Alterna Haircare Bamboo smooth anti frizz

No Image

Water (Aqua), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium 2-Sulfolaurate, Sodium Methyl 2-Sulfolaurate , Cetrimonium Chloride, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Bambusa Vulgaris Water, Bambusa Arundinacea Stem Extract, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Aleurites Moluccana Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Wood Extract, Moringa Pterygosperma Seed Oil, Shorea Stenoptera Seed Butter, Wasabia Japonica Root Extract, Lauramide MEA, PEG-150 Distearate, Silicone Quaternium-8, Glycerin, PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Panthenol, Amodimethicone, Polyquaternium-55, PEG-90 Glyceryl Isostearate, Methyl Gluceth-10, PEG-15 Soyamine/IPDI Copolymer Dimer Dilinoleate, Sodium Benzoate, Polyquaternium-7, C11-15 Pareth-7, Quaternium-95, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hydrogenated Castor Oil/Sebacic Acid Copolymer, Panthenyl Hydroxypropyl Steardimonium Chloride, Linalool, Laureth-9, Disodium EDTA, Propanediol, Laureth-2, Trideceth-12, Citronellol, Polysilicone-15, Aminomethyl Propanol, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Phospholipids, Methylisothiazolinone, Polyquaternium-10, Silanetriol Melaninate, Superoxide Dismutase, Limonene, Bromelain, Papain, Fragrance (Parfum).

on 2/5/2015 1:52:00 PM

This shampoo is great! It is sulfate free and free of parabens also! It smells floral and fresh. The lather is awesome for a sulfate free shampoo. Works excellent! The only thing is the bottle makes it hard to get the product out. Ya gotta shake shake shake it till it comes out soundin like a fart!! Oh well I'll still buy again! It is expensive though so I'll start save like now!

on 7/7/2014 6:27:00 PM

This shampoo & conditioner makes my hair so happy. I use the clarifying shampoo first and then re-shampoo with the anti frizz. It seems expensive because its about $22 for a small bottle but with this product a little goes a really long way. I have really thick hair and all i need of each is just a dime sized amount. if it doesnt feel sudsy enough just keep adding a little more water to your hair. I think its magical. I love the fragrance too, even though its synthetic. My boyfriend really likes the smell of my hair now that im using this.

This is an amaaaaazing shampoo! I have really long hair so I really need some good hair care to take care of my hair! The smell of this is wonderful and my hair is very soft and smooth after use!
It is really expensive, but I do think that it is so good that I would repurchase - give it a try!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Tried many shampoos before finding this gem.. It's gentle to your hair, cleanses well and the anti frizz benefits are noticeable.. I happen to also use the same conditioner an love it. Don't care to much for the twist up tops as product gets trapped between the bottle and the cap that's my only complaint..

This shampoo is wonderful, and I notice a huge difference when I use it vs. when I do not. When I use it, my hair is smooth, easier to blowdry, frizz-free, and full of body. When I don't, it frizzes and is very unmanageable. This shampoo also protects my color, and it isn't tested on animals, which I appreciate! I highly recommend - I've tried many shampoos but always come back to this one, as it provides obvious results!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

OHMYGOD I looove this so much! I have wavy, long and really fine hair that's prone to frizz, split ends and DULLNESS. Oh yes, my hair is never shiny. Never. I have tried so many produtcts to tame frizz and make my hair look shiny and healthy. Error. Nothing has worked so far. I first used the Bamboo Luminous Shine collection and it worked really well!! My hair looked a bit shiny and was soft but it was somehow undernourished... So when my friend offered me some samples I took them. I used the shampoo&conditioner without anything else as I wanted to see how it performed without added products (I normally use leave in-conditioner, a hair oil and a split end serum)..and WOW! my hair was oh so soft, really shiny (I couldn't stop checking if it was actually MY hair!) and my split ends (I get them all the time, even 1 week after a trim!) were much less noticeable. I am more than happy with this and will definitely buy the full size once the Luminous Shine stuff is empty! Try it, you won't be disappointed! Also love the bottle design and the twist/squeeze bottles!
Oh and btw, if you add the Kendi Oil Treatment your hair will look EVEN shinier and healthier! :)

This shampoo (with the Bamboo smooth anti frizz conditioner) saved my hair during a really difficult time. A year and a half ago, due to a prescription medication, I started losing my hair and it continued until half was gone. What I did left have turned frizzy, dull, and it lost a lot of its color..totally dead hair.

