Maybelline New York Fit Me! Dewy/Hydrate and Smooth (formerly Fit Me)

Maybelline New York Fit Me! Dewy/Hydrate and Smooth (formerly Fit Me)

3.1

1951 reviews

(Active Ingredient : Octinoxate 7), Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Propylparaben, Fragrance, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminium Hydroxide, PEG-9, Ethylparaben, Dipropylene Glycol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone /- (CI 77891/ Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)
This foundation has been renamed from Fit Me to Fit Me Dewy and Smooth

From Maybelline website March 11, 2015:

Fit Me foundation has a new look for its same great hydrating formula!
Hydrates, smoothes skin texture and matches natural tone for a luminous, seamless finish.
For Normal to Dry Skin. SPF 18*
*Excluding shades 330 and 360

Maybelline New York reviews, photos and discussion

on 12/10/2018 5:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I picked this up at local drugstore out of curiosity for I’ve heard praises for this foundation. I’m NC 25-30, dry skin, and i occasionally get whiteheads here and there but nothing major. I got this in Sand Beige 210, medium shade with yellow/warm undertone.

I have so many questions. Like why does this foundation have no pump or whatever? The texture is okay, as expected from drugstore foundation (even so,Catrice and Bourjois or even Revlon do have better texture). I get the ‘grainy’ feeling although I shake the bottle well before using.

I normally use my blending/buff brush, but boy this one is streaky, and why is it so orange? I know I have strong yellow undertone, but I am not orange!
After two hours or so in the humid equatorial climate, this foundation sets into my fine lines, corner of my nose, accentuate my bumps, and digs into my pores. My poor, easily clogged, pores. It doesnt feel greasy, but it does look greasy, not dewy. It is unflattering in every way. I look like an orange glazed donut.

It does feel light under 20 degree C, but above that, it’s sticky and wet and wrong. So wrong.

Not going to buy this again ever.

on 11/28/2018 11:20:00 PM

My skin is acne prone, sensitive, uneven in tone, with large pores and dry in patches ( a nightmare haha) I am yet to find a foundation that works for me better than this foundation... The bottle is its biggest down vote though... why Maybelline just pump a freaking pump on it!!!?? The foundation has a beautiful dewy/healthy looking finish which lasts all day! I feel like this foundation is one of those rare ones which gets better with wear throughout the day. The consistency is medium (runs down hand but isn’t thin almost gel like) I apply using a real techniques beauty sponge (I apply a light layer all over which provides light coverage and then apply a little more over blemish areas/scars which builds to a light-medium coverage ) and set with a powder compact (Australis) as it does have a tendency to transfer, even when I am powdered down a little the glow still shines through I don’t even use highlight it’s a “lot from within” and just looks like healthy skin .. It’s quick and easy to apply and I just keep going back to it I have foundations three times the price and I can honestly say this never fails me... for like $20NZD on sale it’s an absolute bargain ... Has been my favourite for a long time now and I have pretty much given up looking for more this does as good as I can ask I don’t have perfect skin and it’s natural looking , gives a healthy glow without being oily pretty much everything I want in an everyday foundation. Just the bottle sucks... so much!

on 11/12/2018 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This one isn’t too bad. I can’t find a perfect match so I try to blend it out extra well and it usually lasts when I put powder over it. It’s good but not my favorite.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I use this almost everyday. It doesn’t stay on my skin very long. It separates around my T-zone, but I’m trying to see if a setting spray helps. I hate the packaging and wish they would make it with a pump. It’s a nice color for summer or if I just don’t want to look sickly pale (shade 110). It’s the best dewy foundation I have found, and if you use it with a primer it’s awesome!!!! However, primers break me out. It’s very sheer, which is what I like!

on 10/28/2018 5:02:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I used to love this product and considered this my HG. So much that I bought another bottle to replace my first one before it ran out from an online seller to save $1(I am cheap).
Unfortunately when I was down to my final drops in the first bottle, I ran into an issue that some people experienced with the matte version which is it made me look gray. I am around an NC 25-30 and I use shade 210.
I don't know why I didn't notice this before as it now really makes me look gray and sickly with people commenting that I look tired (at 8 AM in the morning).
The only change I can think of is that my face is now drier than before because rain season has started in Indonesia. I apply this after using Cosrx Advanced Snail 92 All in One Cream.
After watching this video,

, I decided to add VCO (the video used jojoba) and it did manage to reduce the grayness and made it actually look dewy-oily now.
The pros : easy to apply, feels light, good color (before the gray became visible), made my skin look smooth, can build up, no cakiness, price, easy to find.
The cons : I didn't experience the so-called dewiness, extreme gray!
Not throwing this away but I am back to searching for new foundations to use when my face is drier , boo.

on 10/25/2018 11:06:00 AM

I have dry skin and this is definitely a great hydrating formula. It is also one of the few foundations that has the closest colour match for me. However, every time I use this foundation, I feel like I look much older because my smile lines and the underline under my eyes are deeply exaggerated.

I will have to go and look for another drugstore foundation that will stop doing this.
At the moment, I will still keep this and use it with my other foundations as it has the best colour match.

on 9/9/2018 5:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This foundation has to be one of the best out there. For the price, it most definitely has to be.

If you have been struggling to find an everyday foundation, I encourage you go to a retailer that takes cosmetic returns and give this a try. The other version, Matte and Poreless I think it is called, might work for you if this is too moisturizing.

I'm something of a foundation/concealer junkie and have tried almost everything out there. I'm 58 and I would say this gives me light to medium coverage. I've applied it with fingers, a sponge and various brushes. No problems with any application method for me. I do set with powder. The accompanying powder to this foundation is also very nice and works well with this, but I have used other powders successfully as well.

on 9/9/2018 2:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a beautiful foundation. My skin right now is very dehydrated but still has oily shine, I have been trying a few different foundations lately to find something that works with my troubled skin and I can honestly say that as soon as I put this on it took years off my face, like the glow and smooth beautiful finish makes you look younger and your skin so smooth! The other big thing I noticed was it felt amazing on my skin, it didn’t feel like foundation it felt like a nice hydrating moisturiser. The coverage is very good I would say medium it can be built up easily, blends like a dream. Wear time is not too bad but you most likely will need to retouch during the day once, depending on your skin, other products used etc. the biggest thing about this foundation is that it makes my skin feel so good even when I’m not wearing it, like I feel that it helps my skin like a good moisturiser. I definitely recommend trying this out.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have oily dehydrated skin (oily surface and dehydrated/dry inner). I am 20. I used Matte + Poreless before as I believed I was oily BUT no matter what I did, it went dead on me and always greased up in minutes. I turned to Dewy/Hydrate + Smooth in a desperate attempt AND I LOVE IT. I would forever buy this foundation if it’s cruelty free and has a pump. I bought 355 Coconut as I thought I had to match to my hands but no, turns out I should’ve been using 340 Cappuccino.

Beautiful foundation for a good skin. This is not a full coverage foundation and I need more coverage.
It's still a beautiful sheer foundation and works well. I bought mine years ago so maybe they have changed the formula and it has more coverage now.