Estee Lauder Double Wear Maximum Cover Camouflage Makeup For Face & Body

4.1

ACTIVE INGREDIENT: TITANIUM DIOXIDE 19.90INGREDIENTS: ISODODECANE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, ISOHEXADECANE, METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, PETROLATUM, GLYCERYL STEARATE, QUATERNIUM-18 HECTORITE, ETHYLENE MIXED COPOLYMER, MICROCRYSTALLINE WAX (CERA MICROCRISTALLINA), KAOLIN, CHOLESTEROL, ALOE BARBADENSIS EXTRACT, LAVENDER, SANDAL WOOD, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ISOMERIZED LINOLEIC ACID, GERANIUM, SILICA, JASMIN, STEARYL GLYCYRRHETINATE, BISABOLOL, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, POLYETHYLENE, ROSE, POLYGLYCERYL-3 DIISOSTEARATE, BHT, MICA, BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE, IRON OXIDES, CHROMIUM OXIDE GREEN, CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREENS

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I've been searching for a full-coverage foundation that works as a concealer because sometimes I need/want just a little concealing, other times I want a full-face of foundation, and having "it all" in one tube helps cut down the number of products I need to keep around. I've used Clinique's continuous coverage for years but the availability is poor. I've also used Estee products in the past and felt that they performed well, so I decided to give this a try. Besides, the blue tube just totally appeals to me... if you look at the foundation lineup on any mu retailer, they're all boring skin tone beige brown or black, where this blue tube jumps out and grabs my attention, making it easy to find the tube. The opening of the tube is very tiny, I like this, so a bunch of product doesn't squirt out either, it's easy to dispense.
For a concealer, I think it works well, a little seems to go a long way, the tiniest dot does my under eye area and a little around my nose. I tried it as a foundation and my first try was not the best... it seemed to cake up and after trying to blend it (and removing about half of what I put on my face) I got an ok face mu. I need to give it more tries, but I've already found a foundation I am loving...
Also, it's a bit drying, my skin is dry anyways, but this takes careful prep to make sure I'm properly hydrated. It doesn't set up right away either so I have a bit of a chance to fix it, but once it does set, I don't notice any transferring.
I guess I'm pretty lucky to have the right skin tone because the 1N3 creamy vanilla works for me, I feel like I won the Caucasian lottery and I have the ideal pale skin tone, and could find a tone that works even if I got some sun.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Pros:
1. comes in a squeeze tube.
2. Lighter formula than traditional Doublewear. Dries quickly on face.
3. Little goes long way

Cons:

1. not enough colors variety. You are either ghost white or too tan.
2. Foundation is too cakey. I tried with and without setting powder. With and without moisturizers/primers. Face looks unnatural and cakey, I used a very small amount. I even tried blending with traditional Doublewear. Nothing works, you clearly appear to be wearing a foundation mask.
3. It is also formulated to replace your concealer. I don't see how, it settles into every line and crease.
4. Accentuates every pore, wrinkle, fine line, and skin problem on your face. Even areas you thought were no problem, makes you have skin problems. I applied with fingers, wet sponge, brush, nothing helps.
5. Not really max coverage. I still see my freckles coming through.

I love Estee Lauder double wear and was really hoping to switch to this formula to hide my freckles. Nope!
For the price, try something else. I actually look 10 years older when I wear this foundation.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

At first I was really excited to get this foundation because of all the good reviews. I ordered the lightest shade and it was a weird, salmon color that made me look orange. The coverage was ok, not something great but it looked cakey af. I wore it instead of my nornal foundation and even my bf asked what's wrong with my face and why it has a weird texture. I regret spending my money on this since it's really expensive.

Amazing coverage! It stays in place for ever, even after a real intense crossfit workout!
It may sounds expensive but a very small amount of the product is needed for the whole face, so it lasts for a really long period.
It is heavy so you have to pay attention on the application. I use to apply my moisturizer, a silicon-based primer and after applying it with my wet beauty blender.

Wow got a sample of this and this foundation is amazing, it's super full coverage and makes your skin look so smooth and flawless, I would recommend hydrating your skin as it has the potential to highlight dry skin, it's a matte finish and a little goes a long way, it's a liquid formula and dries down quickly.

