Maybelline Fit Me! Dewy/Hydrate and Smooth (formerly Fit Me)

Maybelline Fit Me! Dewy/Hydrate and Smooth (formerly Fit Me)

3.1

(Active Ingredient : Octinoxate 7%), Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Propylparaben, Fragrance, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminium Hydroxide, PEG-9, Ethylparaben, Dipropylene Glycol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone /- (CI 77891/ Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)
This foundation has been renamed from Fit Me to Fit Me Dewy and Smooth

From Maybelline website March 11, 2015:

Fit Me foundation has a new look for its same great hydrating formula!
Hydrates, smoothes skin texture and matches natural tone for a luminous, seamless finish.
For Normal to Dry Skin. SPF 18*
*Excluding shades 330 and 360

My skin gets really dry during the winter & I decided to go for a drugstore foundation, I enjoyed the matte fit me during the summer months, so i tried this and it broke me out so bad, i felt like there was oil on my face and by hour 3 of wearing this my makeup has worn off, i tried setting it with powder and different primers but it made it worse! there was so coverage at all and once you added more it would turn cakey. Didnt help with my dryness either

on 2/12/2017 4:43:00 AM

For me, the likeability of a foundation lies under this hard and fast rule: colour match. Now the reasons why I hated this product so much was that i bought the shade in which i thought i'd be (quite a light one actually) and it goes on that colour but once blended in, it turns a pinky brown. Now i'm not sure if i just got a bad one or it oxidized real quick but mannnn was i disappointed. I got one of the lightest shades on the shelf and it applied to be a super dark one. I've heard suchhhh good things about this foundation but it did not live up to my expectations whatsoever.

on 1/25/2017 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I love this foundation. Very light weight. Good coverage. Blends with no problem. Doesn't break me out. Definitely will be purchasing again.

It barely covers! I had to put on so much product for it to even out my redness and on top of that - the small pump makes it all messy. The colour was however perfect for my skin and it felt very light, work well with powder/bronzer on top, it didn't clump up.

on 1/20/2017 4:24:00 PM

I loved the finish on this, but after a few minutes my face began to itch. When I took it off a few minutes later, I had itchy bumps on my cheek. I don't have sensitive skin, and can wear most moisturizers and sunscreens without problems.

Fit Me! Matte doesn't irritate my skin and is fragrance free, but contains a small amount of alcohol, and is rated higher on Paula's Beautypedia (I guess she doesn't think the amount of alcohol is significant). I also don't love this one because I want a dewy finish.

Both have a very natural looking light coverage, which is what I'm looking for. Too bad they irritate my skin.

I love the Fit Me Matte, but the Dewy and Smooth broke my skin out so bad, and my skin is dry.

I picked up this product when my tan faded in the fall and could no longer use 120 in the Matte and Poreless line. One thing to keep in mind is that the M&P and H&S lines seem to have slightly different undertones, so while 110 in the M&P line did not match, the H&S 110 did.

I do like it as an alternative. Unfortunately since I have naturally oilier skin and acne prone skin, this foundation does not last very long without feeling a little greasy at the end of the day. I am sure someone who has dry skin would match well with this product.

on 1/16/2017 5:26:00 PM

I was initially in love with this foundation! I had been using the Fit Me Matte and poreless throughout the summer in order to combat some of the oiliness, sweatiness, and shine that I was dealing with in the hotter months, but switched to this foundation as the colder months came on and my skin was getting drier. Initially, I had great results with this foundation. It covered my redness really well and didn't sit strangely on my skin at all. It looked like my skin, but better! It was very comfortable and didn't seem like it moved around on my skin. It stayed in place with or without setting spray, and seemed like it was going to be the answer to my foundation woes.

However, the more that I used it and the drier my skin got as winter progressed, the more cakey this foundation looked. I tried using it with different primers and moisturizers, hoping that the issue was my skincare routine. After trying everything I could in the way of switching up my routine, I had to admit that it was the foundation that wasn't working for me. It's gotten to the point where you can see every single one of my pores with this foundation whenever I wear it, and I really can't wait to get through the end of it and move on to something different.

