Estée Lauder Double Wear Maximum Cover Camouflage Makeup For Face & Body SPF 15

Filtered by age: 56 & Over

4.8

ACTIVE INGREDIENT: TITANIUM DIOXIDE 19.90INGREDIENTS: ISODODECANE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, ISOHEXADECANE, METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, PETROLATUM, GLYCERYL STEARATE, QUATERNIUM-18 HECTORITE, ETHYLENE MIXED COPOLYMER, MICROCRYSTALLINE WAX (CERA MICROCRISTALLINA), KAOLIN, CHOLESTEROL, ALOE BARBADENSIS EXTRACT, LAVENDER, SANDAL WOOD, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ISOMERIZED LINOLEIC ACID, GERANIUM, SILICA, JASMIN, STEARYL GLYCYRRHETINATE, BISABOLOL, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, POLYETHYLENE, ROSE, POLYGLYCERYL-3 DIISOSTEARATE, BHT, MICA, BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE, IRON OXIDES, CHROMIUM OXIDE GREEN, CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREENS

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I first bought this 13 years ago, after reading an article by a celebrity make-up artist saying that this makes a good concealer. I'm 57 years old, with super oily skin, full of acne scars, red thread veins, acne, huge pores. On the plus side, I don't have a lot of wrinkles!!!

After trying countless foundations, I realised that I must use full coverage, but oil free & long lasting, as my skin is so oily. So far, the best foundation for me is Estee Lauder Double Wear full coverage. If I use Maximum Cover as my main foundation, it looks too thick & shows up my aged skin too much. However, It's my favourite concealer! Normal concealers do nothing for me. They either don't cover my scars, veins & acne or they slide off after one hour. The Double Wear Maximum Cover has been perfect for me as a concealer which I use after putting on the Double Wear Foundation. I use a light colour, even though if I was to use this as a full foundation, I'd choose medium. It can highlight wrinkles under my eyes, so I make sure I moisturise well then pat it on. I use it to cover the red veins around my nose & my acne. Even when my acne is awful, using this coverage looks better than not coving the acne at all. Afterwards, I use a good quality fine powder. Cheaper powders make me look cakey; quality powder makes me look airbrushed.

I gave this 4 lippies because it does wear off around my thread veins & acne after a few hours (I'm SOOO OILY!), but I carry it in my bag & re-touch. It blends in very well when re-touched. I even use it on areas where the foundation has started to fade, like my nose & chin. One tube lasted me years, but it's used as a concealer instead of a foundation.

Use this product after your primer & foundation, then PAT over the areas you need to cover. finish with a fine powder.

Not Just a Foundation!
I have broken cappilaries (sp) on my cheeks. I have always used liquid foundations and never found one that would cover my cheek marks.
When the BB & CC creams came out I tried them as I am in my sixties and really did want a softer look. I tried several CC creams but had the same problem.
Well I went to the Estee Lauder counter and tried their new BB cream it worked really well but still couldn't get coverage on my cheeks. The SA suggested I use the double wear camouflage under the CC cream. Let it dry and then apply the CC cream. It worked! I can now use my other CC creams that I previously purchased because this camouflage makeup covers everything. I even tried it on the varicose veins on my legs and it's a perfect match.
I use the color taupe.

This my first review. I have used this product off and on for 4 years. I now use it daily. For reference I am 59 with somewhat senstive skin, a red nose, broken capilaries on my cheeks, dark circle under my eyes, but smooth skin with very minor wrinkling around my eyes.

I put it on the back of my hand first to warm it up. Less than a pea may even be too much, you can always go back for more. I start by applying a light layer on my nose, cheeks and circles. Then I go back and apply full face. If my cheeks are especially red I will then tap on any remaining product on to my cheeks. I almost always apply with fingertips as I find it gives this product a better finish.

I do use this foundation in several different ways that are very effective too. If my face is not too red I mix a small amount of ELDW with my Dr. Jart BB cream. This combo helps with slip and as others have said because of the limited color selection warms up the DW for me. I have also mixed it with MAC and Chanel foundations that I have but prefer the results with the BB.

Another reviewer also commented on the possible need for bronzer. I am very fair and bronzer does not work for me. But I do use MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Medium. I place a light dusting on my cheeks, top of forehead and under my chin.

This foundation can be very mask like if you start with too much. There is not alot of play time, which works for me because if I want to add another layer I am not just moving around what I have already put on.

My face will stay flawless from 7AM to 7PM without any touch ups. I can only speak to my skin but my face does need to be moisturized or I will develop dry patches during the day. You can see how well the product stays in place when you "try" to wash it off of the back of your hand, it takes work. I find it is easily removed from my face with cleansing oil. I always clean my face with oil and a microfiber cloth and this is highly effective.

I would highly recommend this product. It's not for everyone. But it can also be a great concealer, spot cover or mixed with moisturizer to thin out the product.

Edited to correct brand of BB cream

I have been looking for a foundation that will stay on my face. Tried alot of the mineral foundations - well, forget it, none would stay longer than half day. Finally gave up on the mineral foundations. Went to the reviews on your website and found the ones on Estee Lauder Maximum Coverage. A little goes along way, it stays and covers GREAT!! Wish I had all my money back from all the other "stuff" I have tried.

Video Reviews & Tutorials