Alterna Haircare Bamboo smooth anti frizz

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
No Image

3.3

Water (Aqua), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium 2-Sulfolaurate, Sodium Methyl 2-Sulfolaurate , Cetrimonium Chloride, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Bambusa Vulgaris Water, Bambusa Arundinacea Stem Extract, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Aleurites Moluccana Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Wood Extract, Moringa Pterygosperma Seed Oil, Shorea Stenoptera Seed Butter, Wasabia Japonica Root Extract, Lauramide MEA, PEG-150 Distearate, Silicone Quaternium-8, Glycerin, PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Panthenol, Amodimethicone, Polyquaternium-55, PEG-90 Glyceryl Isostearate, Methyl Gluceth-10, PEG-15 Soyamine/IPDI Copolymer Dimer Dilinoleate, Sodium Benzoate, Polyquaternium-7, C11-15 Pareth-7, Quaternium-95, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hydrogenated Castor Oil/Sebacic Acid Copolymer, Panthenyl Hydroxypropyl Steardimonium Chloride, Linalool, Laureth-9, Disodium EDTA, Propanediol, Laureth-2, Trideceth-12, Citronellol, Polysilicone-15, Aminomethyl Propanol, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Phospholipids, Methylisothiazolinone, Polyquaternium-10, Silanetriol Melaninate, Superoxide Dismutase, Limonene, Bromelain, Papain, Fragrance (Parfum).

on 4/6/2015 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Did not improve frizz at all. I had high hopes since I love Alterna's Caviar line but it's so expensive, I thought I could alternate with this but it left my hair feeling very dry and frizzy.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I'm so glad I found Alterna. I started with the Bamboo Shine S/C but still had some frizz issues. I use the Anti-Frizz shampoo and the Bamboo Shine conditioner and let my hair air dry. (Also, for reference, I use Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Hydrocream Whip to "scrunch" my waves. Love.)

I'm pretty sure I've found the winning combo for my hair. I tend to play with my hair during the day (which is a huge no-no for curlies!) But with this combo, I actually like the smooth waves I have on day 2 and 3.

Smell of the shampoo is great. I'm also very glad to support sustainable products that are mindful of their impact on earth.

The only reason I didn't give it a 5 is because this shampoo is a little thick (so is the Alterna color shampoo) and a little tough to squeeze out of the bottle...but maybe I'm just weak in the morning! :)

on 2/13/2013 9:36:00 AM

It's definitely better than the cheap shampoos, it doesn't upset the ph balance of your hair (so I think). I still think it's too expensive though. The packaging is so bad. I had to keep it upright all the time, it leaked on furniture in a B&B and stained it. I don't know how to explain it but when you undo the lid, at the top of the bottle there are two little plastic things that stick up and it looks like the top of each are melted down. I don't know how but they seemed to have "burst" before I even took it home. Shampoo leaks from there. I had to buy another bottle by the time I realised and same thing happened. Poor packaging.

My hair was less frizzy but still frizzy enough to be embarrassed by going out without styling it properly.

For me it's not worth the price tag.
I use Moroccanoil shampoo and conditioners now and so much better (honestly).

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

OHMYGOD I looove this so much! I have wavy, long and really fine hair that's prone to frizz, split ends and DULLNESS. Oh yes, my hair is never shiny. Never. I have tried so many produtcts to tame frizz and make my hair look shiny and healthy. Error. Nothing has worked so far. I first used the Bamboo Luminous Shine collection and it worked really well!! My hair looked a bit shiny and was soft but it was somehow undernourished... So when my friend offered me some samples I took them. I used the shampoo&conditioner without anything else as I wanted to see how it performed without added products (I normally use leave in-conditioner, a hair oil and a split end serum)..and WOW! my hair was oh so soft, really shiny (I couldn't stop checking if it was actually MY hair!) and my split ends (I get them all the time, even 1 week after a trim!) were much less noticeable. I am more than happy with this and will definitely buy the full size once the Luminous Shine stuff is empty! Try it, you won't be disappointed! Also love the bottle design and the twist/squeeze bottles!
Oh and btw, if you add the Kendi Oil Treatment your hair will look EVEN shinier and healthier! :)

Popular Shampoos