Alterna Haircare Bamboo smooth anti frizz

Filtered by skin type : Combination
No Image

4.6

Water (Aqua), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium 2-Sulfolaurate, Sodium Methyl 2-Sulfolaurate , Cetrimonium Chloride, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Bambusa Vulgaris Water, Bambusa Arundinacea Stem Extract, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Aleurites Moluccana Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Wood Extract, Moringa Pterygosperma Seed Oil, Shorea Stenoptera Seed Butter, Wasabia Japonica Root Extract, Lauramide MEA, PEG-150 Distearate, Silicone Quaternium-8, Glycerin, PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Panthenol, Amodimethicone, Polyquaternium-55, PEG-90 Glyceryl Isostearate, Methyl Gluceth-10, PEG-15 Soyamine/IPDI Copolymer Dimer Dilinoleate, Sodium Benzoate, Polyquaternium-7, C11-15 Pareth-7, Quaternium-95, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hydrogenated Castor Oil/Sebacic Acid Copolymer, Panthenyl Hydroxypropyl Steardimonium Chloride, Linalool, Laureth-9, Disodium EDTA, Propanediol, Laureth-2, Trideceth-12, Citronellol, Polysilicone-15, Aminomethyl Propanol, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Phospholipids, Methylisothiazolinone, Polyquaternium-10, Silanetriol Melaninate, Superoxide Dismutase, Limonene, Bromelain, Papain, Fragrance (Parfum).

on 7/7/2014 6:27:00 PM

This shampoo & conditioner makes my hair so happy. I use the clarifying shampoo first and then re-shampoo with the anti frizz. It seems expensive because its about $22 for a small bottle but with this product a little goes a really long way. I have really thick hair and all i need of each is just a dime sized amount. if it doesnt feel sudsy enough just keep adding a little more water to your hair. I think its magical. I love the fragrance too, even though its synthetic. My boyfriend really likes the smell of my hair now that im using this.

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I love the scent and that it is free of parabens, sulfates, phthalates, and synthetic colour. I used this with the Alterna Bamboo Smooth Anti-Frizz Conditioner. They worked well for me, BUT I also use coconut oil on the ends of my hair with all conditioners and deep condition my hair once a week. It is not my favourite shampoo/conditioner because there are still way too many chemicals (the ingredient list is very long), it would be better without the synthetic fragrance, EDTA, and PEGs, among other things.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I received a sample of this and decided to pair it with my Agave Smoothing Conditioner. I combed my hair, added some John Frieda Frizz Ease & a small amount of TRESemme hairspray, and let it air dry. Usually when I let my hair air dry, it takes me a little extra maneuvering when getting ready, but I do this every so often so as to give my very long, wavy, moderately frizzy hair a break from heat damage! When I used this shampoo with the above mentioned, I did notice less frizz. The formula itself is a bit thick for a shampoo, but I kind of like this because it somehow made it seem rich & luxurious. The smell is nice, not overpowering. I'm not saying it's a miracle, but I'm definitely willing to purchase a full sized bottle and stick with this regimen on days when I allow my hair to air dry or in humid climates!

This is an amaaaaazing shampoo! I have really long hair so I really need some good hair care to take care of my hair! The smell of this is wonderful and my hair is very soft and smooth after use!
It is really expensive, but I do think that it is so good that I would repurchase - give it a try!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Tried many shampoos before finding this gem.. It's gentle to your hair, cleanses well and the anti frizz benefits are noticeable.. I happen to also use the same conditioner an love it. Don't care to much for the twist up tops as product gets trapped between the bottle and the cap that's my only complaint..

This shampoo is wonderful, and I notice a huge difference when I use it vs. when I do not. When I use it, my hair is smooth, easier to blowdry, frizz-free, and full of body. When I don't, it frizzes and is very unmanageable. This shampoo also protects my color, and it isn't tested on animals, which I appreciate! I highly recommend - I've tried many shampoos but always come back to this one, as it provides obvious results!

on 1/23/2012 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

EDIT: I stopped using this and went back to Moroccan oil shampoo. I just found that it wasn't really doing anything for me -- if anything it's been drying out my hair or making it more fly-away... can't put my finger on it. Glad I only bought the travel sized bottles.

I got this as a sample from sephora once (with conditioner and serum). I don't usually use sample shampoos but I was going on a trip and could only bring a small amount of shampoo/conditioner/serum with me on-board the plane. I normally use Moroccan oil (moisturizing conditioner/shampoo and deep conditioning treatment) but after annoyingly buying a fresh bottle of shampoo after running out, I'm not so sure anymore if Moroccan oil shampoo is for me. I loved it at first but i feel as though my hair almost needs a break from it now... Anyway this shampoo came at the perfect time and I may alternate between the two from now on.
I love the smell the most - i think that is the main reason i'm hooked on this. it also makes my hair soft and shiny (i wash it 2.5 times a week and blowdry/flat iron - my hair is naturally curly and not too, too processed with color, but it gets damaged easily)...
I will go out and buy this stuff bc of the smell and i think it'll be nice to switch back and forth with the moroccan oil. will edit this review after multiple uses to see how it holds up over time.

This shampoo (with the Bamboo smooth anti frizz conditioner) saved my hair during a really difficult time. A year and a half ago, due to a prescription medication, I started losing my hair and it continued until half was gone. What I did left have turned frizzy, dull, and it lost a lot of its color..totally dead hair.

I did a lot of research - I wanted to go with a sulfate free shampoo because of how stripping the sulfates can be. This shampoo seemed to promise to deliver what I wanted. My mom gave me a few bottles on a trip to visit me and when I left her hotel, I ran home and washed my hair immediately! When I saw her later she commented that my hair looked a lot better - and it did. I have been using this product for 7 months now. My hair has grown out a lot and I've cut most of the dead stuff off now. I could go for something else... frankly, I want a change. But during that time where I was desperate, I can't think of a better shampoo for dull, frizzy scary hair. I plan to always keep a bottle of this in my shower.

Popular Shampoos