Estée Lauder Double Wear Maximum Cover Camouflage Makeup For Face & Body SPF 15

4.2

ACTIVE INGREDIENT: TITANIUM DIOXIDE 19.90INGREDIENTS: ISODODECANE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, ISOHEXADECANE, METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, PETROLATUM, GLYCERYL STEARATE, QUATERNIUM-18 HECTORITE, ETHYLENE MIXED COPOLYMER, MICROCRYSTALLINE WAX (CERA MICROCRISTALLINA), KAOLIN, CHOLESTEROL, ALOE BARBADENSIS EXTRACT, LAVENDER, SANDAL WOOD, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ISOMERIZED LINOLEIC ACID, GERANIUM, SILICA, JASMIN, STEARYL GLYCYRRHETINATE, BISABOLOL, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, POLYETHYLENE, ROSE, POLYGLYCERYL-3 DIISOSTEARATE, BHT, MICA, BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE, IRON OXIDES, CHROMIUM OXIDE GREEN, CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREENS

Eyes: Violet

I have issues with facial hair and stubble. I stopped into Macy's one evening looking for anything that might help mask the illusion of darkened skin around my mouth/chin. After this product was suggested and applied to my face, I was convinced I should at least try it. It's very heavy coverage, as you might expect. It does a great job of hiding any type of discoloration and actually helps a good bit with the appearance of my chin. I use Este Lauder's Double Wear foundation first and then a small amount of this wherever I need the extra coverage. It spreads evenly with the foundation brush I purchased that evening. A little goes a long way, especially with the brush. I was told by the Esthetician that my skin was dry and soaking in the make-up, so at her suggestion, I've started using a heavier moisturizer. I've noticed that this make-up "settles" in my large pores, making them very noticeable. So I try to apply my foundations immediately after using a facial cream, and I finish with a powder, which helps soften the "settling". The foundations, combined, definitely rub off on anything that touches my face, which is taking a while to get used to. It's quite annoying but still worth it to me. My skin is typically so oily that I've used oil blotting papers every afternoon for years now, but something about the changes I've made (maybe richer moisturizer or maybe new foundation) has reduced that oiliness. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone looking for a heavy foundation.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This foundation is great for special events or photographs. It has SPF in it, but it's such heavy coverage that the flashback is minimal. I've personally never noticed any flashback whatsoever. I wore this on my wedding day, and my skin looked flawless in all of the photos. This would be my holy grail foundation for daily wear if it wasn't so heavy.

When my skin is on the drier side it looks a bit cakey when worn outdoors. However, for a full coverage foundation (AND THIS IS VERY FULL COVERAGE) I would say it gives a very natural skin like appearance when applied correctly. You definitely need to use bronzers, blush, and highlighters with this product to add dimension back in to your complexion. The coverage is that full.

The shade range is very limited in this line. I ended up buying two colors and mixing them together (1N3 and 2W2) in order to achieve the color I needed. It still wasn't a perfect match, but it's hard to achieve a perfect match with such a full coverage foundation to begin with. I'm typically an NC20.

Pros:
*Very full coverage
*Very natural demi-matte finish (particularly for a full coverage foundation)

