
This foundation has been renamed from Fit Me to Fit Me Dewy and Smooth

From Maybelline website March 11, 2015:

Fit Me foundation has a new look for its same great hydrating formula!
Hydrates, smoothes skin texture and matches natural tone for a luminous, seamless finish.
For Normal to Dry Skin. SPF 18*
*Excluding shades 330 and 360

Maybelline reviews, photos and discussion

on 1/18/2018 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I have terribly dry but generally good skin (not much to cover up) so I found this foundation to suite me pretty well. Im an nc 30-35 in Mac (depending in the time of year) and the shades 220 and 240 suite me pretty well, alone or mixed together. It stays on well through out the day, doesn't transfer or crease, has medium but build-able coverage and looks incredibly natural. The consistency is a bit runny so its very easy to blend into the skin, even with just my fingers. And because it's runny, it's easy to pour out too much which is why I wish it came with a pump. My mom in her 60s also uses this and she loves it.

This is an ok foundation... it would be SO MUCH BETTER if they 1. Included a pump. And 2. Didn’t add the awful fragrance to it. It smells like laundry detergent - and not in a good way. It’s sooo awfully smells like it you can taste it, chemical and musty. Why not just leave out the overpowering fragrance we know foundation kinda smells a little chemically as is, so adding more awful scent to try and hide the already chemical nature just makes it so much worse...

Anyway, the makeup aspect of it is good! The coverage is medium. Some said it was too sheer for their liking but I found it ok, definitely need a concealer for blemished and red patches. It is dewy, not for oily skin this is a dry girls best friend. The problem is being dry myself, means my dry skin is also sensitive. So on a bad day the fragrance in this foundation can be irritating. It has yet to make me break out but it has made me feel a little itchy and I know that’s a bad sign. It’s too bad because the price tag on this is phenomenal and if it didn’t have the fragrance in it I would of given it 5 stars despite the lack of a pump.

In a way I’m glad it doesn’t have a pump, because I’m going through it so fast (it’s watery and runs everywhere) so I won’t have to deal with the awful scent for too long.

Would I buy this again? Only if I was super broke. I miss my Almaty age essentials, worth the extra $10.

on 1/12/2018 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Let me start by saying that I'm 38 years old and 7 months pregnant so my skin is a mess. Big pores, fine lines, discoloration, dry and oily spots. I was looking for a cheap substitute for my hg foundation Almay age essentials. I grabbed this because I've always been curious about it. Its actually a pretty decent stand by.
It doesn't cover as well as Almay but it does OK and still looks pretty natural. It sometimes does sink into my pores or lines tho. But its not clingy or caky and doesn't have that "makeup" look. I've only tried this with a sponge so it may do better with a brush. I don't like that there's no pump and it seems like I have to use a lot of it. But this will definitely be used on days when I'm running errands and don't want to waste all of my Almay because this is only half the price!

on 1/7/2018 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

It works well! My skin soaks this stuff up! I have dry acne prone skin and it works well and blurs out my makeup. My second bottle!:) no fragrance too.

I used to like this foundation, mainly because it was inexpensive and matched my skin decently for a drugstore. But as I've used it over a couple of years, I've noticed that it breaks my skin out in tiny little pimples, and it clings badly to dry patches. Also I hate that there is no pump, I cannot begin to tell you how much I've wasted of this product because I poured out too much, or dropped the bottle or just overall clumsiness on my part.

I would likely only repurchase this if I had no other options.

on 11/14/2017 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

To start of I would like to say that here in Sweden the Fit Me! foundation has a pump, which has worked flawlessly for me.

I have quite dry skin and this doesn't cling to any dry patches and still looks pleasant on my skin after 10h of wear with only a small touch up in the T-Zone after about 5 hours. The coverage definitely isn't full but rather a nice medium coverage, and it covers my blemishes decently.

This foundation isn't a miracle foundation and it doesn't claim to be- but for the prize its definitely worth a try.

on 11/4/2017 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

This is not for oily girls at all. You would think I’d know that by the name dewy and smooth but nope I had to try it twice before I understood. This is too dewy for me. I am super oily, could fry chicken with the oil I produce in a day on my face. Maybelline is my favorite drugstore line and Matte+Poreless is one of my favorite foundations. I wear that in coconut but this foundation does not match that. It is not as rich of a color, is more golden so it looked off on my skin. So beware, just because you wear a certain shade in one Maybelline foundation, it doesn’t mean that will correspond for various types. Felt slimy, is less than medium coverage and I just do not like this.

on 10/2/2017 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

so far one of the better foundations i’ve tried in terms of formula. i haven’t tried a whole lot but not too little either when it comes to different foundations, and i would say this foundation’s formula is my favorite. it’s very lightweight and easy to blend, i use both brush and beauty sponge for application. usually foundations would look a little cakey on me after a long work day if i look at my skin closely in the mirror, but this hasn’t caked up at all! fyi my skin is normal for the most part, which just gets dry on my nose to unibrow area. weirdly my nose is the only part of my face to get oily. with this foundation being a “dewy” one, i was concerned it might make my nose extra oily. it did not do that although my nose still became its “normal” oily, but i didn’t mind. the longevity is great, although i do use both setting powder and setting spray. my only two complaints, which hinder this foundation from being HG status, are 1) shade range: more shades and undertones please! i’m the lightest shade (110) and i know there are fairer people than me. i have yellow undertones and this foundation runs a little too neutral/cool for me; and 2) coverage: i usually wouldn’t mind light coverage, but i wish this had more coverage otherwise it would be perfect.

if you are thinking about using this, i recommend you give it a try. it’s only $8-$12 CAD but if you’re tight on money or saving, you can always return it. i love love love the formula and how it feels on my face, i just hope they add more shades + undertones + coverage!

I loved this product.
It's an affordable foundation for dewy, luminous and fresh finish. Check out my full review here if you're interested in details: https://beautyindecember.blogspot.sk/2017/09/maybelline-fit-me-dewy-smooth.html

It's good but not the best.

I have dry skin which tends to get a little oily in some sports but rarely so I cannot use matt foundations. So this one was a great option for me. I payed for it around 12 euros which is a little pricy for drugstore.

The shade range is great, I will give them that. The formula is good too, it blends easily.

The problem for me was coverage - it gives this glowing, natural look which is great but since my skin tends to get red, has freckles all over and some acne - this foundation didn't give enough coverage and didn't last very long.

It is a good foundation for daily using but not more..