Alterna Haircare Bamboo smooth anti frizz

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
No Image

4.2

Water (Aqua), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium 2-Sulfolaurate, Sodium Methyl 2-Sulfolaurate , Cetrimonium Chloride, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Bambusa Vulgaris Water, Bambusa Arundinacea Stem Extract, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Aleurites Moluccana Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Wood Extract, Moringa Pterygosperma Seed Oil, Shorea Stenoptera Seed Butter, Wasabia Japonica Root Extract, Lauramide MEA, PEG-150 Distearate, Silicone Quaternium-8, Glycerin, PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Panthenol, Amodimethicone, Polyquaternium-55, PEG-90 Glyceryl Isostearate, Methyl Gluceth-10, PEG-15 Soyamine/IPDI Copolymer Dimer Dilinoleate, Sodium Benzoate, Polyquaternium-7, C11-15 Pareth-7, Quaternium-95, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hydrogenated Castor Oil/Sebacic Acid Copolymer, Panthenyl Hydroxypropyl Steardimonium Chloride, Linalool, Laureth-9, Disodium EDTA, Propanediol, Laureth-2, Trideceth-12, Citronellol, Polysilicone-15, Aminomethyl Propanol, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Phospholipids, Methylisothiazolinone, Polyquaternium-10, Silanetriol Melaninate, Superoxide Dismutase, Limonene, Bromelain, Papain, Fragrance (Parfum).

on 11/14/2015 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Ugh. This shampoo does not preform anything like you'd expect based off the ingredient list. It feels no different than using a shampoo from the dollar store. Despite having so many awesome ingredients, Alterna Bamboo Smooth Anti-Frizz shampoo is super drying.

I would only use it as a clarifying shampoo in desperate times. Other than that, forget it. I even tried applying conditioner to my scalp and THEN using this, followed by conditioner again. The results were not worth the trouble.

Alterna has disappointed me as a brand. I don't mind paying the extra $$$ for good ingredients, but the performance of EVERYTHING I've tried so far has been mediocre at best.

This shampoo gets 2 lippies based on the ingredient list. The missing three are due to the actual quality of the product itself.

on 2/5/2015 1:52:00 PM

This shampoo is great! It is sulfate free and free of parabens also! It smells floral and fresh. The lather is awesome for a sulfate free shampoo. Works excellent! The only thing is the bottle makes it hard to get the product out. Ya gotta shake shake shake it till it comes out soundin like a fart!! Oh well I'll still buy again! It is expensive though so I'll start save like now!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I received a sample of this and decided to pair it with my Agave Smoothing Conditioner. I combed my hair, added some John Frieda Frizz Ease & a small amount of TRESemme hairspray, and let it air dry. Usually when I let my hair air dry, it takes me a little extra maneuvering when getting ready, but I do this every so often so as to give my very long, wavy, moderately frizzy hair a break from heat damage! When I used this shampoo with the above mentioned, I did notice less frizz. The formula itself is a bit thick for a shampoo, but I kind of like this because it somehow made it seem rich & luxurious. The smell is nice, not overpowering. I'm not saying it's a miracle, but I'm definitely willing to purchase a full sized bottle and stick with this regimen on days when I allow my hair to air dry or in humid climates!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I'm so glad I found Alterna. I started with the Bamboo Shine S/C but still had some frizz issues. I use the Anti-Frizz shampoo and the Bamboo Shine conditioner and let my hair air dry. (Also, for reference, I use Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Hydrocream Whip to "scrunch" my waves. Love.)

I'm pretty sure I've found the winning combo for my hair. I tend to play with my hair during the day (which is a huge no-no for curlies!) But with this combo, I actually like the smooth waves I have on day 2 and 3.

Smell of the shampoo is great. I'm also very glad to support sustainable products that are mindful of their impact on earth.

The only reason I didn't give it a 5 is because this shampoo is a little thick (so is the Alterna color shampoo) and a little tough to squeeze out of the bottle...but maybe I'm just weak in the morning! :)

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Tried many shampoos before finding this gem.. It's gentle to your hair, cleanses well and the anti frizz benefits are noticeable.. I happen to also use the same conditioner an love it. Don't care to much for the twist up tops as product gets trapped between the bottle and the cap that's my only complaint..

