Maybelline Fit Me! Dewy/Hydrate and Smooth (formerly Fit Me)

Maybelline Fit Me! Dewy/Hydrate and Smooth (formerly Fit Me)

3.1

1930 reviews

(Active Ingredient : Octinoxate 7%), Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Propylparaben, Fragrance, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminium Hydroxide, PEG-9, Ethylparaben, Dipropylene Glycol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone /- (CI 77891/ Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)
This foundation has been renamed from Fit Me to Fit Me Dewy and Smooth

From Maybelline website March 11, 2015:

Fit Me foundation has a new look for its same great hydrating formula!
Hydrates, smoothes skin texture and matches natural tone for a luminous, seamless finish.
For Normal to Dry Skin. SPF 18*
*Excluding shades 330 and 360

Maybelline reviews, photos and discussion

on 2/12/2018 4:24:00 PM

ok so this is an amazing foundation at a ridiculously good price.
first of all. this foundation cost me $8 dollars canadian. that blew my mind. like ive seen fast food sandwiches that cost more.
so its ridiculously cheap but does it work?
omg yes. this foundation honestly in my opinion is almost if not just as good as my makeup forever foundation, which was a $55 dollar foundation. so it works about as well as a foundation that costs 7x as much as it.
but anyway how does it feel?
i feel that this is a hydrating foundation but not overly oily, its very easy to spread, it covers dark circles really well, it doesnt get stuck in any fine lines on your face or make dry/patchy areas of skin look worse or more pronounced (a problem i sometimes have with foundations) and it seems to wear really well, i dont look at myself in the mirror at the end of the day to see its all slide off my face.
id say its medium to full coverage, although i do find sometimes i have to put quite a bit of product on my face if i do want a more full coverage look.
so one thing i do have to mention that i dont like is the bottle, its kind of hard to get product out of and i imagine as i go through more and more of the product this issue wil just be exterbated, but i would say keep in mind this is a $8 foundation so you are kinda getting what you pay for when it comes ot the packaging.
so pros and cons:
pros:
very cheap, but still manages to rival the quality of far more expenisive makeup
doesnt irritate sensitive skin
unoffensive smell
buildable coverage
can be used as a replacement for a concealer in a pinch
covers blemishes, discoloration and dark circles quite well
works really well on dry and flaky skin
cons:
the bottle it comes in isnt great
for fuller coverage you need to use a fair bit of product
may of caused a small breakout (this product may not of been the cause of the brreak out tho it may of just been a stress breakout so im going to continue using this foundation and then update my review)
so in conclusion!!!
its a great foundation that i absolutely would reccomend!

on 1/18/2018 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I have terribly dry but generally good skin (not much to cover up) so I found this foundation to suite me pretty well. Im an nc 30-35 in Mac (depending in the time of year) and the shades 220 and 240 suite me pretty well, alone or mixed together. It stays on well through out the day, doesn't transfer or crease, has medium but build-able coverage and looks incredibly natural. The consistency is a bit runny so its very easy to blend into the skin, even with just my fingers. And because it's runny, it's easy to pour out too much which is why I wish it came with a pump. My mom in her 60s also uses this and she loves it.

I came back to edit this as I initially gave it a so-so review due to it smelling chemically, and not setting on my dry skin.

Well with a little setting powder I solved that issue. And after wearing this for a few weeks I have received SO MANY compliments!! I’m 30 and in college and I’ve had all these 18 year olds fresh out of high school invite me for lunch and the people my age are blown away to find out in 30. The elderly lady customers at my work have been complimenting my complexion, one person said “you must stay out of the sun your skin is so glowing” NOPE I’ve tanned my whole life only quit last year.