I did a lot of research - I wanted to go with a sulfate free shampoo because of how stripping the sulfates can be. This shampoo seemed to promise to deliver what I wanted. My mom gave me a few bottles on a trip to visit me and when I left her hotel, I ran home and washed my hair immediately! When I saw her later she commented that my hair looked a lot better - and it did. I have been using this product for 7 months now. My hair has grown out a lot and I've cut most of the dead stuff off now. I could go for something else... frankly, I want a change. But during that time where I was desperate, I can't think of a better shampoo for dull, frizzy scary hair. I plan to always keep a bottle of this in my shower.

on 8/4/2011 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is my HG shampoo, I've purchased it twice already and would totally do so for a third time. I was first attracted to it because I wanted to experiment with a sulfate-free shampoo. This product basically does what it says it will do, make your hair smooth and frizz free. I'd rather pay for a quality product rather than put chemicals in my hair from drugstore shampoos. No more brittleness and dry hair for me. And it doesn't even make my hair go greasy because its not stripping it and making it go into sebum overdrive. I'm very happy my hair dresser introduced me to this.

on 2/25/2011 6:11:00 PM

This shampoo contains no irritating ingrediants or SLS, Lately, I've been avoiding SLS, Sodium Chloride and other chemicals because my hair is fine/fragile. This brings my hair back to life and even makes it easier to style. Even though its not a bodying shampoo, it seems to give my hair more body, less frizz..what more could I want. Plus, my scalp feels healthy, no itchies, no oilies, makes it easier to comb even with using a very light conditioner. Sure, it's pricey but worth it...I can't wait to try some other Alterna Sulfate Free Shampoos as well as other products.

on 12/2/2010 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I bought this new shampoo from Alterna in hope that I would not deal with the second day poof. Even women who have long hair (mine is down to my bum) deal with frizzy, fried, too much build-up hair. I braid mine almost everyday which tends to help break it. I bought this and didn't expect to find such a wonderful product, I thought there was nothing to compare to "ten" or "caviar", oh boy was I wrong!
I took my normal shower and used the shampoo. Most times I don't get a nice slip from shampoos that keep the frizz down. This one gave my hair a nice slip. I have psoriasis and one of the things that happens to me when I use a shampoo and conditioner is I get itchy and claw at myself while showering, that's when I know that what I am using will not be good for me.
This shampoo has no SLS, parabens, gluten, sodium chloride, phthalates, synthetic color, mineral oil, petrolatum, & paba. It has Bamboo extract in it and something called kendi oil. I have never used this oil before and so far (after 1 week) it's working great! It smells like spring to me and it stays in my hair from the day I wash it to the next (which is good to me, I like that). It rinses away clean and the slip I mentioned is not an overly oily one it is smooth like, softened already without conditioner. It is supposed to help strengthen hair and keep it from frizz used with the matching conditioner.
I have shine from this. I have had compliments on my hair glistening and how beautiful it looks. My husband loves the smell, but I love the smell more. My scalp feels clean (bonus points to alterna) and my hair when dry feels soft and manageable.
So far Alterna has hit a home run (again) with this shampoo for me.
If you are sensitive to smell do not use this, it is a very strong clean and flowery smell. It lasts a long time even in a room with smokers. It does not however clash with my favorite perfumes.
I think it gave my hair more body without the frizz that goes along with something like that, it has for me anyway, IMHO.
It's a bit pricey, $20 for 8.5 OZ, and the same for the conditioner. I think I will use this for the winter and see how well it stands up to the cold, rainy, snowy, icy, then into dry air indoor days of winter.
The bottle is a bit difficult to squeeze at first, but if you drop it, it will not spill since the lid is not a flip or push up top. Good thing for me since I am fumble fingers in the shower, LOL.
Give it a try if you are not sensitive to smells and want frizz free, shiny, soft hair.

Popular Shampoos