Estee Lauder Double Wear Maximum Cover Camouflage Makeup For Face & Body SPF 15

Filtered by hair type : Other

3.9

ACTIVE INGREDIENT: TITANIUM DIOXIDE 19.90INGREDIENTS: ISODODECANE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, ISOHEXADECANE, METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, PETROLATUM, GLYCERYL STEARATE, QUATERNIUM-18 HECTORITE, ETHYLENE MIXED COPOLYMER, MICROCRYSTALLINE WAX (CERA MICROCRISTALLINA), KAOLIN, CHOLESTEROL, ALOE BARBADENSIS EXTRACT, LAVENDER, SANDAL WOOD, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ISOMERIZED LINOLEIC ACID, GERANIUM, SILICA, JASMIN, STEARYL GLYCYRRHETINATE, BISABOLOL, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, POLYETHYLENE, ROSE, POLYGLYCERYL-3 DIISOSTEARATE, BHT, MICA, BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE, IRON OXIDES, CHROMIUM OXIDE GREEN, CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREENS

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This has got to be one of my favourite foundations for everyday wear, and for me that means alot. I usually will not wear a foundation everyday unless I can guarantee no breakouts and this one for sure is one of the best I have.

The consistency is thick and has a whipped feel. When applied on skin it is light and doesn't feel occlusive. The colour range is a bit of a flaw, but I'm lucky to be the shade Tawny, which brightens my skin tone.

This is definitely a full coverage foundation, when I put this on I use a pea size amount and it's medium to full coverage on the get go. I can apply with fingers, brush, beauty blender etc and all methods work well. It smooths out easily and can be applied very lightly or heavily where needed. I like to also use it as a concealer. Blush and bronzer apply beautifully and stay in place all day.

In terms of wear I feel it is long wearing on my combination to oily skin. I can wear this for 6-8 hours before a blot; this can then last for another 6 hours. I like that it doesn't make me look greasy/oily, but to be sure it's not oil controlling rather more like it doesn't allow for my oils to seep through and take over. It can break up around the nose; so I use BECCA's mattifying primer for my nose area.

I also love to mix this with lower coverage foundations to increase the coverage and wear time. The consistency remains whipped and applies to the skin even more smoothly.

Definitely will rebuy and recommend this for a long time.

My holy grail foundation. I suffer from hormonal cystic acne and as a result, hyperpigmentation. However, I need no more than a pea sized amount for my whole face. This foundation has the most beautiful slip on the sink, but once it sets- it sets. I'm combination, so on my oily spots it just gets more beautiful as the day goes on, and it practically disguises any dry spots. The only downfall of this would be the way it photographs. I have a very fair and yellow toned complexion but in flash photography this foundation gave my face a pink cast, not very flattering. HOWEVER, dabbing a light layer of a powder foundation solves this problem, and locks it in with the most coverage you can get. Overall I highly suggest AT LEAST getting a sample, but if you invest, you will not regret it.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using these foundations for years, but as a concealer and they're excellent for covering under eye circles, spots and red marks! A while back I thought I would actually try this as a foundation but found it way to heavy and went a little cakey, not a great look. When I did want a little extra coverage I would mix a little of this with my EL Double Wear, which gave good results. But, recently I saw a video by Wayne Goss who mixed this with a drop of oil (rosehip, almond, jojoba etc). So, I thought I would give this a go, tiny drop of rose hip to the foundation and the results are really good! Looks very natural but still gives excellent coverage. If you don't want to use an oil (obviously not cooking oil) you could add a tiny bit of your favourite face cream instead. After applying I lightly powder my T-zone but you could skip this part if your skin isn't oily so you have a slight dewy glow!

