Alterna Haircare Bamboo smooth anti frizz

Filtered by skin type : Oily
No Image

4.3

Water (Aqua), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium 2-Sulfolaurate, Sodium Methyl 2-Sulfolaurate , Cetrimonium Chloride, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Bambusa Vulgaris Water, Bambusa Arundinacea Stem Extract, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Aleurites Moluccana Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Wood Extract, Moringa Pterygosperma Seed Oil, Shorea Stenoptera Seed Butter, Wasabia Japonica Root Extract, Lauramide MEA, PEG-150 Distearate, Silicone Quaternium-8, Glycerin, PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Panthenol, Amodimethicone, Polyquaternium-55, PEG-90 Glyceryl Isostearate, Methyl Gluceth-10, PEG-15 Soyamine/IPDI Copolymer Dimer Dilinoleate, Sodium Benzoate, Polyquaternium-7, C11-15 Pareth-7, Quaternium-95, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hydrogenated Castor Oil/Sebacic Acid Copolymer, Panthenyl Hydroxypropyl Steardimonium Chloride, Linalool, Laureth-9, Disodium EDTA, Propanediol, Laureth-2, Trideceth-12, Citronellol, Polysilicone-15, Aminomethyl Propanol, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Phospholipids, Methylisothiazolinone, Polyquaternium-10, Silanetriol Melaninate, Superoxide Dismutase, Limonene, Bromelain, Papain, Fragrance (Parfum).

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I love both the shampoo and the conditioner. Hair are really almost frizzy free after using these products even with no heat styling at all. Huge difference when using these compared to othe products. I dont think it;s so pricey compared to other alterna products or all other salon brands and it's definatelly worth the money. I love that is sulfate and paraben free. Also both products do really hydrate hair. I do find though they work much better when combined. Another user mentioned that alterna conditioners are not moisturising. I disagree. I find Alterna conditioners and treatments more hydrating than every other brand i have tried. My hair dont really like protein and i believe alterna doesn;t have protein in the bamboo line that's why ly hair likes it so much. I will try the shine shampoo and conditioner in the future. I would definatelly reccoment the smooth anti frizz.

on 8/4/2011 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is my HG shampoo, I've purchased it twice already and would totally do so for a third time. I was first attracted to it because I wanted to experiment with a sulfate-free shampoo. This product basically does what it says it will do, make your hair smooth and frizz free. I'd rather pay for a quality product rather than put chemicals in my hair from drugstore shampoos. No more brittleness and dry hair for me. And it doesn't even make my hair go greasy because its not stripping it and making it go into sebum overdrive. I'm very happy my hair dresser introduced me to this.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I received this as a sample pack of the shampoo and conditioner at Sephora.

This was my first experience with a sulfate-free shampoo. I was very pleasantly surprised; I did not need to use much at all, and actually used a smaller amount than I usually do with my badforyou sulfate shampoo. There is a little pleasant foaming, with none of the stripping feeling.

I was worried about two things when it comes to sulfate-free shampoos; one being how clean they get my hair, and also that I would end up using too much to compensate for the lack of foaming. My hair feels very clean and smooth, and there was just enough foam to satisfy me and keep me from piling it on. :)

The scent is lovely. It smells very clean, natural, and does not linger too much once your hair is dry (I don't want it to compete with any other scented perfumes/products I use later) but still smells nice and makes the shower enjoyable.

Just let my hair air dry an immediately noticed how much shinier it looks.

I do love this shampoo and the conditioner. It's so expensive that I'm not sure about buying an actual bottle, but it I get some extra money soon, I'll definitely be buying it as a treat for my hair.