Alterna Haircare Bamboo smooth anti frizz

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
No Image

3.6

Water (Aqua), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium 2-Sulfolaurate, Sodium Methyl 2-Sulfolaurate , Cetrimonium Chloride, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Bambusa Vulgaris Water, Bambusa Arundinacea Stem Extract, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Aleurites Moluccana Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Wood Extract, Moringa Pterygosperma Seed Oil, Shorea Stenoptera Seed Butter, Wasabia Japonica Root Extract, Lauramide MEA, PEG-150 Distearate, Silicone Quaternium-8, Glycerin, PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Panthenol, Amodimethicone, Polyquaternium-55, PEG-90 Glyceryl Isostearate, Methyl Gluceth-10, PEG-15 Soyamine/IPDI Copolymer Dimer Dilinoleate, Sodium Benzoate, Polyquaternium-7, C11-15 Pareth-7, Quaternium-95, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hydrogenated Castor Oil/Sebacic Acid Copolymer, Panthenyl Hydroxypropyl Steardimonium Chloride, Linalool, Laureth-9, Disodium EDTA, Propanediol, Laureth-2, Trideceth-12, Citronellol, Polysilicone-15, Aminomethyl Propanol, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Phospholipids, Methylisothiazolinone, Polyquaternium-10, Silanetriol Melaninate, Superoxide Dismutase, Limonene, Bromelain, Papain, Fragrance (Parfum).

on 11/14/2015 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Ugh. This shampoo does not preform anything like you'd expect based off the ingredient list. It feels no different than using a shampoo from the dollar store. Despite having so many awesome ingredients, Alterna Bamboo Smooth Anti-Frizz shampoo is super drying.

I would only use it as a clarifying shampoo in desperate times. Other than that, forget it. I even tried applying conditioner to my scalp and THEN using this, followed by conditioner again. The results were not worth the trouble.

Alterna has disappointed me as a brand. I don't mind paying the extra $$$ for good ingredients, but the performance of EVERYTHING I've tried so far has been mediocre at best.

This shampoo gets 2 lippies based on the ingredient list. The missing three are due to the actual quality of the product itself.

on 4/6/2015 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Did not improve frizz at all. I had high hopes since I love Alterna's Caviar line but it's so expensive, I thought I could alternate with this but it left my hair feeling very dry and frizzy.

on 2/5/2015 1:52:00 PM

This shampoo is great! It is sulfate free and free of parabens also! It smells floral and fresh. The lather is awesome for a sulfate free shampoo. Works excellent! The only thing is the bottle makes it hard to get the product out. Ya gotta shake shake shake it till it comes out soundin like a fart!! Oh well I'll still buy again! It is expensive though so I'll start save like now!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I'm so glad I found Alterna. I started with the Bamboo Shine S/C but still had some frizz issues. I use the Anti-Frizz shampoo and the Bamboo Shine conditioner and let my hair air dry. (Also, for reference, I use Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Hydrocream Whip to "scrunch" my waves. Love.)

I'm pretty sure I've found the winning combo for my hair. I tend to play with my hair during the day (which is a huge no-no for curlies!) But with this combo, I actually like the smooth waves I have on day 2 and 3.

Smell of the shampoo is great. I'm also very glad to support sustainable products that are mindful of their impact on earth.

The only reason I didn't give it a 5 is because this shampoo is a little thick (so is the Alterna color shampoo) and a little tough to squeeze out of the bottle...but maybe I'm just weak in the morning! :)

on 2/13/2013 9:36:00 AM

It's definitely better than the cheap shampoos, it doesn't upset the ph balance of your hair (so I think). I still think it's too expensive though. The packaging is so bad. I had to keep it upright all the time, it leaked on furniture in a B&B and stained it. I don't know how to explain it but when you undo the lid, at the top of the bottle there are two little plastic things that stick up and it looks like the top of each are melted down. I don't know how but they seemed to have "burst" before I even took it home. Shampoo leaks from there. I had to buy another bottle by the time I realised and same thing happened. Poor packaging.

My hair was less frizzy but still frizzy enough to be embarrassed by going out without styling it properly.

For me it's not worth the price tag.
I use Moroccanoil shampoo and conditioners now and so much better (honestly).

