The Body Shop Rainforest Moisture Shampoo

The Body Shop Rainforest Moisture Shampoo

3.2

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua, Sucrose, Disodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Lauryl Betaine, Laureth-5 Carboxylic Acid, Mel, PEG-55 Propylene Glycol Oleate, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Glycerin, Parfum, Polyglyceryl-4 Caprate, Sodium Benzoate, Sucrose Laurate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Polyquaternium-6, Salicylic Acid, Citric Acid, Schinziophyton Rautanenii Kernel Oil, Pentaclethra Macroloba Seed Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Tocopherol.

on 9/14/2015 12:06:00 PM

It didn't work out at all... Each time I gave this thing a try it left me with a superduper itchy scalp. Also I hoped that "rainforest moisture" will moisturize my dry hair but nope, it wasn't up to it. Not cute. The consistency is too runny, the smell is strong but not disturbing, at least for me. I guess no sulphates, no parabens, no silicones concept is not what my scalp and hair are looking for in life:)

on 1/9/2015 11:01:00 AM

Really likes this schampoo, my hair looks really nice and soft and also good for my psoriasis scalp.

To Read all 30 Reviews, Login or Join

on 12/21/2014 11:26:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

As I have curly hair I decided to try a sulfate free shampoo as apparently they help to reduce frizz. I find that my roots get really greasy is I don't wash my hair for a while and my ends get dryer (though thats probably due to years of heat damage and dying!).

Whilst I can't comment on the de-frizzing properties too much, as I only shampoo the roots regularly (I'll wash my ends maybe once or twice a month) I have definitely noticed that my hair is softer, lighter and is curling much better than it used to.

I've had no problem with not getting enough of a lather, and if you read the back of the bottle you'd see that it explicitly says to mix with water for the best results. However, I did find that having your hair absolutely sopping wet works better that mixing it in your hands - I tend to put it on immediately after I've moved my head from under the water.

Sure, it's a tad pricey for what it does, but when you take into consideration the fact that it has mostly natural ingredients, and that they don't test on animals, you can see why. It clearly wasn't as cheap as other shampoos of the same quality to make, so it's not going to be as cheap to make.

Overall, I would definitely buy this stuff again - the smell was gorgeous and it left my hair feeling super soft! What more could I want?

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Unfortunately this shampoo does not work for me. I still have some left and I only uses it for travelling purposes. It doesn't clean my thick long hair well. I had to use a lot of conditioner or hair oil afterward. The texture is runny and had to use a lot to wash my hair which is a waste in my opinion. It's pricey too for a small size bottle. My scalp became itchy and my hair is dry still. I eventually went back to Sunsilk Silky Smooth/ Dove Nourishing Oil care.

on 6/3/2014 12:35:00 PM

I really love this product. Smell so good and my hair is better when i use this!

on 5/18/2014 10:40:00 AM

This was the very first organic shampoo I used. And I felt the results after the very first shower, my hair felt so much lighter after the shower. I did have a very hard time evenly distributing on my shoulder length hair. Thus, you end up using quitr a lot of it. The scent is lovely and calming! However, after that I felt like it didn't do much for my hair, didn't make it softer like how I wanted it to, neither did I get the sheen I was expecting from using an organic product. Maybe I was expecting too much haha! The price is ridiculous for a product that doesn't deliver too much.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this product alittle while ago after I ombred my hair, it's great because I can lather it up all over my head and not worry about sulphites,silicones, parables or any nasties like that. I find it very gentle and nourishing to my hair buy I only use it little and often because I feel it doesn't clear all the junk out of my hair like other shampoos. It has a great herbally scent but I don't find that it lingers much further than the shower.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Very decent shampoo. Is not drying to my curly hair. Lathers well without sulfates. A little goes a long way, so it is economical in the long run. Finally, I love the smell, it is kind of honey/herbal.

on 10/6/2013 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I bought this becuase my hair is super damaged of bleaching. My hair is short and blond and I have stopped bleaching. It does not make my hair feel any better. It lathers poorly. I will use the bottle but not sure I will repurchase. I do like how John Friedas purple colored shampoo for blondes makes my hair feel, even though thats not sulfate free.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I bought this product when it was on sale to try it. Otherwise, it's quite over-priced for a product of its quality. It's the first sulfate-free shampoo I've tried and although I don't have anything to compare it to, I'm not impressed.
The smell of the shampoo is nice, kind of relaxing and not very strong. I've gotten compliments on the smell of my hair since I've started using it. I love that the shampoo is all natural, but that's about it.
It does nothing to help dry damaged hair. I've been using it with the matching conditioner, and I'm almost done both bottles, but it hasn't even made my hair shinier. I have been heat-free for almost 2 months yet my hair is dryer than ever! The shampoo has also made my hair flat, and I use to have thick, puffy hair. Lastly, it doesn't lather very well and I have to use almost double the amount of shampoo than I do with other brands.
I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone or use it again after I find a sulfate free shampoo for dry hair that actually works!

Popular Shampoos