So I've been using this for a year and this is probably my least favourite foundation at the moment. The only reason I feel this, is because it's too heavy and my skin feels it.

The consistency is thick and mousse like. A little goes a long way and a pea size can cover your whole face. So in terms of value for money I think it is great. I love the sleek and smooth packaging as it's easy to travel with and looks well made.

When I put this on I feel I can only use a little, it spreads well but looks like heavy foundation which I do not prefer. Sometimes it looks like a mask. I have tried to mix in a moisturiser or oil to thin it out and this has been the best way to apply this. I makes a great tinted moisturiser. I find that it lasts all day and makes my skin look porcelain like (especially in photos). The only problem it looks like makeup and for everyday this can look over done.

I so want to love this product as it doesn't break me out and can hold oils very well but it's too heavy for me. I think if you are looking for high coverage that can cover a lot, this is great, would also perform well in photos as it looks flawless. For everyday though I like something lighter and more breathable.

What a name. It promises maximum coverage while staying on your skin for a very long time. The application is not for beginners. You have to blend quickly before it dries to a matte finish. If you want to apply a second layer on a spot, don't do it. It will be visible, yes, this foundation oxidizes and you will be left with a darker spot where you applied a second layer. This is an absolute no-go. You don't have to use a setting powder, but if you do, apply the thinnest amount or else you will end up with a cakey face. It's waterproof, and impossible to remove with rubbing (a little amount was left on the back of my hand where I pick up the product with my brush/sponge and it's still there). Yet on my combo skin (oily T-zone, normal to dry cheeks) it will disappear or get oily on my nose (MAC Pro Longwear Concealer, where are you?!). How can this happen when I applied a thin layer of powder? This stuff dries to a real, real matte finish. Your face will look like a mask. Prevent this with a thin layer which isn't able to give maximum/camouflage cover (duh). Packaging is the best thing about this product. Just squeeze a little or a great amount, you decide. No fear to let it fall on the cold floor. It's unbreakable. Overall, I wish this was a better version of Dermacol Makeup Cover. That foundation is THE maximum pigmentation you can get these days but it's so creamy that it won't stay long on your face. If it had a semi or matte finish Dermacol could totally beat Estee Lauder. I recommend this foundation to people with oily skin and a good hand for makeup application. Otherwise you will be disappointed.

The shade range with this foundation is shocking- the lightest shade is FAR too dark for my NC20! I find it such a shame, as it is otherwise a fabulous product. The coverage is amazing- it covers my severe acne easily and lasts all day long.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Okay, I gave this stuff a chance. My previous review was rather harsh but I hated this upon first impression. It was thick, syrup-like and gritty and orange-y and just plain messy. I left it in the tube for a few months...went back to it a few days back while I was waiting on my new holy grail (Gerda Spillmann Bio-Fond Cream To Powder Foundation.) Anyway, I tried this again because I received one of my famous intuitive pulls to do so...wow, it was so much better than my first go!

This applied smoothly and evenly, appeared to be a totally different shade and the grittiness was gone. Weird, I agree...but am happy. It seems to apply seamlessly and best using a damp beauty blender. You need to work fast though as it dries to a skin-like finish fast. I say skin-like as it is not quite matte, not quite dewy, not illuminating, not satin, it's simply like real, legitimate skin. Not like a foundation I have ever seen before. It needs no powder to set and it sets extremely fast, and lasts a long time (around 6 hours.) Blending it with concealers and liquid lights is hard to do due to the formula, but this is not important as this foundation is able to be layered to act as a concealer and be full coverage all on it's own.

The shade is actually a very close skin match for me. It's not my all time fave Gerda Spillmann, but it's a very good waterproof cover.

This lasts ages and you only need a tiny bit so it works out CHEAPER that my old foundation and is absolutely the best at covering blemishes/imperfections and stays on all day. Plus my skin has improved since using it so I think it doesn't clog my pores either. Would thoroughly recommend to anyone wanting that bit more coverage without looking caked