Desert Essence Jojoba Oil - 100 pure

Desert Essence Jojoba Oil - 100 pure
Jojoba Oil - 100 pureJojoba Oil - 100 pureDE Jojoba Oil & dropper 2DE Jojoba Oil & dropper

4.3

Not tested on animals

Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Add me to the list of people this doesn't work for and I mean really doesn't work: horrific acne and clogging even just after a few applications, drying and irritating, just terrible. I used to use it on my scalp but I started noticing little pimples around my hairline so it's been relegated to shaving I'm afraid.

on 5/3/2018 9:45:00 PM

Pretty sad how long it took me to figure out it was the packaging that put me off this stuff at first. The bottle is a bit leaky and unglamorous. It's hard to get the right amount, and one of the keys is not using too much. But finally, it has been doing for me what the glowing reviews promise. With continued use, it has definitely reduced the bumpy feeling of clogged pores (maybe even better than BHAs). I just massage some in for a few minutes and then wash my face as usual. And it's a great moisturizer: just rub a couple of drops in wet hands and press onto to a wet face. (I use Avene mineral water if I have it.) I'm sensitive, prone to redness, and it's a rare unicorn of a moisturizer that doesn't break me out. I'm totally surprised by the smoothness and the reduced redness after just a few weeks of jojoba oil.

on 3/29/2018 9:40:00 PM

Been using for years under moisturizer to help combat flakiness from daily benzoyl peroxide use. Will continue to buy!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

After trying oil blends such as Tatcha, Boscia, and others I am using this solely to remove my makeup. It is inexpensive and does the job of thoroughly dissolving my makeup without ever breaking me out. I have patted this on after toning to see how I liked it as a mositurizer, but I found it too heavy for my oily skin.

This is a light golden oil, that is quite dry and absorbs rather quickly. It has a faint mild scent and is about $15 for the bottle. It irritated my skin, giving me clogs, and my skin is combo dry and prone to dermatitis. I have mild rosacea and alternate finacea with retin a so things either work really well for me or not at all and this oil is the latter.

So far, oils that haven't worked are coconut, argan, rosehip, epo, hemp, maracuja, marula. The one that has worked is sea buckthorn, specifically sibu.

HG PRODUCT FOR ME!!
I ran out of my PC Oil Booster trial and decided to try Jojoba since people said it's good for oily/acne prone folks.

My skin is combo, gets a little drier in winter and doesn't breakout unless a product irritates me. After using my retinol, I like to add a little more moisture since retinol dries me out a bit.

My hair is fine but I have a lot of it, which means that using too much conditioner or thicker oily makes it greasy super quick. When I skip conditioner that doesn't work either because it looks poofy/frizzy and lifeless. One drop rubbing into my hands the ends of my hair works perfectly.

My hands are often very dry, but most creams are sooo greasy and don't absorb quickly or leave a super shiny residue behind.

Well, excuse my French, but I'll be damned if this little $9 bottle didn't solve all my problems. No breakouts, nice treatment for ends of hair, and I use it at night on my hands and it definitely helps.

HOWEVER, I do recommended transferring this into a blue or brown pharmacy apothecary glass bottle. It's easier to control and keep protected from sun/light. Awesome, awesome product for so cheap <3

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I so wanted to love this product with all the amazing reviews but it just isn't for my face. I will start off by saying that it did provide great moisture for my skin and was not too greasy, it's definitely a lot lighter than olive oil. However, I experienced some bad breakouts, especially around my chin, after using this product as a moisturizer for just 4 days. I have very sensitive skin and this might work for some but unfortunately it did not sit well with my face. I will continue to use this product on the rest of my body during the dry months of the year because it really does a great job with making your skin feel hydrated but it clogged my pores terribly.

on 12/19/2016 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Within a week of using this oil I have noticed a drastic difference to my skin!! Not only do I have fewer spots but my acne scars seem to be fading as well. I was worried to use it as first as I have extremely oily skin and I didn't want to end up looking like a grease ball but it has actually made my skin far less oily. Especially on my nose. I use the oil twice a day, 3 drops in the morning before I apply my foundation and then re-apply at night once I have taken my make-up off. I have tried it on my hair and didn't like the effect as it just made my hair greasy.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I got this because I read sooo many reviews in which people stated that jojoba oil cleared up their acne. I would say to be weary of some of these reviews because, in my experience at least, jojoba oil is not very effective at clearing up hormonal acne. I used the oil as a moisturizer, and it helped my skin be less oily and minimized the amount of sebaceous filaments I have.

Unfortunately, other than that, my hormonal acne is bad as ever, and if anything, the oil aggravated these pimples, so I don't know if having less oil is worth having raging red pimples on my face. :/

Also, I used this for 1.5 months and saw no improvement in my pimples, so I'm fairly certain that it wasn't a "purge".

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

For hair, I give this a 4. For skin I give this a 2.5.
First, for the hair, I have coarse and frizzy curls, and this oil seemed to calm that down quite a bit. I noticed my hair was softer and the curls seemed more defined than if I did not use it. I generally apply on damp hair, but it works fine on dry as well, just be wary of getting it on your roots as it will make them super greasy (even flyaways!)

Now, for skin, I really wanted to like this and trust me I gave it so many chances. I used it for at least 4 months, and refused to believe it was this that was causing my breakouts on my forehead and chin. Sure enough, as soon as I weaned myself off this product and went back to a salicylic moisturizer, my skin completely cleared! Wanting to go the natural route again, I tried the jojoba again, just a light layer, and sure enough, my skin broke out! Would not recommend for acne prone skin as this IS a slightly comodogenic oil. Even argan oil (which got a rating of 0 on the comodogenic scale) slightly causes me pimples, so that is saying quite a lot. For y'all that want the benefits of oil without the breakouts, I have heard that grapeseed oil is your best bet!