I’ve suffered adult acne, dry skin, eczema. But this foundation makes me look glowy, radiant, and flawless. It’s beautiful. I do want to add I have also been using the Olay facial brush and I think it’s helping too but I know the finish on this foundation is luxurious I owe it partly to that as well.

on 1/12/2018 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Let me start by saying that I'm 38 years old and 7 months pregnant so my skin is a mess. Big pores, fine lines, discoloration, dry and oily spots. I was looking for a cheap substitute for my hg foundation Almay age essentials. I grabbed this because I've always been curious about it. Its actually a pretty decent stand by.
It doesn't cover as well as Almay but it does OK and still looks pretty natural. It sometimes does sink into my pores or lines tho. But its not clingy or caky and doesn't have that "makeup" look. I've only tried this with a sponge so it may do better with a brush. I don't like that there's no pump and it seems like I have to use a lot of it. But this will definitely be used on days when I'm running errands and don't want to waste all of my Almay because this is only half the price!

on 1/7/2018 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

It works well! My skin soaks this stuff up! I have dry acne prone skin and it works well and blurs out my makeup. My second bottle!:) no fragrance too.

I used to like this foundation, mainly because it was inexpensive and matched my skin decently for a drugstore. But as I've used it over a couple of years, I've noticed that it breaks my skin out in tiny little pimples, and it clings badly to dry patches. Also I hate that there is no pump, I cannot begin to tell you how much I've wasted of this product because I poured out too much, or dropped the bottle or just overall clumsiness on my part.

I would likely only repurchase this if I had no other options.

on 11/14/2017 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

To start of I would like to say that here in Sweden the Fit Me! foundation has a pump, which has worked flawlessly for me.

I have quite dry skin and this doesn't cling to any dry patches and still looks pleasant on my skin after 10h of wear with only a small touch up in the T-Zone after about 5 hours. The coverage definitely isn't full but rather a nice medium coverage, and it covers my blemishes decently.

This foundation isn't a miracle foundation and it doesn't claim to be- but for the prize its definitely worth a try.

on 11/4/2017 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

This is not for oily girls at all. You would think I’d know that by the name dewy and smooth but nope I had to try it twice before I understood. This is too dewy for me. I am super oily, could fry chicken with the oil I produce in a day on my face. Maybelline is my favorite drugstore line and Matte+Poreless is one of my favorite foundations. I wear that in coconut but this foundation does not match that. It is not as rich of a color, is more golden so it looked off on my skin. So beware, just because you wear a certain shade in one Maybelline foundation, it doesn’t mean that will correspond for various types. Felt slimy, is less than medium coverage and I just do not like this.

on 10/2/2017 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

so far one of the better foundations i’ve tried in terms of formula. i haven’t tried a whole lot but not too little either when it comes to different foundations, and i would say this foundation’s formula is my favorite. it’s very lightweight and easy to blend, i use both brush and beauty sponge for application. usually foundations would look a little cakey on me after a long work day if i look at my skin closely in the mirror, but this hasn’t caked up at all! fyi my skin is normal for the most part, which just gets dry on my nose to unibrow area. weirdly my nose is the only part of my face to get oily. with this foundation being a “dewy” one, i was concerned it might make my nose extra oily. it did not do that although my nose still became its “normal” oily, but i didn’t mind. the longevity is great, although i do use both setting powder and setting spray. my only two complaints, which hinder this foundation from being HG status, are 1) shade range: more shades and undertones please! i’m the lightest shade (110) and i know there are fairer people than me. i have yellow undertones and this foundation runs a little too neutral/cool for me; and 2) coverage: i usually wouldn’t mind light coverage, but i wish this had more coverage otherwise it would be perfect.

if you are thinking about using this, i recommend you give it a try. it’s only $8-$12 CAD but if you’re tight on money or saving, you can always return it. i love love love the formula and how it feels on my face, i just hope they add more shades + undertones + coverage!

I loved this product.
It's an affordable foundation for dewy, luminous and fresh finish. Check out my full review here if you're interested in details: https://beautyindecember.blogspot.sk/2017/09/maybelline-fit-me-dewy-smooth.html