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I love both the shampoo and the conditioner. Hair are really almost frizzy free after using these products even with no heat styling at all. Huge difference when using these compared to othe products. I dont think it;s so pricey compared to other alterna products or all other salon brands and it's definatelly worth the money. I love that is sulfate and paraben free. Also both products do really hydrate hair. I do find though they work much better when combined. Another user mentioned that alterna conditioners are not moisturising. I disagree. I find Alterna conditioners and treatments more hydrating than every other brand i have tried. My hair dont really like protein and i believe alterna doesn;t have protein in the bamboo line that's why ly hair likes it so much. I will try the shine shampoo and conditioner in the future. I would definatelly reccoment the smooth anti frizz.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

OHMYGOD I looove this so much! I have wavy, long and really fine hair that's prone to frizz, split ends and DULLNESS. Oh yes, my hair is never shiny. Never. I have tried so many produtcts to tame frizz and make my hair look shiny and healthy. Error. Nothing has worked so far. I first used the Bamboo Luminous Shine collection and it worked really well!! My hair looked a bit shiny and was soft but it was somehow undernourished... So when my friend offered me some samples I took them. I used the shampoo&conditioner without anything else as I wanted to see how it performed without added products (I normally use leave in-conditioner, a hair oil and a split end serum)..and WOW! my hair was oh so soft, really shiny (I couldn't stop checking if it was actually MY hair!) and my split ends (I get them all the time, even 1 week after a trim!) were much less noticeable. I am more than happy with this and will definitely buy the full size once the Luminous Shine stuff is empty! Try it, you won't be disappointed! Also love the bottle design and the twist/squeeze bottles!
Oh and btw, if you add the Kendi Oil Treatment your hair will look EVEN shinier and healthier! :)

on 3/6/2012 3:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Got this as a sample at Sephora and decided to give it a try. I really have no strong feelings on this shampoo one way or the other. It has quite a nice, inoffensive smell that I enjoyed greatly, and I like that it's sulfate-free. However, I didn't notice anything miraculous or even particularly notable. My hair is short (chin length) and was already fairly shiny and healthy, despite being colored. I suspect over time it would weigh my hair down slightly, but then again this isn't exactly formulated for my hair type, so not really anyone's fault.

I did like that it lathered easily and well (yay!) unlike some of the other sulfate-free shampoos I have tried, and seemed to leave my scalp feeling clean for the life of the sample (around 3 shampoos.) IMO, not quite enough time to really get a feel for it. It is important to note that, during that time, my hair and scalp felt clean, which is something I've lacked with other sulfate-frees.

The sample did its job and acted as a gateway to Alterna for me... I decided to try some of the other shampoo/conditioners and am hoping they will work out!

If this is something that you think will work for your hair type I'd definitely give it a whirl... not really for finer, naturally a bit limper (particularly on day 2) short fairly frizz-free hair.

This shampoo (with the Bamboo smooth anti frizz conditioner) saved my hair during a really difficult time. A year and a half ago, due to a prescription medication, I started losing my hair and it continued until half was gone. What I did left have turned frizzy, dull, and it lost a lot of its color..totally dead hair.

I did a lot of research - I wanted to go with a sulfate free shampoo because of how stripping the sulfates can be. This shampoo seemed to promise to deliver what I wanted. My mom gave me a few bottles on a trip to visit me and when I left her hotel, I ran home and washed my hair immediately! When I saw her later she commented that my hair looked a lot better - and it did. I have been using this product for 7 months now. My hair has grown out a lot and I've cut most of the dead stuff off now. I could go for something else... frankly, I want a change. But during that time where I was desperate, I can't think of a better shampoo for dull, frizzy scary hair. I plan to always keep a bottle of this in my shower.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I received this as a sample pack of the shampoo and conditioner at Sephora.

This was my first experience with a sulfate-free shampoo. I was very pleasantly surprised; I did not need to use much at all, and actually used a smaller amount than I usually do with my badforyou sulfate shampoo. There is a little pleasant foaming, with none of the stripping feeling.

I was worried about two things when it comes to sulfate-free shampoos; one being how clean they get my hair, and also that I would end up using too much to compensate for the lack of foaming. My hair feels very clean and smooth, and there was just enough foam to satisfy me and keep me from piling it on. :)

The scent is lovely. It smells very clean, natural, and does not linger too much once your hair is dry (I don't want it to compete with any other scented perfumes/products I use later) but still smells nice and makes the shower enjoyable.

Just let my hair air dry an immediately noticed how much shinier it looks.

I do love this shampoo and the conditioner. It's so expensive that I'm not sure about buying an actual bottle, but it I get some extra money soon, I'll definitely be buying it as a treat for my hair.

Popular Shampoos