Alterna Haircare Bamboo smooth anti frizz

Filtered by skin type : Very Dry
No Image

1 review

Water (Aqua), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium 2-Sulfolaurate, Sodium Methyl 2-Sulfolaurate , Cetrimonium Chloride, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Bambusa Vulgaris Water, Bambusa Arundinacea Stem Extract, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Aleurites Moluccana Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Wood Extract, Moringa Pterygosperma Seed Oil, Shorea Stenoptera Seed Butter, Wasabia Japonica Root Extract, Lauramide MEA, PEG-150 Distearate, Silicone Quaternium-8, Glycerin, PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Panthenol, Amodimethicone, Polyquaternium-55, PEG-90 Glyceryl Isostearate, Methyl Gluceth-10, PEG-15 Soyamine/IPDI Copolymer Dimer Dilinoleate, Sodium Benzoate, Polyquaternium-7, C11-15 Pareth-7, Quaternium-95, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hydrogenated Castor Oil/Sebacic Acid Copolymer, Panthenyl Hydroxypropyl Steardimonium Chloride, Linalool, Laureth-9, Disodium EDTA, Propanediol, Laureth-2, Trideceth-12, Citronellol, Polysilicone-15, Aminomethyl Propanol, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Phospholipids, Methylisothiazolinone, Polyquaternium-10, Silanetriol Melaninate, Superoxide Dismutase, Limonene, Bromelain, Papain, Fragrance (Parfum).

on 12/2/2010 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I bought this new shampoo from Alterna in hope that I would not deal with the second day poof. Even women who have long hair (mine is down to my bum) deal with frizzy, fried, too much build-up hair. I braid mine almost everyday which tends to help break it. I bought this and didn't expect to find such a wonderful product, I thought there was nothing to compare to "ten" or "caviar", oh boy was I wrong!
I took my normal shower and used the shampoo. Most times I don't get a nice slip from shampoos that keep the frizz down. This one gave my hair a nice slip. I have psoriasis and one of the things that happens to me when I use a shampoo and conditioner is I get itchy and claw at myself while showering, that's when I know that what I am using will not be good for me.
This shampoo has no SLS, parabens, gluten, sodium chloride, phthalates, synthetic color, mineral oil, petrolatum, & paba. It has Bamboo extract in it and something called kendi oil. I have never used this oil before and so far (after 1 week) it's working great! It smells like spring to me and it stays in my hair from the day I wash it to the next (which is good to me, I like that). It rinses away clean and the slip I mentioned is not an overly oily one it is smooth like, softened already without conditioner. It is supposed to help strengthen hair and keep it from frizz used with the matching conditioner.
I have shine from this. I have had compliments on my hair glistening and how beautiful it looks. My husband loves the smell, but I love the smell more. My scalp feels clean (bonus points to alterna) and my hair when dry feels soft and manageable.
So far Alterna has hit a home run (again) with this shampoo for me.
If you are sensitive to smell do not use this, it is a very strong clean and flowery smell. It lasts a long time even in a room with smokers. It does not however clash with my favorite perfumes.
I think it gave my hair more body without the frizz that goes along with something like that, it has for me anyway, IMHO.
It's a bit pricey, $20 for 8.5 OZ, and the same for the conditioner. I think I will use this for the winter and see how well it stands up to the cold, rainy, snowy, icy, then into dry air indoor days of winter.
The bottle is a bit difficult to squeeze at first, but if you drop it, it will not spill since the lid is not a flip or push up top. Good thing for me since I am fumble fingers in the shower, LOL.
Give it a try if you are not sensitive to smells and want frizz free, shiny, soft hair.