Estee Lauder Double Wear Maximum Cover Camouflage Makeup For Face & Body

4.2

active ingredient: titanium dioxide ingredients: isododecane, titanium dioxide, isohexadecane, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, petrolatum, glyceryl stearate, quaternium-18 hectorite, ethylene mixed copolymer, microcrystalline wax (cera microcristallina), kaolin, cholesterol, aloe barbadensis extract, lavender, sandal wood, tocopheryl acetate, isomerized linoleic acid, geranium, silica, jasmin, stearyl glycyrrhetinate, bisabolol, propylene carbonate, polyethylene, rose, polyglyceryl-3 diisostearate, BHT, mica, bismuth oxychloride, iron oxides, chromium oxide green, chromium hydroxide greens.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have this just to say I have all of the EL Double Wear foundations. It's really an unnecessary product for me since I don't have problematic skin. It's overkill in terms of coverage for me but I can see the appeal of this product.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Foundation is the canvas where everything begins, it can make or break your look, so when I found this product, I knew I hit the jackpot in foundation land. I will start with the fact that being mixed makes it really difficult to find colors that match and look natural. This has never been an issue with this foundation, and that's coming from someone who has to buy different colors throughout the year depending on my skins sun exposure. It's never a problem whether I need something lighter or darker. Next, this stuff stays on through crying fests, rainstorms, water fights and anything else life might throw your way and all without it feeling like a mask, so I can actually make facial expressions without feeling like my face is gonna crack. It also comes in a plastic tube, so being the thrifty person I am, I love that I can cut the tube in half and get every single once out when I start to run low. (This fact alone has saved me many a busy morning!)

To Read all 233 Reviews, Login or Join

This absolutely would be my holy grail foundation IF they had a colour that matched. I have relatively pale skin and even the lightest colour in the range is too dark for me (and also looks too yellow/orange). Which is not surprising given there are only 6 shades in the range - ridiculous! Now, this feels and applies like an absolute dream and despite being MAXIMUM coverage, it doesn't feel the slightest bit cakey or heavy and looks really natural. I got a sample of this and was so upset that the colour was wrong, because everything else about this foundation is perfect! I honestly couldn't believe how good the formula is. Estee Lauder needs to come to its senses and make more colours available!

My holy grail foundation. I suffer from hormonal cystic acne and as a result, hyperpigmentation. However, I need no more than a pea sized amount for my whole face. This foundation has the most beautiful slip on the sink, but once it sets- it sets. I'm combination, so on my oily spots it just gets more beautiful as the day goes on, and it practically disguises any dry spots. The only downfall of this would be the way it photographs. I have a very fair and yellow toned complexion but in flash photography this foundation gave my face a pink cast, not very flattering. HOWEVER, dabbing a light layer of a powder foundation solves this problem, and locks it in with the most coverage you can get. Overall I highly suggest AT LEAST getting a sample, but if you invest, you will not regret it.

Best of the best

My HG of foundations!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using these foundations for years, but as a concealer and they're excellent for covering under eye circles, spots and red marks! A while back I thought I would actually try this as a foundation but found it way to heavy and went a little cakey, not a great look. When I did want a little extra coverage I would mix a little of this with my EL Double Wear, which gave good results. But, recently I saw a video by Wayne Goss who mixed this with a drop of oil (rosehip, almond, jojoba etc). So, I thought I would give this a go, tiny drop of rose hip to the foundation and the results are really good! Looks very natural but still gives excellent coverage. If you don't want to use an oil (obviously not cooking oil) you could add a tiny bit of your favourite face cream instead. After applying I lightly powder my T-zone but you could skip this part if your skin isn't oily so you have a slight dewy glow!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Please dont listen to Ombrejane! full coverage foundation has a porcelain perfect finish...nothing fake about it. for u to say a foundation looks fake because its full coverage is bullcrap!
foundation is foundation..whether its full coverage or sheer!
anywho.
The price is reasonable,seeing this is a high end brand and you are given quality.
I love the packaging because you squeeze it out. Unlike the EL stay in place where you need to go to MAC and purchase a pump!!!
I love the consistency. Its a mix between liquid and cream.
I never really get pimples or anything of that nature..BUT when I wear this I get compliments on my skin.
Once again,this is no miracle worker.It wont cover lumps and bumps.No foundation will. Foundation only enhances your skin and hides MINOR blemishes that you are taking care of already with your skincare regimen.

This will cover anything,I've never tried a foundation which such full coverage. You have to play with it a little to find the best way to apply it since it can look very cakey if you dont do it right. I did find that it changes color after a while,it oxidizes. The finish is semi-matte and it didnt cause me any breakouts or irritation or anything,since I have severe cystic acne,which it covered completly. You definately dont need any concealer when using this,and it'll last you forever! A little amount goes a looong way. The tube lasted me for about a year and a half of using it almost every day.
Is not a bad foundation by any means,but its not the best one either,the only reason I would recommend this is if you need some SERIOUS coverage,like severe acne,scarring or vitiligo. Because this foundation does look like your wearing makeup,it doesnt look natural,and the finish is not the best.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

As a foundation I found this to be a little too heavy, I mean, this is FULL coverage. Like nothing before. Which can be perfect for some, but I prefer to look still natural.

You only need a tiny amount to cover your entire face. And it will cover up EVERYTHING.
I'm using this as a concealer and it does a fabulous job at that. No freckle in sight.
It has a good staying powder. Does not transfer.

The bad; colour selection. I have 2 options; too dark, of too yellow. Cause of that reason I use this underneath my foundation.
I would love to see more shades for lighter en darker woman.

I dont wanna look like a Minion, Estee Lauder! You know I'm talking about that 'Vanilla Light' shade.
And when summer will arrive I can switch to the 'Geordie shore' shade.
Great XD