Alterna Haircare Bamboo smooth anti frizz

Filtered by skin type : Normal
No Image

3.3

Water (Aqua), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium 2-Sulfolaurate, Sodium Methyl 2-Sulfolaurate , Cetrimonium Chloride, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Bambusa Vulgaris Water, Bambusa Arundinacea Stem Extract, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Aleurites Moluccana Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Wood Extract, Moringa Pterygosperma Seed Oil, Shorea Stenoptera Seed Butter, Wasabia Japonica Root Extract, Lauramide MEA, PEG-150 Distearate, Silicone Quaternium-8, Glycerin, PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Panthenol, Amodimethicone, Polyquaternium-55, PEG-90 Glyceryl Isostearate, Methyl Gluceth-10, PEG-15 Soyamine/IPDI Copolymer Dimer Dilinoleate, Sodium Benzoate, Polyquaternium-7, C11-15 Pareth-7, Quaternium-95, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hydrogenated Castor Oil/Sebacic Acid Copolymer, Panthenyl Hydroxypropyl Steardimonium Chloride, Linalool, Laureth-9, Disodium EDTA, Propanediol, Laureth-2, Trideceth-12, Citronellol, Polysilicone-15, Aminomethyl Propanol, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Phospholipids, Methylisothiazolinone, Polyquaternium-10, Silanetriol Melaninate, Superoxide Dismutase, Limonene, Bromelain, Papain, Fragrance (Parfum).

I finally gave in to buying this shampoo, with the matching conditioner. I will start off by saying I do not like the smell of this shampoo at all. Something about the smell makes me nauseous, it's gross. The conditoner on the other hand, smells a lot better & I can tolerate it. Besides that, this shampoo felt very nice on my hair & it gently, but effectively cleaned my scalp & hair very well. I think this shampoo removed a lot of the build up from hair products. This has not dried my hair out so far, & this did leave my hair really smooth, with almost no frizz in sight. This did not eliminate 100% of the frizz, but it did make a lot of it less noticeable. This shampoo/conditioner is very expensive, especially for the amount you get. I have very thick, naturally curly hair....so I'll be done with this bottle in 3 weeks tops. Which, really doesn't justify the price of this. So overall, I'm not sure if I would buy this again. This did work well, but it wasn't anything amazing. Definitely not HG material. I still gave this a rating of 4 out of 5, because the product itself was pretty good. I just know I can find something that's just as good as this shampoo/conditioner, for way less that comes with a way higher amount of product.

on 11/29/2011 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I wonder how thick and dry the hair of the previous reviewers' is since this did absolutely NOTHING for mine. It simply doesn't moisturize and de-frizz my hair any better than a drugstore product even though it's 3x the price. It smells nice, and I like the twist-cap bottle, but the shampoo and conditioner themselves are overpriced and useless *for me*. If you have finer, thinner, normal hair this might be fine for you but it's definitely NOT for me.

on 6/28/2011 12:54:00 PM

even though i will not buy this again, im giving this shampoo a 4 star rating because it is very good, and it does what it promises - elimiates frizz! i have terrible hair, its crinkley course, fine, flat, dull, frizzy, lifeless. (if you didn't think you could have fine and coarse hair at the same time, u haven't seen mine haha). despite it's appearance i still keep my hair long to my waist, just because i love the look of long hair!

i saw this at my salon and bought it for $28 for 8oz, at my salon. it was pricey but reading the other reviews i decided to try it. it was way better than the one i had been using (Nioxin, which i used to combat hair thinning, but it really dried out my hair). it delivered as promised - it really cut down on the frizz. it also smelled amazing... without a doubt the best smelling shampoo i've ever used.

unfortunately i needed something MUCH more volumizing, and MUCH more moisturising. i was very pleased with the product otherwise, so i decided to stick with the brand and try Alterna's Science of 10 shampoo...which is even more expensive than this one. the Science of 10 is my HG shampoo, it definately delievered. i can't believe it solved ALL my hair problems :o)

if the only problem you have is frizziness, i would highly recommend the alterna anti fizz shampoo. if you have extremily problematic hair like mine, that needs extra extra special care, (providing you can afford the price tag, it's something like $60 for 8oz) id suggest Science of 10. read my review on that one :o).