Alterna Haircare Bamboo smooth anti frizz

Filtered by hair type : Curly
No Image

2.3

Water (Aqua), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium 2-Sulfolaurate, Sodium Methyl 2-Sulfolaurate , Cetrimonium Chloride, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Bambusa Vulgaris Water, Bambusa Arundinacea Stem Extract, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Aleurites Moluccana Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Wood Extract, Moringa Pterygosperma Seed Oil, Shorea Stenoptera Seed Butter, Wasabia Japonica Root Extract, Lauramide MEA, PEG-150 Distearate, Silicone Quaternium-8, Glycerin, PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Panthenol, Amodimethicone, Polyquaternium-55, PEG-90 Glyceryl Isostearate, Methyl Gluceth-10, PEG-15 Soyamine/IPDI Copolymer Dimer Dilinoleate, Sodium Benzoate, Polyquaternium-7, C11-15 Pareth-7, Quaternium-95, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hydrogenated Castor Oil/Sebacic Acid Copolymer, Panthenyl Hydroxypropyl Steardimonium Chloride, Linalool, Laureth-9, Disodium EDTA, Propanediol, Laureth-2, Trideceth-12, Citronellol, Polysilicone-15, Aminomethyl Propanol, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Phospholipids, Methylisothiazolinone, Polyquaternium-10, Silanetriol Melaninate, Superoxide Dismutase, Limonene, Bromelain, Papain, Fragrance (Parfum).

on 4/6/2015 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Did not improve frizz at all. I had high hopes since I love Alterna's Caviar line but it's so expensive, I thought I could alternate with this but it left my hair feeling very dry and frizzy.

on 1/23/2012 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

EDIT: I stopped using this and went back to Moroccan oil shampoo. I just found that it wasn't really doing anything for me -- if anything it's been drying out my hair or making it more fly-away... can't put my finger on it. Glad I only bought the travel sized bottles.

I got this as a sample from sephora once (with conditioner and serum). I don't usually use sample shampoos but I was going on a trip and could only bring a small amount of shampoo/conditioner/serum with me on-board the plane. I normally use Moroccan oil (moisturizing conditioner/shampoo and deep conditioning treatment) but after annoyingly buying a fresh bottle of shampoo after running out, I'm not so sure anymore if Moroccan oil shampoo is for me. I loved it at first but i feel as though my hair almost needs a break from it now... Anyway this shampoo came at the perfect time and I may alternate between the two from now on.
I love the smell the most - i think that is the main reason i'm hooked on this. it also makes my hair soft and shiny (i wash it 2.5 times a week and blowdry/flat iron - my hair is naturally curly and not too, too processed with color, but it gets damaged easily)...
I will go out and buy this stuff bc of the smell and i think it'll be nice to switch back and forth with the moroccan oil. will edit this review after multiple uses to see how it holds up over time.

on 11/29/2011 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I wonder how thick and dry the hair of the previous reviewers' is since this did absolutely NOTHING for mine. It simply doesn't moisturize and de-frizz my hair any better than a drugstore product even though it's 3x the price. It smells nice, and I like the twist-cap bottle, but the shampoo and conditioner themselves are overpriced and useless *for me*. If you have finer, thinner, normal hair this might be fine for you but it's definitely NOT for me.

Popular Shampoos