4.7

package quality

price range

Reviews

8 years ago

Hands down one of the best glosses i have used in a long time! very shiny but absolutely not sticky (for once) i bought this in 'Love' a sheer baby pink and its so comfortable and pretty i can see this becoming one of my daily staples- looking forward to buying more colours in this range! :)

About reviewer (24 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

10 years ago

For everyday play, these glosses can't be beat. I normally don't wear gloss because most are sticky, gooey, heavy messes; but the Chantecaille version is light, sheer, and not as shiny as your run-of-the-mill variety. They also seem to wear longer than most of the other lip products I have used (lip chics last the longest, though.) An easy, low-maintenance alternative on those rare days when I don't feel like wearing a more pigmented lip.

About reviewer (30 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Other

10 years ago

Do I love these lipglosses! I own Taffy (a brownish pink MLBB shade) and Campari (a corally pinky red). I suffer from chronically dry lips and I'm very sensitive to lots of makeup but these little gems are truly awesome! Moisturizing, non-sticky, great pigmentation and fairly longlasting. Surprisingly I'm also fine with the SPF which is a huge bonus, too. Love these but unfortunately Chantecaille isn't available overhere and also because of the $$$ I won't repurchase. Otherwise highly recommended! For reference: neutral NW/NC10 with already very pigmented pink lips.

About reviewer (258 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

12 years ago

UPDATE: I haven't bought anything else other than this babies since I discovered them !! They are just out of this world! the staying power it's great, the texture like no other and the colours are ALL gorgeous!! Just love them and everytime I pass through a Make-Up shop I look at the glosses and Lipsticks and I remember how lovely these are so I smile and pass :-) ....................................................................... II have gone mad ! It's oficial !! I am in love with this glosses!!! I am Mediterranean so I tend to go for medium to darker shades. TAFFY = as a nude gloss , not nude transparent but a hint of colour ( it's a mixture of Pink and Pale brown and it feels like a Lipsheer and stays a lot lot longer than a Gloss. very flatering for almost any skin tone. CAMPARI = when I want to wear red, but it's a Red that you can wear day and night and it's sexy. I just wanted to try a Red Lipstick and this was the perfect one to get familiar with red. NOUGAT = for a more bown finish , has maybe a 50& warm brown and 25 % berry and 25% deep pink. a good Lip gloss for more colour and suitable for mediterranean skin tones These babys are Lushious & Luxurious they must be one of the most expensive and righly so, but this are more like a lipsheer than a gloss imho. ... so why they don't put a LIS BRUSH o them ? That annoyed me ! Grrr ! - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - MAC NC 35 / Chanel Beige / Laura Mercier Sand / Chantecaille Tan . / By Terry Vanilla Light Number 5 ./ SKII OP-4

About reviewer (118 reviews)

SkinDry, Olive, Not Sure

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

13 years ago

I won't comment on colors; there are posts dedicated to that. Overall, however, the quality of these glosses is superb. I have not found a product that equals. Now, there are other glosses that I like, that have better packaging, that are eaiser to use (due to a built in brush), but these moisturize, give a lovely finish (not high "hooker" gloss and not sticky), and last. They ARE the only glosses that do NOT dry out my lips after wearing them for more than 8 hours. No other brand is able to do that. Love the product.

About reviewer (330 reviews)

Age

SkinSensitive, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

14 years ago

Lip gloss without the gloss. I have Nectar, it is velvety smooth and has a nice color, but almost no shine. Also the compact is very shallow and does not have an applicator. . .must use fingers or bring along a brush. Edit: when I first received this gloss I was disappointed in it's lack of gloss. However after using it for a while I have found it's the perfect understated color for little or no makeup days. This gloss is extremely nourishing to my lips, they have never been softer or looked as healthy. Even with packaging issues, I would repurchase.

About reviewer (28 reviews)

SkinCombination

HairBrunette

14 years ago

I'm reviewing DRAGON FRUIT lip gloss from the Kyoto palette (not yet available as a single, but i hope they release it as a single!). Divine color- sort of rose with a melon undertone- sheer, yet more opaque than many of chantecaille's other glosses. Has a fruity flavor that is unique to this gloss. Limited edition so far in the kyoto palette, but a definate re-purchase if released solo!

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal

HairBlond

14 years ago

I purchased this from ebay in Taffy after reading all the great reviews posted here. Since it had no scent I thought it might work for me. The color is a very sheer rose, great for a clean everyday look with my red hair and fair skin. The packaging is lousy- the compact is very shallow and you have to use a lipbrush or your finger. The worst part for me was the chemical sunscreen in it which I'm allergic to. Why do they need to add a suncreen to a lipgloss? Also, there was no staying power so you'd have to reapply it a lot. With my allergy to the sunscreen this isn't something I could wear and I gave it to another redheaded friend. It is very creamy and a nice color but needs better packaging and to get rid of the sunscreen.

About reviewer (108 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

15 years ago

I have this in my evening bag because the packaging is very delicate and the writing on the compact can be scratched off easily (hence the -1 lippee)! I use this with my MAC compact lip brush. Good product but delicate.

About reviewer (426 reviews)

SkinNormal

HairBrunette

15 years ago

I have to say I adore Chantecaille. It is probably the most wonderful company. I love the foundations (future skin wheat) and am also in love with the lip glosses. I've tried bellini, nectar, all the ones that come in the les delices 5 lip pot case. They are absolutely amazing. Smooth and creamy-no drying-light subtle shiny colors--bellini looks good with my warm skin tone!! Excellent. I forgot to mention how much I love the silvery compact cases-they look ultra pretty in your bag and so feminine!!

About reviewer (64 reviews)

Age19-24