E.L.F. Studio Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20

image 1image 2image 3image 4

2.8

Price: $

Price: $

ACTIVE: Benzophenone-3, Ethylhexyl Isopalmitate, Titanium Dioxide. INACTIVE: Water, Mineral Oil, Cyclomethicone, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Propylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Steareth-21 Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-2, Glyceryl Stearate, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Propylparabem, Tocopherol(VE), Retinyl Acetate(VA), Ascorbyk Palmitate(VC), Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, MAY CONTAIN: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

Holy frigging orange. I had no idea that they make foundation for tangerines. I thought they made them for humans. Unless if you're a tangerine, or Donald Trump, or just really like orange skin, don't purchase this. It isn't worth the six bucks. Save your money.

My review is only said in a few words-BEST FOUNDATION EVER(considering the price.) Although, stay away if you are super tan; darker shades are tinted orange. But the lighter ivory shades are not only cheap but good quality. As long as you protect your skin with SPF or Bb cream before, you are quarenteed to love this product. It blends great and has medium coverage. Highly recommended!

To Read all 207 Reviews, Login or Join

I think I am on the fence with this one. I bought this in Nude and it's slightly too orange for my skin tone, so I use E.L.F maximum coverage concealer in Porcelain over this to pale it down. Regardless of the cons, I would still use this in emergency cases where I haven't got any foundation or am needing a quick fix. Will finish tube, but probably not purchase again unfortunately due to the consistency and lasting time.

PROS:

*Although it is a tinted moisturiser I find the coverage is still good and almost like a BB cream coverage
* Very moisturising
* Easy and hygienic to dispense from tube
* Price is good for size (NZ$10)

CONS:

*Smell is very strong (I am not too bothered but it smells like a chemical caramel if you hate strong scents)
*Consistency dries too quickly so spreading isn't easy no matter how fast you go
* Melted off my face in patches (not for oily skin areas)

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I am shocked at how badly this has rated. This is a little gem IMO. I purchased this in Porcelain along with the Maximum Coverage Concealer also in Porcelain. My main criteria for tinted moisturisers is that they moisturise and they also add some coverage. I figure that I can use concealer where I need a bit of extra help. I also like it to be satin more than shiny.

Anyway, this comes in a very convenient tube. The texture is liquid but not too runny. I apply it with my Beauty Blender usually over Olay Daily Moisturising sunscreen SPF30+. You can definitely see some colour payoff. I have used TM's in the past that were useless because they were way too sheer. This definitely improves the look of my skin and adds a good wash of colour. It is pretty much impossible to get any cakeyness with this. It goes on really smooth. I follow up with the maximum Coverage Concealer under the eye area. I do not even need powder with this. An absolute little bargain! Love!

I'm not impressed with this stuff. I bought the lightest shade, but it's still too dark on me unless I mix it with regular moisturizer. It also tends to be streaky, and the scent is just overwhelming. Plus, my skin broke out like crazy after I used it a couple of times.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Don't waste your time on this product

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Very inexpensive, and doesn't look bad when on. I didn't buy it expecting any coverage, I was more interested in the moisturizing properties, as well as the vitamins. However, when I put it on, it would grip to the dry areas, not adding any moisture, and would drift causing weird streaks on my face.

on 11/2/2015 8:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I wanted to try this product for a very long time and when i've finally got a hold of it, i was excited to try it. I live in a tropical country where it is warm and humid most of the time.

Pros:
- Cheap
- I personally like the tube packaging

Cons:
- it leaves a blotchy patch
- it melts fast under the sun!

I honestly am very disappointed with this product. It is a tinted moisturizer, so its light coverage and have spf 20, BUT it leaves a blotchy patch even when i wear primer! it also melts like crazy when i am outside.
i am sure that the weather here in my country plays a part of the cons, but i would not recommend anyone who lives in a tropical county like me to purchase this.

on 10/19/2015 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this about 5 months ago and it's still sitting on my vanity, barely used. I was expecting this to be like TheBalm Balm Shelter (which I LOVE!!) but this is no where the same. It has a very liquidy consistency when applied and it comes out orange. I got the color 'Porcelain' and this is NOT porcelain. It's also very streaky and has absolutely no coverage. at least most tinted moisturizers have some coverage. Not this one. It also has a very odd/distinct smell. It smells a bit like chemicals, not fruity or flowery. The only thing that I do like about this is that it's spf 20. But that isn't a good enough reason to purchase. I'll stick to my Balm Shelter for now.

This is not a pigmented face product. I was going to give this 3 stars because of lack of pigmentation, but I give it props because it's a tinted moisturizer. Tinted moisturizers are suppose to be sheer. I was expecting more coverage, but I'll still use this.

This is my first tinted moisturizer, as I have pretty oily, acne prone skin. But I wanted to give this a try because $3 right?

I use this by applying to my face with fingers and covering dark circles, blemishes, scarring, etc with concealer. I like this for light makeup days.

I'd repurchase this just because it feels really good on my skin and isn't breaking me out. If anything, it's helping acne. If you are looking for coverage, this won't give it to you.

Ehh, I say stick with BB creams and foundations for full face cover-ers haha. Using this more as a skin treatment.