p2 Perfect Face! Anti-Red Base

1 review

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is another dirt cheap product I picked up from p2, a German brand that appears to be exclusive to dm drogerie markt. For me, this green lotion primer, which comes in a hygienic pump, is a functional dupe for Shiseido The Makeup Color Control Stick. The products obviously apply differently, since one's a lotion while the other's a stick, but the effect is very similar. The one big difference is that the p2 product does have some shimmer, which I personally don't mind. Both products take the red out of my blemishes and tone down my general ruddiness. Both give my skin a translucent look that I love. As much as I enjoy the Shiseido product, I used it sparingly because I was dreading having to fork out almost $40 bucks for it again. Now that I've found a similar product for under 3 euros, I won't have to. Oh, and this does have one advantage over the Shiseido: it's unscented.

I haven't tried the L'Oreal Studio Secrets Anti-Redness Primer or the MUFE HD Microperfecting Primer in Green, but if you have access to the p2 product it might be worth trying it first. If you don't like it, you're only out 3 euros (and anyway dm drogerie markts have testers). If you do like it, you've just saved yourself some serious cash.