3.4

price range

Reviews

2.0

12 years ago

I honestly don't understand how this product got such good reviews. I decided to splurge on this a couple of months ago and have been very disappointed since. The only reason I gave it two lipsticks is because it did *kind* of condition my hair, but let's just say that is a generous rating for a 30 dollar "intense conditioner". I have gotten much better results from conditioners from the drug store and to top it off, the smell is horrible as well. I am totally willing to forgive a bad fragrance on a product if it does a great job, but this left my hair with much to be desired, and the unpleasant scent stayed around all day. Save your money.

About reviewer (76 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

13 years ago

i think this product is marketed so wrong. it's not moisturizing at all. what it actually is a fantastic volumizing mask, which explains why other reviewers wrote about it making their "poof" worse. i have pretty fine, flat hair and after i used this, it became really bouncy and gorgeous (couldn't really brush it through, tho), but the ends were just as dry, if not dryer than before i used it!!! basically, you can get the exact same effect from one of those conditioners that come in the color kits. i'm very serious. garnier sells the conditioner they provide separably in a big tube for like 10 dollars!! what a rip-off!!! oh and it smells soooo bad. like rancid olive oil mixed with perfume or something and it's really hard to get it out of your hair. gross. i wouldn't recommend this to anyone!! i think the only reason why it's so expensive is because it's from france. like, i remember when i lived there for a month as an exchange student and i saw bourjois makeup sooo cheap. it's like a drug store brand there. but here it's expensive.try the bumble & bumble hair mask. it comes in a skinny yellow tube. forgot what it's called. but i used to use it all the time and have yet to find a more moisturizing conditioner.

About reviewer (25 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinNormal, Medium

HairBrunette

3.0

13 years ago

I have shoulder length blonde curly hair (read: super dry and lots of frizz) so I'm open to trying anything. I bought this on a recommendation by a store owner and I'm not in love w it. Its almost impossible for me to detangle my hair when its in so I have to follow up w Pantene conditioner to get the knots out. I did notice my curls were a little bouncier and a bit less frizzy, but not enough for me to buy again.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry

HairBlond

14 years ago

I have abused my hair with highlights and color and finally I had to stop and this conditioner is the only thing (used once a week) that has brought my hair back. The smell is a bit medicinal but I did not buy it for its smell. I use this on Sundays for about 2 hours. My hair-dresser said if you have the time leave it in--so I put it in and clean the house. I use Neutrogena Triple Mask Deep Recovery Treatment Mask during the week and my hair is finally coming back to life with these two products. Yes. it is expensive but it is better than having totally messed up hair

About reviewer (252 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry

HairBlack

14 years ago

I love Karite--it's my weekly deep-condition standard. My hairdresser says to leave it on for as long as I can, and that's what I do, but you can also use it for as little as 5 minutes. These days I mix in a tad of Lazartigue's Vita-Cream with Milk Proteins, which helps smooth my hair at the same time. I was told a long time ago to put the money into conditioner, not shampoos, and that's the rule I follow today. I have fine, dry, curly, color-processed hair, and lots of it.

About reviewer (198 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Fine

14 years ago

I have super dry, frizzy hair and I find that this conditioner (along with the Karite shampoo) makes my hair feel soft and look shiny. The smell leaves a lot to be desired though!

About reviewer (10 reviews)

SkinCombination

HairBrown

2.0

14 years ago

I saw a write-up about this in Glamour about how high-end salons swear by it. I think it was a huge waste of money. It does nothing for my hair, except it makes it poufy.

About reviewer (131 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Curly, Fine

3.0

15 years ago

This stuff is just ehhhh...luckily I got it at a pharmacy here in Europe so it was cheaper than in the US, or else I would be more annoyed. I have color treated, past-shoulder-length wavy hair, medium thickness. It tends to frizz, especially in humidity, and this product does not help at all for that. I was hoping for a "pharm" hair product it would moisturize better - it's not terrible, but I need something that actually smoothes too. Not bad for an "every day" type of conditioner for those with fewer frizzies, or maybe for straighter hair. Smell is like shea butter (karite) which smells natural but not fresh or fruity or anything, and it doesn't bother me, but it is definitely a smell I can understand others' not digging.

About reviewer (67 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Other

HairRed

from

15 years ago

This stuff was horrible! It made my hair very dry and straw like. The scent was horrible as well. Burning plastic comes to mind. I am disappointed this didn't work for after I have heard so much about it. Not worth the $$$.

About reviewer (1962 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairRed, Wavy, Coarse

EyesGreen

15 years ago

Not only does this smell absolutely horrible (chemically?), but it was definately not moisturizing enough for my hair and didn't calm frizzies at all. Total waste of money, and it's outrageously priced.

About reviewer (747 reviews)

SkinOily