Maybelline New York Fit Me! Dewy/Hydrate and Smooth (formerly Fit Me)

Maybelline New York Fit Me! Dewy/Hydrate and Smooth (formerly Fit Me)

3.1

1957 reviews

(Active Ingredient : Octinoxate 7), Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Propylparaben, Fragrance, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminium Hydroxide, PEG-9, Ethylparaben, Dipropylene Glycol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone /- (CI 77891/ Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)
This foundation has been renamed from Fit Me to Fit Me Dewy and Smooth

From Maybelline website March 11, 2015:

Fit Me foundation has a new look for its same great hydrating formula!
Hydrates, smoothes skin texture and matches natural tone for a luminous, seamless finish.
For Normal to Dry Skin. SPF 18*
*Excluding shades 330 and 360

Maybelline New York reviews, photos and discussion

on 2/21/2019 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Ok , I have most high end foundations , I use Bobbie Brown , Laura Mercia, Guerlain , all the best, and I tried them all for $$50 or $60 and I have to say , if your skin is on the dry side or mature, this foundation is one of the best, I would compare it to Georgio Armani silk foundation , I love it , feels very expensive on skin and gives a beautiful finish, colors run a little dark so you can lighten up a bit but the finish is great and it makes my skin look beautiful, best of the drug store foundations, matter of fact , when I was young Maybelline was noted for eye makeup, but now I think they have the best foundations in the drugstores , I never wear Loreal anymore, as Maybelline has up their game all around.

on 2/10/2019 4:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This foundation has a beautiful, skin-like finish. But iz doesn't stay on for long, it transfers like hell and became streaky during application. It is possible to make this work with a sponge and I advise to use a lot of setting powder for this one. It did also break me out after the first two uses. I would not recommend this product

on 2/2/2019 8:08:00 PM

This is a very nice, basic foundation for normal to dryer skins. It has medium coverage, and you can sheer it out more if you want lighter coverage. It leaves me with a nice satin finish; not dry looking at all. It blends easily. Lasting power isn't fabulous, but when set it with the Set+Smooth powder (which I really love) and use a setting spray, that increases the longevity quite a bit. The price is really good. I'm ok with the packaging. I don't mind when a foundation doesn't have a pump, and the the glass bottle feels nice. It doesn't come in as many shades as the Matte+Poreless, and I don't find that the corresponding numbers match the Matte+Poreless shades exactly. I wear 112 in Matte+Poreless, but 110 in Dewy+Smooth, and I think they are very close in color. So it might be a little harder to find the right shade in this formula.

on 2/2/2019 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have shade 118 which is a tad dark for my NC15/20 skin but is the right undertone... but this contains Ascorbyl Palmitate which can break you the F out, so I am stuck with these two bottles of shade 118 in both the Matte & poreless and this dewy one. Both colors are great, but both contain NASTY crap!!! Matte contains alcohol denat. Its like you cannot win with foundation anymore if you have reactive skin.

on 1/29/2019 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is my current favorite foundation !! I’m using the shade 220 which is perfect for a Golden and yellow undertones . I would say this foundation is a light to a medium coverage so if you want something natural you should go for this foundation and it also provides a dewy look which I personally like ! I would defiantly purchase it again

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I got this in 315, Soft Honey. I can see what they tried to get with this but failed in the execution. One, that octinoxate is unnecessary. Two it smells like old powder makeup. Three, despite having no acnegenic ingredients in the list, it makes my skin itch and pop whiteheads within an hour of it touching my skin! It makes it tingle even! WTF?! The color was fine, it could have been a tinge more ambery for me, but the neutral undertones were right. Overall this is far from the worst foundation I've tried, but it's so lackluster I can't help but ask why they made it? This is just shameful in 2018! I swear that if this costed $1.00 it would have made far more sense. It's really disappointing.

on 12/10/2018 5:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I picked this up at local drugstore out of curiosity for I’ve heard praises for this foundation. I’m NC 25-30, dry skin, and i occasionally get whiteheads here and there but nothing major. I got this in Sand Beige 210, medium shade with yellow/warm undertone.

I have so many questions. Like why does this foundation have no pump or whatever? The texture is okay, as expected from drugstore foundation (even so,Catrice and Bourjois or even Revlon do have better texture). I get the ‘grainy’ feeling although I shake the bottle well before using.

I normally use my blending/buff brush, but boy this one is streaky, and why is it so orange? I know I have strong yellow undertone, but I am not orange!
After two hours or so in the humid equatorial climate, this foundation sets into my fine lines, corner of my nose, accentuate my bumps, and digs into my pores. My poor, easily clogged, pores. It doesnt feel greasy, but it does look greasy, not dewy. It is unflattering in every way. I look like an orange glazed donut.

It does feel light under 20 degree C, but above that, it’s sticky and wet and wrong. So wrong.

Not going to buy this again ever.

on 11/28/2018 11:20:00 PM

My skin is acne prone, sensitive, uneven in tone, with large pores and dry in patches ( a nightmare haha) I am yet to find a foundation that works for me better than this foundation... The bottle is its biggest down vote though... why Maybelline just pump a freaking pump on it!!!?? The foundation has a beautiful dewy/healthy looking finish which lasts all day! I feel like this foundation is one of those rare ones which gets better with wear throughout the day. The consistency is medium (runs down hand but isn’t thin almost gel like) I apply using a real techniques beauty sponge (I apply a light layer all over which provides light coverage and then apply a little more over blemish areas/scars which builds to a light-medium coverage ) and set with a powder compact (Australis) as it does have a tendency to transfer, even when I am powdered down a little the glow still shines through I don’t even use highlight it’s a “lot from within” and just looks like healthy skin .. It’s quick and easy to apply and I just keep going back to it I have foundations three times the price and I can honestly say this never fails me... for like $20NZD on sale it’s an absolute bargain ... Has been my favourite for a long time now and I have pretty much given up looking for more this does as good as I can ask I don’t have perfect skin and it’s natural looking , gives a healthy glow without being oily pretty much everything I want in an everyday foundation. Just the bottle sucks... so much!

on 11/12/2018 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This one isn’t too bad. I can’t find a perfect match so I try to blend it out extra well and it usually lasts when I put powder over it. It’s good but not my favorite.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I use this almost everyday. It doesn’t stay on my skin very long. It separates around my T-zone, but I’m trying to see if a setting spray helps. I hate the packaging and wish they would make it with a pump. It’s a nice color for summer or if I just don’t want to look sickly pale (shade 110). It’s the best dewy foundation I have found, and if you use it with a primer it’s awesome!!!! However, primers break me out. It’s very sheer, which is what I like!