It's not a bad product, I just don't think for the money that it's as good as it could be. The color selection is horrible if you are fair, as there was only 2 colors that could pass for fair, which were either very pink or very yellow. I haven't had good luck with any of the Doublewear products, they just don't seem to stick to my face very well and rub off or fade off very easily! The actually concentration of pigment is beautiful and it will cover everything, but it LOOKS like you're covering something, no matter how little you use. I just feel that my L'Oreal Infallible Pro Matte foundation is a better buy at $13 and looks and wears a lot better then this :/ for reference, I'm self-tanning at a NC30 and I picked up 2W2 Rattan....it's ok, just very yellow

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

Let me first say that I have weird skin. I can have a minor breakout and deal with hyper pigmentation from it for months. I have dark marks on my face that will usually only go away with color correcting, which will often times make your face suuuuuper cakey. I also have skin that produces so much oil, eyeliner on my waterline ends up raccoon-ish after about two hours. I love the normal double wear because it stays put on my oily skin and it covers a lot without me having to color correct. Now THIS stuff is heaven sent. I don't use it as a foundation because I love my double wear but as a concealer on top it's magical. I got a sample of it and that little jar is lasting me so long!! I'm definitely purchasing this foundation as soon as I get to a Macy's it's literally the best concealer I've ever used. I've stuck with Mac studio finish for years but it slides off my face when I get oily. This will replace that bad bay. Expensive but hey, it's your face. Highly recommend if you have some serious covering up to do!

This is very heavy it is maximum coverage so expect something very heavy. My mom has nice skin but dark spots and this made her skin look so caked up. Its just to heavy she looked better without it. I tried it and didn liked it feels like a mask. thumbs down!

I like this foundation but I will not be repurchasing. Hear me out. It is high coverage, though unable to completely cover my sun spots / freckles but it does a good job of covering up other imperfections you may have, be it red spots or pimple scar/mark. It sets matte too, so powder is not necessary. As with all their Double Wear products, it is very long wearing. However, I think that this foundation may be more suitable for those with oily skin as the consistency is very thick, it can be too drying for people with combination skin - like myself.

My final thoughts :
Coverage : 4/5
Moisture factor : 2/5 (Perhaps you can pair this foundation with a hydrating primer?)
Long Wearing : 4/5

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Having acne I was desperate to find something to cover it. I am so happy I discovered this foundation. It is amazing! A little does go a long way, even on my terrible skin. Cannot believe how nice even my skin looks when I wear this product. Can't rate it highly enough!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I love this foundation on the days I want full coverage!!! You need so little to cover everything!! I have acne scars and I don't need concealer. I use a damp beauty blender to apply this and it looks lovely!! I use it especially on the days I work 12 hours. So this is on for 15 hours that day!! I've even returned the concealers I've recently bought cuz I use this as my concealer for spots instead. I have sooo many foundations it's ridiculous!! For full coverage I have KVDs lock it and lancome's 24 hr. This beats them both!!!

Update 11/12/13: Still loving this foundation!! Lately for daily makeup, I've been mixing it w/Dior's Hydralife BB cream and OMG beautiful results!!!! It still covers all my post acne marks and scarring!!! I just ordered another bottle from Macy's as backup just in case they discontinue it. My KVD and Lancome 24 hr are not getting any attention from me now. LOL!!!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

After reading all of the great reviews on this product, I HAD to try it. I went to the EL counter and the woman who helped me was wonderful, she let me know that the color selection was limited, but they are going to release more colors very soon (good news for those who reviewed and said not enough color choices!) I found a perfect match though with Creamy Vanilla. It covered up my acne scars and redness PERFECTLY! This is a VERY full coverage foundation. She let me know that it is important to be moisturized well because it does cling to dry patches if you have drier skin. I have oily skin so I don't really have that problem. So this is my first day of wearing it with my regular skincare routine all done beforehand (cleanser and moisturizer with SPF), and I am loving it so far. A little bit really does go a long way. I put the tiniest amount on the back of my hand and applied it with a foundation brush. It goes on like paint, but it doesn't feel heavy. I agree with the other reviewers that you should also put on some bronzer/blush because it evens out your face so much, you need to add some dimension back. It's been about 2 hours and I am still perfectly matte. I will update as the day goes on, but I have high hopes!