I'm not sure what ended up making this foundation stop working for me, but I definitely don't think I'll be repurchasing this for a couple of reasons. Firstly, either my skin didn't adjust well to it, or the formula isn't right for my skin. Secondly, Maybelline isn't a cruelty-free brand, and I'm much more interested in giving my money to companies who care about the impact they have on the world. This one is definitely a no from me, but I hope it works for others!

Like most Maybelline foundations I've tried, it's perfectly average on me. I have NC15 - NC20 (depending on the season) combination sensitive skin. To be fair I'm a bit biased against it because I prefer matte finishes but I'll do my best to leave that out of my score because it's my fault for buying the wrong type.

I wear shade 120 Classic Ivory which is warm toned (tip: Maybelline foundations ending in a 0 are usually warm, 5 are cool) and when I apply it it looks neutral-leaning-warm and fair on my face but it eventually darkens a few minutes later to be the correct yellow undertone but very slightly too dark. I'm pretty sure it's not a case of it oxidising because this happens so quickly even though I'm wearing mattifying powder and primer (either Urban Decay deslick or Elizabeth Arden Flawless Start) underneath it.

I disagree with the comments on it being light to medium coverage - when I apply this with my beauty blender it is a solid medium finish on me. I could easily build it up to full if I wanted. With other foundations I can use my BB to sheer it out by going over the same areas as it's drying but with this it makes no difference. [UPDATE: I'm a moron who wasn't spreading it out enough with my fingers first - it's actually very light and natural feeling if you do that very thoroughly before BBing it]

My boyfriend says that he really likes this foundation on me because it looks "really natural" and I agree, but that only lasts for the first hour for me. After that it feels too slippery on my face but I think that's because I prefer semi-matte.

I still get a small amount of transfer and a large amount of oil showing through despite using a lot of "sealing" products/methods. My make up layer goes in order: Urban Decay Deslick Spray OR Elizabeth Arden Flawless Start Finish OR Mecca To Save Face SPF30 - Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder - Maybelline Fit Me Foundation - Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder - blush/bronzer - Mac Fix + - Urban Decay Deslick Spray. This product has not (yet) broken me out but I've only been wearing it for a week and don't plan to wear it any longer.

It lasts a good amount of time, although that takes into account my other products. I get ~10 hours even after blotting twice with a paper tissue. It is hands down the best product I have EVER used for smoothing/minimising the appearance of pores (including various products and skin care that are aimed to do that specifically) and it never sinks into them. I get a slight amount rubbed off around my smile lines though, which leaves that dreaded grey line.

I would recommend this to anyone who loves dewy finishes and has very warm toned skin as Maybellines have a tendency of oxidising. I will not repurchase because I'm over spending money on foundations that "work" and and would rather use one that is "great" for my needs. Bit sad, because this foundation does look pretty amazing for the first hour.

on 1/15/2017 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

At first I thought this foundation was quite good because I wasn't really much of an expert on foundations but recently, I came to a realization that this foundation isn't that good. This foundation oxidizes and tends to become a weird orangey color. I have this foundation in the shade 310 Sun Beige and it has a pinkish undertone which is absolutely not the undertone I need. Under some lighting it doesn't look too bad but under some lighting it really does look awful. I have a medium complexion with yellow undertones and I find it really hard to find a good foundation that matches my undertone at the drugstore. Thankfully, I finally found a foundation that matches me perfectly and that has the right yellow undertone for me. For all yellow undertoned girls like me I would highly recommend the Covergirl Tru Blend Foundation (I use the shade m4 - Sand Beige). Honestly, this foundation doesn't have that great of a coverage and isn't even that blendable and even though it's "dewy and smooth" it looks a bit cakey or not too great on the skin. But the biggest thing that turned me off about it was the color and undertone of it.