Desert Essence Jojoba Oil - 100 pure

Desert Essence Jojoba Oil - 100 pure
Jojoba Oil - 100 pureJojoba Oil - 100 pureDE Jojoba Oil & dropper 2DE Jojoba Oil & dropper

4.3

Not tested on animals

Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Using this as a scalp/hair treatment has worked wonders! I love the fact that it is as moisturizing on my dry scalp as other oils I've tried such as olive or coconut, but it doesn't leave a greasy residue. I usually use about 2 teaspoons of jojoba (I also add in a few drops of tea tree oil) and massage my scalp and apply to the ends of my hair before double shampooing it out with a shampoo massager brush to make sure its completely removed. (I usually leave it in as long as possible!) It takes a few uses to really start to see results, but from then on I just noticed continued improvement.

This is a light golden oil, that is quite dry and absorbs rather quickly. It has a faint mild scent and is about $15 for the bottle. It irritated my skin, giving me clogs, and my skin is combo dry and prone to dermatitis. I have mild rosacea and alternate finacea with retin a so things either work really well for me or not at all and this oil is the latter.

So far, oils that haven't worked are coconut, argan, rosehip, epo, hemp, maracuja, marula. The one that has worked is sea buckthorn, specifically sibu.

HG PRODUCT FOR ME!!
I ran out of my PC Oil Booster trial and decided to try Jojoba since people said it's good for oily/acne prone folks.

My skin is combo, gets a little drier in winter and doesn't breakout unless a product irritates me. After using my retinol, I like to add a little more moisture since retinol dries me out a bit.

My hair is fine but I have a lot of it, which means that using too much conditioner or thicker oily makes it greasy super quick. When I skip conditioner that doesn't work either because it looks poofy/frizzy and lifeless. One drop rubbing into my hands the ends of my hair works perfectly.

My hands are often very dry, but most creams are sooo greasy and don't absorb quickly or leave a super shiny residue behind.

Well, excuse my French, but I'll be damned if this little $9 bottle didn't solve all my problems. No breakouts, nice treatment for ends of hair, and I use it at night on my hands and it definitely helps.

HOWEVER, I do recommended transferring this into a blue or brown pharmacy apothecary glass bottle. It's easier to control and keep protected from sun/light. Awesome, awesome product for so cheap <3

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I so wanted to love this product with all the amazing reviews but it just isn't for my face. I will start off by saying that it did provide great moisture for my skin and was not too greasy, it's definitely a lot lighter than olive oil. However, I experienced some bad breakouts, especially around my chin, after using this product as a moisturizer for just 4 days. I have very sensitive skin and this might work for some but unfortunately it did not sit well with my face. I will continue to use this product on the rest of my body during the dry months of the year because it really does a great job with making your skin feel hydrated but it clogged my pores terribly.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

For hair, I give this a 4. For skin I give this a 2.5.
First, for the hair, I have coarse and frizzy curls, and this oil seemed to calm that down quite a bit. I noticed my hair was softer and the curls seemed more defined than if I did not use it. I generally apply on damp hair, but it works fine on dry as well, just be wary of getting it on your roots as it will make them super greasy (even flyaways!)

Now, for skin, I really wanted to like this and trust me I gave it so many chances. I used it for at least 4 months, and refused to believe it was this that was causing my breakouts on my forehead and chin. Sure enough, as soon as I weaned myself off this product and went back to a salicylic moisturizer, my skin completely cleared! Wanting to go the natural route again, I tried the jojoba again, just a light layer, and sure enough, my skin broke out! Would not recommend for acne prone skin as this IS a slightly comodogenic oil. Even argan oil (which got a rating of 0 on the comodogenic scale) slightly causes me pimples, so that is saying quite a lot. For y'all that want the benefits of oil without the breakouts, I have heard that grapeseed oil is your best bet!

on 12/19/2016 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Within a week of using this oil I have noticed a drastic difference to my skin!! Not only do I have fewer spots but my acne scars seem to be fading as well. I was worried to use it as first as I have extremely oily skin and I didn't want to end up looking like a grease ball but it has actually made my skin far less oily. Especially on my nose. I use the oil twice a day, 3 drops in the morning before I apply my foundation and then re-apply at night once I have taken my make-up off. I have tried it on my hair and didn't like the effect as it just made my hair greasy.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

After trying out several so-called gentle face washes on my skin (dry, sensitive, acne prone, signs of rosacea), I had terrible breakouts and irritated skin. I took a break from using anything on my face but water for 2 weeks, then began using Desert Essence jojoba oil as a light moisturizer after washing my face with tepid water. After another two weeks, I noticed I had NO breakouts. I was shocked. I will definitely continue to use this, although it's not quite moisturizing enough for my dry skin (I have some flaky patches). The packaging does leave much to be desired, as the bottle leaks horribly, but it's affordable and the lack of breakouts make the mess worth it.

Jojoba oil for anyone that doesn't know if wax derrived from a plant. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND TRYING THIS.

Very inexpensive: Around 8 dollars and its truly a wonder product! My pores are cleaned out and my skin is baby soft. Goes on oily and dries to a soft matte finish. I use it as an eye makeup remover and mix a drop in with all my face creams, add some to your body butter and hand lotion. This is my HG natural moisturizer.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I got this because I read sooo many reviews in which people stated that jojoba oil cleared up their acne. I would say to be weary of some of these reviews because, in my experience at least, jojoba oil is not very effective at clearing up hormonal acne. I used the oil as a moisturizer, and it helped my skin be less oily and minimized the amount of sebaceous filaments I have.

Unfortunately, other than that, my hormonal acne is bad as ever, and if anything, the oil aggravated these pimples, so I don't know if having less oil is worth having raging red pimples on my face. :/

Also, I used this for 1.5 months and saw no improvement in my pimples, so I'm fairly certain that it wasn't a "purge".

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I noticed a difference in my skin in the past from using this no dobt.

Great little product to add to your daily skincare routine.