Cons:
*Can be drying without proper application
*Very limited shade range

The most amazing and full coverage foundation I have ever used. The formula smells amazing and applies so well with a beauty blender, it can also act as a concealer. It lasts so long on face and there is a lot of product (I had my foundation for almost 6 months!) I 100% prefer this over the normal double wear.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The best thing about this is the coverage. A tiny amount goes a long way! That’s pretty much where it ends. Did not expect this but it actually leaves me very oily after about 1 hours wear. Needs a lot of primer and powder which then blocks pores and causes breakouts :(
I imagine this would suit normal skin really well, but leaves naturally oily skin really shiny.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Was super excited to try this product because of such good reviews on it , it sounded right up my ally! I've tried EVERYTHING to cover my acne and acne scars and I thought this would be a new favorite but oh was I wrong. Although it does cover decently , I have a 7 $ concealer that covers better! Also I have light skin but not pasty white or anything like that , and the lightest shade was WAY to dark made me look dirty .. Very strange feeling on your face too. Looks chalky just 100% not for me! And for the price deff something to pass up!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I've been searching for a full-coverage foundation that works as a concealer because sometimes I need/want just a little concealing, other times I want a full-face of foundation, and having "it all" in one tube helps cut down the number of products I need to keep around. I've used Clinique's continuous coverage for years but it’s hard to find and my local Clinique counter is often oos. I've also used Estee products in the past and felt that they performed well, so I decided to give this a try. Besides, the blue tube just totally appeals to me... if you look at the foundation lineup on any mu retailer, they're all boring skin tone beige brown or black, where this blue tube jumps out and grabs my attention, making it easy to find the tube. The opening of the tube is very tiny, I like this, so a bunch of product doesn't squirt out either, it's easy to dispense just the tiniest bit and not be wasteful.
For a concealer, I think it works well, a little goes a very long way, the tiniest dot does my under eye area and a little around my nose. As a foundation, it is a bit drying, my skin is dry anyways, but this takes careful prep to make sure I'm properly hydrated. It doesn't set up right away either so I have a bit of a chance to fix it, but once it does set, I don't notice any transferring. I guess I'm pretty lucky to have the right skin tone because the 1N3 creamy vanilla works for me, I feel like I won the Caucasian lottery and I have the ideal pale skin tone, and could find a tone that works even if I got some sun.
Update 04/22/2018
After having this for a few months now I am finding I like it more and more. The fact the shade 1N3 matches my skin tone is amazing, so I have been using this as a full face foundation. It doesn’t set up immediately but does set faster than, say, a tinted moisturizer, so I like to blend it with a kabuki brush. My skin is dry so prep is essential and a light layer of marula oil does wonders.
Koudos to EL for expanding the color range, 1N1 is actually the color I wanted (and now have) to use as an undereye concealer. It’s actually a perfect match to my neck so I can wear it as well, I don’t have much to cover but I like the finish of this and the fact it doesn’t transfer onto any of my clothes. I had a problem this winter with getting makeup on my jacket collar and found a few scarves to prvent this, but this makeup wasn’t the culprit.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Pros:
1. comes in a squeeze tube.
2. Lighter formula than traditional Doublewear. Dries quickly on face.
3. Little goes long way

Cons:

1. not enough colors variety. You are either ghost white or too tan.
2. Foundation is too cakey. I tried with and without setting powder. With and without moisturizers/primers. Face looks unnatural and cakey, I used a very small amount. I even tried blending with traditional Doublewear. Nothing works, you clearly appear to be wearing a foundation mask.
3. It is also formulated to replace your concealer. I don't see how, it settles into every line and crease.
4. Accentuates every pore, wrinkle, fine line, and skin problem on your face. Even areas you thought were no problem, makes you have skin problems. I applied with fingers, wet sponge, brush, nothing helps.
5. Not really max coverage. I still see my freckles coming through.

I love Estee Lauder double wear and was really hoping to switch to this formula to hide my freckles. Nope!
For the price, try something else. I actually look 10 years older when I wear this foundation.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

At first I was really excited to get this foundation because of all the good reviews. I ordered the lightest shade and it was a weird, salmon color that made me look orange. The coverage was ok, not something great but it looked cakey af. I wore it instead of my nornal foundation and even my bf asked what's wrong with my face and why it has a weird texture. I regret spending my money on this since it's really expensive.

Amazing coverage! It stays in place for ever, even after a real intense crossfit workout!
It may sounds expensive but a very small amount of the product is needed for the whole face, so it lasts for a really long period.
It is heavy so you have to pay attention on the application. I use to apply my moisturizer, a silicon-based primer and after applying it with my wet beauty blender.

Wow got a sample of this and this foundation is amazing, it's super full coverage and makes your skin look so smooth and flawless, I would recommend hydrating your skin as it has the potential to highlight dry skin, it's a matte finish and a little goes a long way, it's a liquid formula and dries down quickly.