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I love both the shampoo and the conditioner. Hair are really almost frizzy free after using these products even with no heat styling at all. Huge difference when using these compared to othe products. I dont think it;s so pricey compared to other alterna products or all other salon brands and it's definatelly worth the money. I love that is sulfate and paraben free. Also both products do really hydrate hair. I do find though they work much better when combined. Another user mentioned that alterna conditioners are not moisturising. I disagree. I find Alterna conditioners and treatments more hydrating than every other brand i have tried. My hair dont really like protein and i believe alterna doesn;t have protein in the bamboo line that's why ly hair likes it so much. I will try the shine shampoo and conditioner in the future. I would definatelly reccoment the smooth anti frizz.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

OHMYGOD I looove this so much! I have wavy, long and really fine hair that's prone to frizz, split ends and DULLNESS. Oh yes, my hair is never shiny. Never. I have tried so many produtcts to tame frizz and make my hair look shiny and healthy. Error. Nothing has worked so far. I first used the Bamboo Luminous Shine collection and it worked really well!! My hair looked a bit shiny and was soft but it was somehow undernourished... So when my friend offered me some samples I took them. I used the shampoo&conditioner without anything else as I wanted to see how it performed without added products (I normally use leave in-conditioner, a hair oil and a split end serum)..and WOW! my hair was oh so soft, really shiny (I couldn't stop checking if it was actually MY hair!) and my split ends (I get them all the time, even 1 week after a trim!) were much less noticeable. I am more than happy with this and will definitely buy the full size once the Luminous Shine stuff is empty! Try it, you won't be disappointed! Also love the bottle design and the twist/squeeze bottles!
Oh and btw, if you add the Kendi Oil Treatment your hair will look EVEN shinier and healthier! :)

on 3/6/2012 3:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Got this as a sample at Sephora and decided to give it a try. I really have no strong feelings on this shampoo one way or the other. It has quite a nice, inoffensive smell that I enjoyed greatly, and I like that it's sulfate-free. However, I didn't notice anything miraculous or even particularly notable. My hair is short (chin length) and was already fairly shiny and healthy, despite being colored. I suspect over time it would weigh my hair down slightly, but then again this isn't exactly formulated for my hair type, so not really anyone's fault.

I did like that it lathered easily and well (yay!) unlike some of the other sulfate-free shampoos I have tried, and seemed to leave my scalp feeling clean for the life of the sample (around 3 shampoos.) IMO, not quite enough time to really get a feel for it. It is important to note that, during that time, my hair and scalp felt clean, which is something I've lacked with other sulfate-frees.

The sample did its job and acted as a gateway to Alterna for me... I decided to try some of the other shampoo/conditioners and am hoping they will work out!

If this is something that you think will work for your hair type I'd definitely give it a whirl... not really for finer, naturally a bit limper (particularly on day 2) short fairly frizz-free hair.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I received this as a sample pack of the shampoo and conditioner at Sephora.

This was my first experience with a sulfate-free shampoo. I was very pleasantly surprised; I did not need to use much at all, and actually used a smaller amount than I usually do with my badforyou sulfate shampoo. There is a little pleasant foaming, with none of the stripping feeling.

I was worried about two things when it comes to sulfate-free shampoos; one being how clean they get my hair, and also that I would end up using too much to compensate for the lack of foaming. My hair feels very clean and smooth, and there was just enough foam to satisfy me and keep me from piling it on. :)

The scent is lovely. It smells very clean, natural, and does not linger too much once your hair is dry (I don't want it to compete with any other scented perfumes/products I use later) but still smells nice and makes the shower enjoyable.

Just let my hair air dry an immediately noticed how much shinier it looks.

I do love this shampoo and the conditioner. It's so expensive that I'm not sure about buying an actual bottle, but it I get some extra money soon, I'll definitely be buying it as a treat for my hair.

on 6/28/2011 12:54:00 PM

even though i will not buy this again, im giving this shampoo a 4 star rating because it is very good, and it does what it promises - elimiates frizz! i have terrible hair, its crinkley course, fine, flat, dull, frizzy, lifeless. (if you didn't think you could have fine and coarse hair at the same time, u haven't seen mine haha). despite it's appearance i still keep my hair long to my waist, just because i love the look of long hair!

i saw this at my salon and bought it for $28 for 8oz, at my salon. it was pricey but reading the other reviews i decided to try it. it was way better than the one i had been using (Nioxin, which i used to combat hair thinning, but it really dried out my hair). it delivered as promised - it really cut down on the frizz. it also smelled amazing... without a doubt the best smelling shampoo i've ever used.

unfortunately i needed something MUCH more volumizing, and MUCH more moisturising. i was very pleased with the product otherwise, so i decided to stick with the brand and try Alterna's Science of 10 shampoo...which is even more expensive than this one. the Science of 10 is my HG shampoo, it definately delievered. i can't believe it solved ALL my hair problems :o)

if the only problem you have is frizziness, i would highly recommend the alterna anti fizz shampoo. if you have extremily problematic hair like mine, that needs extra extra special care, (providing you can afford the price tag, it's something like $60 for 8oz) id suggest Science of 10. read my review on that one :o).