Estée Lauder Double Wear Maximum Cover Camouflage Makeup For Face & Body SPF 15

Filtered by skin type : Very Dry

4.6

ACTIVE INGREDIENT: TITANIUM DIOXIDE 19.90INGREDIENTS: ISODODECANE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, ISOHEXADECANE, METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, PETROLATUM, GLYCERYL STEARATE, QUATERNIUM-18 HECTORITE, ETHYLENE MIXED COPOLYMER, MICROCRYSTALLINE WAX (CERA MICROCRISTALLINA), KAOLIN, CHOLESTEROL, ALOE BARBADENSIS EXTRACT, LAVENDER, SANDAL WOOD, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ISOMERIZED LINOLEIC ACID, GERANIUM, SILICA, JASMIN, STEARYL GLYCYRRHETINATE, BISABOLOL, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, POLYETHYLENE, ROSE, POLYGLYCERYL-3 DIISOSTEARATE, BHT, MICA, BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE, IRON OXIDES, CHROMIUM OXIDE GREEN, CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREENS

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have this just to say I have all of the EL Double Wear foundations. It's really an unnecessary product for me since I don't have problematic skin. It's overkill in terms of coverage for me but I can see the appeal of this product.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Covers dark circles and hyperpigmentation the best out of all the millions of products I've used

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Love this foundation! Covers everything without feeling heavy and thick! I set mine with Youngblood Loose mineral makeup and get tons of compliments! Price may seem high but you use such a small amount it last forever.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is my Holy Grail foundation. You only need the tiniest amount with a moisturizer underneath, and it works best when you use your fingers to smooth over the product in crease-prone areas such as the smile lines and under eye area, if you don't the pigment can and will settle there.

This covers EVERYTHING, and because it does YOU HAVE TO ADD COLOR AND DIMENSION BACK INTO YOUR FACE, if you don't it WILL look like a mask, so it is a must to either contour, add blush or bronzer.

Please keep this in mind when using this product, hope this helped somebody! :)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I love this. It lasts me almost the entire day - it is pretty much full coverage - makes spots almost invisible and scars invisible. I have even slept in this - it looked a bit crap the next day but it still stayed on!

I HATE the colour! It would be HG but the colours suck - If I don't mix it with some cheap white gothic foundation - it looks like dirt rubbed on my face. It is disgusting! Ha. Estee Lauder do really good full coverage long lasting products, but their colours are just awful - especially on fair skinned - they look so fake and gross. You need to buy some white foundation and rub it in. Though I don't think even that could save the AWFUL blatant pink and organge tones in the Double Wear.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I have to give this a 5 on the basis that it is THE ONLY *full* coverage foundation that has not dried my skin out MISERABLY and attached to any dry spots INSTANTLY. That alone is a miracle. I understand though; matte tends to last long. Silica and clay are friends to theatre and photography. I get it. They keep things in place and keep oil under control. But what happens when I have an emergency and I want the full coverage?! I usually don't get it because of the excessive dryness. Not anymore.

Now, this ain't no savior for dry skin but it feels incredibly comfortable; does not leave my skin feeling taut, does not appear cakey, and does not attach to flakes. At least, none of those things happen immediately. After 9 hours of wear, I did see some of my drier patches showing a little flaking/cakey appearance. (Yeah I know, what am I doing wearing foundation for over 9 hours? Three words: Busy holiday season.) I took some of my toner (PC Skin Recovery Toner, very moisturizing), sprayed it over my face, took a soft cotton ball, and patted in the areas that looked dry. Worked very well to help manage the appearance of dry skin. Normally I would have applied more moisture to my sad, dry skin around this time in the winter anyway.

Ok now moving backwards. Since I already touched on wear, I have to touch on all other important things. First, color is nice in Very Light for my NC15/NARS SG Gobi skin. I am warm toned and pretty yellow for not being Asian. This is a neutral foundation that works well, but I'd love to see it a bit warmer.

Second, application is *amazingly* smooth! It does not feel heavy at all, as others have pointed out! Over my moisturized and primed skin, it blends so beautifully and smoothly. It's so pigmented, that you don't need a thick layer. A fine, thin layer will cover all redness and blemishes. I apply with my fingers and smooth out with a small, not too dense kabuki brush (BE Handy Buki in this case). A sponge works fabulously too.

There is clay and silica in this (though it is not totally matte), but the top most ingredients are moisturizing and soothing items like vitamin e, petrolatum, soybean oil, cholesterol, linoleic acid, bisabolol, and more.

I would also like to note that fragrance is not in the ingredients list and the smell that this has is super minimal. I am sensitive to most fragrance, so that is a plus for me. I also love the packaging; dark blue, thin tube with a gold cap. The box came cellophane wrapped and felt luxurious. At $32, not too bad compared to some other HE foundations. Definitely a middle ground.

I will update more as I see fit, but on a final note: DRY GIRLS: I can't imagine wearing this daily without seeing some drying, unless you are going to be wearing it for a shorter period of time than 11 hours (which was the total hours for me on the first wear). Reach for this only on "those" days... continued >>

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have very dark circles under my eyes that are hereditary (thanks mom!). My circles are very difficult to cover, but this stuff actually covers it! Even though this stuff is expensive, it is well worth it. All you need is a small drop and it covers all imperfections. I use it for my dark circles and the little bit of redness on my nose and cheeks. It stays on all day, dries down to a powdery matte finish, and even lasts through crying, swimming, and humidity (it gets very humid here in the south). Although I would not recommend this for all over coverage, it makes a great concealer!