Desert Essence Jojoba Oil - 100 pure

Desert Essence Jojoba Oil - 100 pure
image 1image 2image 3image 4

4.3

Not tested on animals

Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil.

Jojoba oil for anyone that doesn't know if wax derrived from a plant. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND TRYING THIS.

Very inexpensive: Around 8 dollars and its truly a wonder product! My pores are cleaned out and my skin is baby soft. Goes on oily and dries to a soft matte finish. I use it as an eye makeup remover and mix a drop in with all my face creams, add some to your body butter and hand lotion. This is my HG natural moisturizer.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I noticed a difference in my skin in the past from using this no dobt.

Great little product to add to your daily skincare routine.

To Read all 1274 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

After trying out several so-called gentle face washes on my skin (dry, sensitive, acne prone, signs of rosacea), I had terrible breakouts and irritated skin. I took a break from using anything on my face but water for 2 weeks, then began using Desert Essence jojoba oil as a light moisturizer after washing my face with tepid water. After another two weeks, I noticed I had NO breakouts. I was shocked. I will definitely continue to use this, although it's not quite moisturizing enough for my dry skin (I have some flaky patches). The packaging does leave much to be desired, as the bottle leaks horribly, but it's affordable and the lack of breakouts make the mess worth it.

I've been using this for about 2 months with good results. I used to have bad acne and I have large pores, uneven skin tone left over..my pores get clogged easily. I use about 2 drops mixed with 2 drops of sea buckthorn oil right after washing..then wait 10 mins before putting sunscreen on. If I use it at night I use a few more drops alone, sometimes mixed with sea buckthorne or a few drops mixed into Cetaphil lotion. My face feels/looks softer and gives me less clogs than reg moisturizer. It's not very greasy, absorbs well...unless you use too much. 2-3 drops alone should sink in fine.

on 3/15/2016 2:41:00 AM

I am not one to do many product reviews, but I was so impressed that I have to write something on jojoba oil.

I really came so close to giving up hope on finding a product that worked and just thought I'd have to accept having combination skin. Having an oiliness to the skin is a good thing as that's what keeps us looking young, but no one wants to have a gleaming T zone do they...

I have tried Coconut Oil, Argan Oil and Olive Oil (big mistake) and none have even come close to the jojoba oil.

One drop goes a long way. I use 2 drops max and massage it into my skin in the morning and again after cleansing at night. I was skeptical at first as the consistency of the oil reminded me of olive oil and thought it would make my skin even more of an oil slick, but it did not!

This product helped my skin entirely with my typically shiny T Zone and flaky dryness on my chin and cheeks. After the first day my face did not get as oily as it usually does after a day.

I am astounded. No redness, no irritation, just supple smooth skin all over with a healthy thin layer of oil to the face, but this "thin layer" is not the shiny looking oil I had before. This also helped moisturise the other dry areas of my face too, so I'm happy :)

I'll definitely be continuing using this oil!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I live in the UK so therefore the 'Desert Essence' brand isn't available here, so I brought the 'Holland and Barratt 100% natural Jojoba oil' instead.
I'm 18 years old with not 'awful' but still noticeable hormonal acne and oily skin. I normally get quite large pimples however due to the natural supplements that I've recently been taking my skin has cleared up quite a lot. However I looked into Jojoba oil in the hope that it would make my skin less oily, and I was really excited by all of the amazing reviews.
In the first 2 weeks of using Jojoba I went through a bit of a purging phase and my skin was more oily, but nothing horrendous. During week 3 my skin was probably the best it had ever looked and I really thought I had found my holy grail moisterizer and makeup remover... However during week 4 I started to notice small flesh coloured bumps all over my forehead, which weren't noticeable unless you took a close look, but I thought this was odd considering I'd never had acne on my forehead before. However I persisted with the jojoba oil and when week 5/6 came I had the same bumps on my cheeks. During this process I tried eliminating products from my routine however the bumps never got any better, so it must have been the jojoba oil. I recently looked into these small bumps and they are apparently 'clogged pores'. I was really disappointed by the Jojoba oil as it seemed to be great for so many people with acne and oily skin. I've just stopped using the oil now and my skin is slowly starting to look a bit better. However I still gave it a 2 star rating as although the oil still broke me out, it definitely made my skin less oily, my skin never felt tight or dry and it gave my skin a lovely 'glow'.

on 2/1/2016 4:27:00 AM

Such a great product for everything. I'm on my third bottle now and I will defineltly keep repurchasing. The packaging isn't the best because it gets oily and dirty over use. I've noticed with one bottle it leaked whilst I was travelling (might just be a problem with that one bottle I bought).

I use it for my face, body, hands, and lips. Anything that needs moisturising really! I have acne-prone, combination, and sensitive skin. I found that Jojoba oil works a lot better (personally) than any other oils/moisturisers I've tried. It doesn't break me out, prevents flakiness, etc.

During winters my skin peels a little, and during summers I get REALLY oily on my T-zone. This oil isn't too heavy, but is strong enough to combat dryness. I've used this oil from -15C weather to a very humid 30C and I promise it never disappoints.

If you apply some on your lips overnight, they'll be soft and smooth when morning comes.
Great for after a shower as well - you don't feel like you have to sit around for ages for the oil to absorb.
I like to rub a little onto the ends of my hair as well, since I don't really do much else for my hair. So far, so good.

on 1/30/2016 10:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Jojoba oil is HG for me. It is incredibly versatile. Surprisingly, it does not break out my acne/clog prone skin. I use 1-2 drops on damp skin as a facial moisturizer and it absorbs quickly. At night, I use it to remove sunscreen (followed by Cerave foaming). It also works perfectly for my long, fine hair. I massage a small amount on my scalp before I shampoo and then apply a couple drops onto the length as soon as I get out of the shower. It doesn't weigh down my hair at all and gives it a healthy shine. It's pretty pricey at my local health food store so I generally order it off of Amazon.

on 1/10/2016 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hi, I'm (was) the lady with the almost constantly inflamed skin...eczema, psoriasis, and a little acne here and there.

I'm also the lady who is constantly dabbing her oil slick face. I'm 40 years old and I was *this close* to absolutely giving up hope on clear skin.

I was dead set against on oil cleansing because I tried coconut oil, olive oil (the worst offender), and watched my skin blow up in a "flaming ball of greasy pimples".

Long story, not so long. I purchased a bottle of jojoba oil with Rose and started putting it on my face about 1 week ago (because I'm completely out of my mind). And OH MY GOSH! why....did....I.....wait??? My skin is looking and feeling 1000x better. Wow!

on 12/14/2015 11:20:00 AM

Hands down one of the best oils I have ever used in my life. I usually will use this one its own in the summer (2-3 drops) and pat it into my face and rub it into my lips (extra moisture). For the winter I'll add 2 drops with my moisturizer to ensure I get no dry patches on either my cheeks, chin or forehead. My skin in the summer is extremely oily - I usually look like I'm sweating all the time but this has dramatically tone this down to me only blotting every 6 hrs which is better than every hr. I saw a difference after 3 months of using it, of course I wanted to see a difference within a week but that doesn't happen so when using this product some people see a difference within a week some of us a couple months but I love this stuff. I sometimes do mix this (1:1) with seabuckthorn oil and my skin has a beautiful glow. I also use this oil in my hair, on my cuticles and as I said before on my lips and it has made a difference for me. I would strongly suggest that everyone has this in their beauty routine as it's dirt cheap (6.99-10.99) and it works wonders.