Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Correcting Powder - Creamy Natural

Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Correcting Powder - Creamy Natural

3.8

Oh my gosh I love this powder - now that I know how to use it. I really wish PF would include more detailed instructions on their products or have videos on how to use products such as this one. After trial and error, I figured out that the best way to use this as a primer (which I think is part of its name anyway, so I guess that should've been a no brainer, but I just didn't think to use a powder as a primer). I have mine in "Natural Beige" and am NC 30 in Mac, 220 in Fit Me, and W4 in True Match. I apply my sunscreen, let it dry down a bit, then use a powder puff (bought at Target in a 3-pack) and pick up colors that I need for certain parts of my face (green for sides of my nose due to redness, yellow for under my eyes, pink for cheeks to give color and to cover up sunspots and freckles). I then lightly go over parts I missed with the colors mixed together on the puff. A light hand with this stuff is essential - it actually is very pigmented. I then take my Elf kabuki brush and lightly sweep on my mineral foundation (much less product is needed at this point bc the face is evened out in tone). I then use the pink again with the powder puff and firmly press in the product over the sunspots on the tops of my cheeks. I really love the result and this primer/powder is very creamy and finely milled (it has mineral oil in it). It gives a really flawless finish and a sort of inner glow to the skin because the powder underneath has all the colors swirled together under your makeup. I hope these instructions have helped some people wondering how to use this stuff! I'd definitely repurchase!

on 6/29/2017 7:29:00 AM

I have this in creamy natural and translucent. I am fair, and like the translucent for highlighting my cheekbones, forehead and down the center of my nose for a more matte looking, natural highlight. Then I strategically put a little 'glowy' highlighter lightly on top. I like a more subtle highlight and this combination really works for me.
One thing I have learned, is less is more with this powder. Overdoing it can leave a chalkiy appearance. The price is a bit high for drugstore, but I always wait until it goes on sale.

I really do like this product. It is very creamy though it is a powder. I like the idea of the different colors in the powder so that it offers some brightening and correcting effect. It's not a huge difference though because to get a dramatic result of either of those effects, you would need to use more of that specific color powder and not swirl them all together like with this compact. I guess you can fish out the specific colors if you have a small brush. I would definitely buy this again but next, I am going to go back to my Neutrogena Mineral Sheers compact. That seems to work well for me and reminds me of MAC Mineralize Skinfinish powder. But who knows, I may come back to this one.

on 12/6/2015 4:06:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I liked this stuff. I don't need it anymore now I'm using a super-matte foundation, but for a while I just wore this powder over moisturiser for subtle colour correction and shine reduction.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I am so glad that I discovered Physician's Formula. It's a great line of products although they are a bit pricey. I haven't really had a problem with any of the products that I've bought from them, but the reason I gave this product only four stars is because recently I've had more facial hair than usual growing on my face due to my new birth control and this powder exacerbates it. When I put on this powder, every hair on my face becomes very visible and it makes me a little self conscious. Other than that, this is a great pressed powder. It sticks to skin well and is fine over foundation or by itself. It gives my face a very clean, finished look and I've noticed it doesn't come off as easily as other powders I have used which is good. The compact lasts for a while even after I used it every day. The powder puff that it comes with isn't so great because it's too concentrated and it gives your face a cakey look so use a powder brush to more evenly distribute it. This powder also staved off my oily skin for a few more hours than most other products. It also has all natural ingredients! Unfortunately, I can't use this product any more because of the excess hair on my face so I'll have to put this on the back burner until I get more accustomed to my birth control.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

See my review for PF Mineral Wear Correcting Powder (the general one). I buy Creamy Natural & I have repurchased it several times & I have one on order. I love how this takes me from dull & sallow to glowing & bright. It's matte but def not flat. Good coverage. I find it loathsome to pay more than $10 for any one DS product so I'm a little annoyed that I have to wait for BOGO50 at Ulta on it plus $3.50 off & any points u may have. So then it isn't quite as bad. I'm so impressed w this powder. It does not break me out neither. A very good powder! And the brush u can save it for using w blushes that didn't come w a brush when ur all finished w the product. I don't even use the brush w my powder, I use elf's ultimate blending studio brush or my elf kabuki. Love, love, love!!

This stuff is amazing for me. I wanted to go more natural and don't really wear foundation because my skin in pretty clear but I do have some reddness and a little bit of uneven skin tone on my cheeks. I wear this alone over my natural moisturizer and wow it perfects my face. It really does help with the reddness and evens out my blotchy cheeks. I have have kinda oily skin too and this helps with that but doesn't get rid of the oil completely. I'm so glad I found this stuff because it is natural and now I only have to wear this and my skin looks perfect. I have pale skin and I got this in the creamy natural and it blends with my skin tone very well. I don't use the brush it came with though. Instead I use a kabuki brush. It lasts all day too! If you have good skin but just wanna fix overall tone and reddness this is a great product for that. I havnt tried it but I'm sure it would work well over a foundation as well!

on 11/29/2014 8:40:00 PM

So so.. I used it but it made me look so shimmery.. As in super shimmery! Maybe i will find other way to use it and make a review bout this again.

on 3/25/2014 10:54:00 PM

I'm not sure if I use this the way it was intented, but I threw out the flat brush and apply over BB/under powder with a concealer brush picking up my color as needed: yellow for undereye circles, green for redness/pimples and pink for any weird healing bruise-y stuff. (I have bad sinuses that occasionally give me under-eye circes that look and fade like shiners)
It has all three colors in one compact, so it is great for travel and has better coverage than I expected.
Really the only con I have is that, like most powders, it just doesn't last more than 4-5 hours on me. It also works really well on my fair to light skin, leading me to think the 'creamy natural' part might run far too ghostly on darker complected folks.

on 10/31/2013 2:07:00 AM

is this supposed to be a setting powder, it makes me look super pasty, and it doesnt do any 'correcting' either, this just doesnt work for me